Gonzalez Report

BillsVet

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. I read that. Did you? It isn't true.

You must have missed it, because due to the anti-trust exemption it is clear the NFL is a psuedo-public company (the Packers are further proof), and as a result Sarbanes-Oxley applies to all competitors of the Packers, which are the NFC teams. As a result, Roy Williams would be covered under Sarbanes-Oxley.

You must have missed it, because due to the anti-trust exemption it is clear the NFL is a psuedo-public company (the Packers are further proof), and as a result Sarbanes-Oxley applies to all competitors of the Packers, which are the NFC teams. As a result, Roy Williams would be covered under Sarbanes-Oxley.

If you're being serious...you realize that you're saying to me that there is a law which abides to one conference in the NFL and not the other. Re-read that, realize how foolish it sounds, and get back to me.

Preachin to the choir Longhorn.

If you're being serious...you realize that you're saying to me that there is a law which abides to one conference in the NFL and not the other. Re-read that, realize how foolish it sounds, and get back to me.

Where do you think the direct competitors to the Packers reside? Obviously not the AFC, because they can't make the AFC's playoffs.

The AFC are their competitors as well. Last time i checked the packers play AFC teams, and would play one if they made the super bowl.

Both the Dallas trade for Roy Williams and the non-trade of Tony Gonzalez were reported almost exactly at 4. But I suppose this has nothing to do with Sarbanes Oxley right?

It's got more to do with Sidney Glyck and The Five Ruptured Hawaiians than it does Sarbanes Oxley.

The AFC are their competitors as well. Last time i checked the packers play AFC teams, and would play one if they made the super bowl.

While that's true everyone knows that football teams make all their money off of home playoff games, especially because they don't make the playoffs at that point. As such, you can't have a home super bowl, and you aren't going to miss the playoffs to an NFC team if you play in the AFC. Thus, while they are competing on the football field on Sunday,t heya ren't really competing for profit, and thus aren't competitors.

While that's true everyone knows that football teams make all their money off of home playoff games, especially because they don't make the playoffs at that point. As such, you can't have a home super bowl, and you aren't going to miss the playoffs to an NFC team if you play in the AFC. Thus, while they are competing on the football field on Sunday,t heya ren't really competing for profit, and thus aren't competitors.
NFL teams can only be considered profit competitors by the most liberal of interpretations.

The ones in the AFC do because they all are trying to make the playoffs to have home playoff games, thats how they make their money.

Then the Colts and Packers should be considered competitors because they play next week. Therefore, the whole league would be competitors. However, i have read absolutely nothing that says:

1) The NFL is even considered publicly owned... since it isn't.

2) The NFL even falls under Oxley.

It is a gigantic stretch to assume that it does.

OK, I've been gone most of the day. Someone do me a solid and catch me up. From a brief glance at the wall, I see the Bills got Tony Gonzalez for McCargo. Very nice trade.

Anything else?

OK, I've been gone most of the day. Someone do me a solid and catch me up. From a brief glance at the wall, I see the Bills got Tony Gonzalez for McCargo. Very nice trade.

Anything else?

Yeah, we also picked up Mike Williams from the Lions. I heard he is a helluva good tackle.