Drew Bledsoe

rolly

Drew threw 4 interceptions...

I dont care if a FAN caused an interception...

The real problem here is he through 0 TOUCHDOWNS, especially after being in the redzone numerous times.

I hate to say it but it may be time to bid big Drew goodbye.

The thing that makes it difficult is that this o-line and the blocking makes him look much worse than he is.

1) He locks onto one receiver

2) He has no pocket awareness

3) He is innacurate

4) Even when he has time to throw, he's rattled.

5) He can't evade the rush.

How many more reasons do you need? Can't Coach M just put Shane Matthews in to see what happens? I mean, could he be any worse?

PTR

1) He locks onto one receiver

2) He has no pocket awareness

3) He is innacurate

4) Even when he has time to throw, he's rattled.

5) He can't evade the rush.

How many more reasons do you need?  Can't Coach M just put Shane Matthews in to see what happens?  I mean, could he be any worse?

PTR

82995[/snapback]

To me this is SO simple...Bledsoe showed today he is no better than a Rookie as far as his decision making is concerned...So why not play the Rookie ASAP?

Look...this Game would have been completely different with a couple different plays by the QB. Like a said in a Post earlier, if Bledsoe eats the 1st INT that goes for a TD, gets the Ball to a wide open Moulds for a TD, and throws the 2nd INT out of the Endzone, the Bills win this Game going away...Period...

Up to this point of the Season, it was tough to put all the blame on Drew, in fact it was not fair...But today Drew showed exactly why he is done...Drew no longer has the awareness and Field presence necessary to keep this Team in Games. It's sad because the Ravens were begging the Bills to step up and win this Game. And if Drew had simply turned his negative plays into neutral plays, the Bills likely win today... :blink:

This is where the problem is.....

When you have protection that will give him time.....he USUALLY will pick a defense apart.....until he gets inside the 20

The problem is that I am not sure the kind of protection he needs exists in the NFL.....you would certainly have to concentrate all your resources on it.....draft, free agency, etc....you would HAVE to have all pros up there......

That is not the makeup of this team.....that is why they are MUCH better off with a guy who can tuck and run if it isn't there.....if Drew has noone to pass too....then he is no longer effective on that given play......

JP Losman.....we need you

Unfortunately for us, while JP's elusiveness will surely benefit this team, his other deficiencies as a rook in the NFL will just do us in in other ways. Of course this all may not matter in a couple weeks when he's ready to go.

I like the idea of Drew between the 20's and JP in the redzone. Atleast try it out...

Guest JP Losman
Just curious, how many of his passes that were intercepted were deflections off the hands of receivers?

83086[/snapback]

just the last one i believe..off moulds hands

the TD one, was deflected by a Ravens LB i believe...i may be wrong

Ray Lewis got his hand on the one intended for Evans in the endzone.

Just curious, how many of his passes that were intercepted were deflections off the hands of receivers?

83086[/snapback]

I hear you Campy, I have been a Drew apologist all along. That being said though, Beldsoe's decision making in the red zone was terrible today. I won't even blame the fumble and the int/defensive td on him, those things, you might argue, happen. But to twice try to force a pass in the red zone, time running low, and your team desperately needing some points (of any kind) is inexcusable for a 12 year vetran QB. I have seen improvement in Drews game the last three weeks (even today) but his decision making has not improved. We can blame the O-line all we want, but on neither of the int's Drew threw in the red zone, was he under an inordinate amount of pressure. It is getting harder to defend him every week. I am not even sure he is washed up, maybe this is as good as he can play. Whatever it is, it is not enough. Seeing Losman play is the only thing left to look forward to, if we lose another game or two.

83086[/snapback]

3 out of 4 were off his own players' hands.

The one returned for a TD MAY have been off of a Raven's player, I couldn't tell. The announcers said 3 out of 4 though.

CW

3 out of 4 were off his own players' hands.

The one returned for a TD MAY have been off of a Raven's player, I couldn't tell.  The announcers said 3 out of 4 though.

CW

83142[/snapback]

Hmmm.... I wonder how the outcome of the game might have been different if 3 of those int's were completions...

83086[/snapback]

3 (possibly 2 as one of the tips may have been by a defender rather than a receiver) of the 4 INTs were touched by a receiver before the pick. Folks will debate whetherthese INTs were primarily the receivers fault or primarily Bledsoe's fault based on their preceonceived notions of whether they hate Bledsoe or not.

In general and with no intent to lay blame on a particular player for these bad plays:

INT #1 was tipped and caught on the rebound by Deion who danced into the endzone. Protection was not great, but it was a screen and the general intent is to let the rushers in to overun the play thrown over their heads. The original pass was poorly thrown to the receiver to avoisd an ocoming rusher. It was unclear to me until (and if) I do a tape review whether it was a receiver who tipped the ball or the onrushing defender who tipped it. but it was tipped before the INT.

INT #2 was a poorly thrown ball by Bledsoe into double coverage in the endzone as Deion peeled off underneath as there was only one receiver and there was coverage deep and limited space in the endzone.

INT #3 was thrown behind Mouls but was tipped off his hands and intercepted.

INT# 4 was over he middle and off the receivers hands and my recollection (the order of these INTs and what happened here is muddy in my mind as I was well past being frustrated at this point) is that it should have been caught.

83086[/snapback]

Two of the four. But the Deion TD was a bad decision on his part. Even though it went off McGahee's hands, Bledsoe threw into traffic.

Of the five Bills turnovers, four were clearly Bledsoe's fault. Bledsoe also missed a wide open Eric Moulds at the goaline.

It is rare when you can lay the blame for the loss at one person's feet. There is no question in this case that Bledsoe single handedly cost us the game.