Obama wants to punish your success!

UBinVA

You guys all realize that the candidates proposals are just that right? PROPOSALS!!! What both candidates are saying now and what they will actually do in a few months are two completely separate things. Don't forget that any change will have to pass both the House and the Senate, which both sides will most likely BUTCHER any bill or proposal either candidate presents. I don't expect a whole lot to change, whoever wins.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those businesses sure had "less incentive" to grow during the Clinton years, right?

I know, it is the part that is conveniently left out by the Repigs and their claim that everything has been rosy under Bush until now is a misrep of what has been going on. More it has been a slow grind down since Clinton, because Clinton understood how to stimulate the economy, go after the cheats, cut the bureaucracy without hurting oversight. I believe he called it a leaner responsive government, not it is filled with Repig hacks how sit on the rear like FEMA director, Commerce Secretary and International Trade Representative. When do you hear about any of them supporting US business interests and doing something constructive??? NAADAA

I know, it is the part that is conveniently left out by the Repigs and their claim that everything has been rosy under Bush until now is a misrep of what has been going on. More it has been a slow grind down since Clinton, because Clinton understood how to stimulate the economy, go after the cheats, cut the bureaucracy without hurting oversight. I believe he called it a leaner responsive government, not it is filled with Repig hacks how sit on the rear like FEMA director, Commerce Secretary and International Trade Representative. When do you hear about any of them supporting US business interests and doing something constructive??? NAADAA

???? Enron HAPPENED during CLINTON. They weren't PROSECUTED until BUSH.

We bombed the crap out of everybody in WWII, and were one of the few undamaged countries left. We didn't have to spend most of our GDP rebuilding, or paying off loans to other countries. We entered the post-war period with unscathed companies and factories and railroads etc. We had tremendous natural resources. Who was going to compete with USA Inc?

We had a free ride in the 50's and early 60's. Then it caught up with us and got ugly - go back and look at the markets in the 70's to see what happened when other countries recovered. Surely people from Buffalo remember what happened to the auto and steel industries back then!

The only solution I can see is to bomb those countries back to the stoneage again. Then we will again be the worlds superpower. :nana:

???? Enron HAPPENED during CLINTON. They weren't PROSECUTED until BUSH.

It happened just before the election and the investigation came to light at the tail end, but it was Repigs leading Enron that tried to screw with the Energy market to both steal money and political gain during the elections. Justice took a while to catch up with them, but the investigation started under Clinton. Repigs tried to stall it.

Whose watch did the tech bubble house of cards rise and fall under?

Bubbles happen, but Clinton did something about it and we had a "soft landing", not so soft on the real estate deal under Bush.

A soft landing to the tech bubble? Obviously you weren't investing then. But wait, who was president during the "landing" and quite rapid recovery?

A soft landing to the tech bubble? Obviously you weren't investing then. But wait, who was president during the "landing" and quite rapid recovery?

"Quite rapid"? I guess in the grand scheme of the universe "years" is rapid but when you're out of a job, without healthcare and afraid of losing your home, a couple of years is NOT rapid.

Bubbles happen, but Clinton did something about it and we had a "soft landing", not so soft on the real estate deal under Bush.

Soft Landing??

I watch the Bills right in the middle of Silicon Valley every weekend (about 2-3 miles south of Apple HQ).

There are STILL buildings that were started during the boom that are shells. If you want me to, Ill take a picture of one on Sunday.

You can see right through them.

Most finally were occupied during the recovery after 9/11.

The good business man will have less incentive to get ahead and will limit how much he grows. Or worse they will not split out and want to own their own business. It will become the united states of givernment corporations where the only ones who have money to reinvest in the company are those that get the official "Obama seal of approval" better know as a large donation to the communist party. These companies will prosper as all other small/medium businesses will be shut down, as the wealth is distributed among the masses.

Damn it why should an apprentice plumber make less the the guy who went out invested his time, money and ideas to start the business. the apprentice has needs like his wekly stash, his nightly case of PBR, his xbox, and his gambling money just like the wealthy. Who are you to deny him his basic rights?

That's just ridiculous. If anything it will encourage growth as an expanded business and more capital investment will be a way to protect yourself from having the money your company makes taxed at a higher rate. Also I've never heard anyone say "Nah I'll just keep cruising here making the money I'm making because I don't want to pay more taxes." Preposterous.

And if you want to talk communism take a look at this bailout plan. That's the real communism in this country.