Ross Tucker on dominance of Steelers' fans

Only 25 percent in Jacksonville? Based on their problems selling tickets, that actually sounds low.

Anyone who was at that '04 (actually 1/2/05) game can't disagree with him.

Compared to college football fanatics, I think NFL fans (Steelers, Bills included) do little traveling...it's just that so many northeast natives now live in other cities in close proximity to an NFL franchise.

Granted, Steeler fans bought up gobs of Bills tix in 2004 in the midst of their 15-1 season, but it's only a three hour drive from Pitt. I know a lot of you traveled to the desert last weekend, but don't you think the majority of the Bills fans there in AZ were within a two hour drive?

And Tucker's statement about Skins fans? Pleeeze...they're often as quiet as church mice.

I remember I left that game absolutely hating Rian Lindell.

God, that game. Anyone remember how great Clemens was in that game? Fumbled a punt return but then returned a pick for six? Completely redeemed himself on that play. But yeah, I ended up hating Lindell for that kick too, and I have to say, I still do. Now I know that might be seen as irrational, especially with Lindell and that streak inside the 40, but I don't think I can forgive the guy for that miss, no matter how much time passes. Every time he lines up, I think back to that kick, and get nervous. I'm still uncertain if he can make a 40 plus field goal in crunch time (proven wrong in Wash last year but I still don't like him). I need to see him hit a game-winning playoff kick before he's great in my book.

I know, I know, completely irrational, but still....he shoulda made that F'N kick!

I brought a steelers fan to that game in 04/05. I am part of the problem. Not the solution.

Before we game, we had a lot of laughs. After the game, I wanted her to find her own way home.

I have said this before on other posts, and I will say it again, Steeler Fans are the worst in the NFL.

bar none. I live in that area, and have been to, and have watched many Steeler games, and have

been to quite a few Steelers/Bills games, including one divisional, and one wild card playoff game

in Pittsburgh, as well as numerous in Buffalo. I have also been to many other NFL games in

other cities, as well.

They are great until the Stillers either start losing, or

have a big lead, then they turn into total tools. Yeah they support their team very loyally, but what fans

don't? They think the Stillers should be winning every minute of every game, or they start immediatley booing,

circa Baltimore Pittsburgh recent Monday Night Game. 1rst quarter, no less. Oh, and yeah, they are also the least knowledgable.

I have said this before on other posts, and I will say it again, Steeler Fans are the worst in the NFL.

bar none. I live in that area, and have been to, and have watched many Steeler games, and have

been to quite a few Steelers/Bills games, including one divisional, and one wild card playoff game

in Pittsburgh, as well as numerous in Buffalo. I have also been to many other NFL games in

other cities, as well.

They are great until the Stillers either start losing, or

have a big lead, then they turn into total tools. Yeah they support their team very loyally, but what fans

don't? They think the Stillers should be winning every minute of every game, or they start immediatley booing,

circa Baltimore Pittsburgh recent Monday Night Game. 1rst quarter, no less. Oh, and yeah, they are also the least knowledgable.

On behalf of my Stiller fan Mother, brother, and wife, I must wholeheartedly disagree w/ your broad generalization.

On behalf of my Stiller fan Mother, brother, and wife, I must wholeheartedly disagree w/ your broad generalization.

I agree. My dad was a lifelong Steelers fan and his whole side of the family is from Pitt., so I had alot of exposure to Steeler fans (plus I grew up in Western PA). I would compare them very closely to Buffalo fans, except they have won 5 Super Bowls and have something to really brag about when people bring up the past. If the Bills had won 4 straight super bowls in the early 90's, I think that we'd be a little cockier, too.

God, that game. Anyone remember how great Clemens was in that game? Fumbled a punt return but then returned a pick for six? Completely redeemed himself on that play. But yeah, I ended up hating Lindell for that kick too, and I have to say, I still do. Now I know that might be seen as irrational, especially with Lindell and that streak inside the 40, but I don't think I can forgive the guy for that miss, no matter how much time passes. Every time he lines up, I think back to that kick, and get nervous. I'm still uncertain if he can make a 40 plus field goal in crunch time (proven wrong in Wash last year but I still don't like him). I need to see him hit a game-winning playoff kick before he's great in my book.

I know, I know, completely irrational, but still....he shoulda made that F'N kick!

I thought I was the only one who still felt that way about Lindell. I told the gang I watch Bills game with that I still don't trust Lindell, and when I explained why, all they said was I hold a grudge too long.

I attended a small college out of Erie, midway point from Buffalo, Pittsburgh and Cleveland. My frat brothers and friends are die-hard Stiller fans. I made the mistake of attending the Monday night Stillers/Bills game at Three Rivers. The only Bills highlight coming off a Kurt Schultz interception return for a TD. I was wearing my Bills gear and felt like I was the new guy in jail - all eyes on the fresh meat. I even had old ladies harassing me at the concession stands. My friends still laugh about it today. They can't believe I was that stupid to attend a game in the Burgh wearing Bills gear and chearing for the wrong team.

I agree. My dad was a lifelong Steelers fan and his whole side of the family is from Pitt., so I had alot of exposure to Steeler fans (plus I grew up in Western PA). I would compare them very closely to Buffalo fans, except they have won 5 Super Bowls and have something to really brag about when people bring up the past. If the Bills had won 4 straight super bowls in the early 90's, I think that we'd be a little cockier, too.

Yep.

It's a theme that has been rehashed here countless times and it's no less true now: there are boorish fans of EACH AND EVERY TEAM! That doesn't mean that each and every fan of said team is boorish. And as for not being knowledgeable, I can only hope to lack knowledge to the degree of my Mother, a retired senior executive of Social Security, and my brother, an award winning journalist of nearly 20 years. Not to mention my wife, who keeps me in line (that takes some work) and also manages a pharmacy, a task that she spends 'bout 60-70 hours per week doing.

I attended a small college out of Erie, midway point from Buffalo, Pittsburgh and Cleveland. My frat brothers and friends are die-hard Stiller fans. I made the mistake of attending the Monday night Stillers/Bills game at Three Rivers. The only Bills highlight coming off a Kurt Schultz interception return for a TD. I was wearing my Bills gear and felt like I was the new guy in jail - all eyes on the fresh meat. I even had old ladies harassing me at the concession stands. My friends still laugh about it today. They can't believe I was that stupid to attend a game in the Burgh wearing Bills gear and chearing for the wrong team.

I was born and raised in Erie. Which college did you attend? Gannon? Mercyhurst? PENN STATE-Erie? Edinboro?

Only 25 percent in Jacksonville? Based on their problems selling tickets, that actually sounds low.

Anyone who was at that '04 (actually 1/2/05) game can't disagree with him.

It was the holidays - it's all a blur! In fact, I distinctly recall being mildly hungover at kickoff time ...