Should Schoebel be traded or cut after the season?

So far this season, Schoebel should be getting the minimum for veteran players, not $7 million a year. It would be nice to see if we can trade him, and get something in return. Plus, I think Denney should be cut. I'd like to see more of Chris Ellis.

I know Anthony Hargrove is suspended for a year, but is he still under contract with us? I wonder if managment would try to bring him back next year.

Either way, DE should be a high priority in the off-season.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So far this season, Schoebel should be getting the minimum for veteran players, not $7 million a year. It would be nice to see if we can trade him, and get something in return. Plus, I think Denney should be cut. I'd like to see more of Chris Ellis.

I know Anthony Hargrove is suspended for a year, but is he still under contract with us? I wonder if managment would try to bring him back next year.

I agree we should add depth at DE because Shobel and Kelsey and Denny re getting up there in age but Schobel is an excellent against the run. If we trade him expect alot of teams to line up for his services. there is a reason many players and coaches vote for him as a pro bowler every year

I get tired of hearing the excuse that Schoebel is always double-teamed. How many times was Bruce Smith doubled-teamed and he still got pressure to the QB. If Schoebel can only get pressure 1 on 1, then he should be paid much less than $7 million a year. For $7 million a year, he needs to be doing a lot more.

If Chris Ellis warrants more playing time he'll get it. Schobel is playing just fine IMO. If you watch him he's pressuring the QB a lot. The whole D had a problem yesterday and I think a lot of it had to do with Arizona's high powered offense. This is still a young team and games like that will happen now and again. The big test is how they respond to the loss.

I agree we should add depth at DE because Shobel and Kelsey and Denny re getting up there in age but Schobel is an excellent against the run. If we trade him expect alot of teams to line up for his services. there is a reason many players and coaches vote for him as a pro bowler every year

Exactly, I think a lot of fans have been spoiled by Bruce Smith. Not every DE is going to be the greatest DE ever. A lot of people need to forget about Bruce and just compare him to other DE's in the league. He's not what he once was but he's still worthy of pro-bowl votes.

Cut or traded? You guys are insane. Even if he is having a down year. We start to get all the pieces in place for this team and you want to start cutting or trading people after a loss? Wow.......Too much Madden and FF for some of you guys.

I get tired of hearing the excuse that Schoebel is always double-teamed. How many times was Bruce Smith doubled-teamed and he still got pressure to the QB. If Schoebel can only get pressure 1 on 1, then he should be paid much less than $7 million a year. For $7 million a year, he needs to be doing a lot more.

I read somewhere that the Gandy was the starting LT for the Cards.

Schobel couldn't get any pressure against GANDY?

Sure glad Marv resigned him to that huge contract.

Cut or traded? You guys are insane. Even if he is having a down year. We start to get all the pieces in place for this team and you want to start cutting or trading people after a loss? Wow.......Too much Madden and FF for some of you guys.

I've been saying for years that we've needed better DE's. I've been on Schobel all season long. He hasn't done jack sh*t this season, so I'm not just saying this after 1 game. Schoebel looked bad last year and only got 5.5 sacks, but he got a pass on the season because we had bad DT's, and the excuse was he was getting double-teamed. On paper, we were told that our new DT's would free up our DE's, so far it hasn't worked for Schoebel.

I've been saying for years that we've needed better DE's. I've been on Schobel all season long. He hasn't done jack sh*t this season, so I'm not just saying this after 1 game. Schoebel looked bad last year and only got 5.5 sacks, but he got a pass on the season because we had bad DT's, and the excuse was he was getting double-teamed. On paper, we were told that our new DT's would free up our DE's, so far it hasn't worked for Schoebel.

So who are you going to bring in whos better?

Ellis who cant beat out copeland Byron? Hargrove who is suspended for the year and carrer is pretty much over?

He has been awsome against the run, there was a sweep yesterday that He blew up for a few yard loss. He has been causing trouble in the backfield on run plays all season and im sorry hes not bruce but hes better than you want to give him credit for

So who are you going to bring in whos better?

Ellis who cant beat out copeland Byron? Hargrove who is suspended for the year and carrer is pretty much over?

He has been awsome against the run, there was a sweep yesterday that He blew up for a few yard loss. He has been causing trouble in the backfield on run plays all season and im sorry hes not bruce but hes better than you want to give him credit for

Was he suspended for the entire year? I thought it was just a couple of games?

Its funny how all the "expert" fans think he is trash and needs to be sent packing/not worth his money, yet the paid "experts" and coaches seem to have a different opinion on him.

Its funny how all the "expert" fans think he is trash and needs to be sent packing/not worth his money, yet the paid "experts" and coaches seem to have a different opinion on him.

I thought it was for the year but i might be wrong now that you got me second guessing myself... jerk :thumbsup:

He was suspended for 4 games last year IIRC

I've always been a fan of Schoebel, but he is not much of a pass rusher this year (so far). He hurt his foot, which may explain the lack of production. Kelsay hurt his ankle last year and declined, and fans lambasted him. Now he's healthy, and the best DE on the team.

I thought it was for the year but i might be wrong now that you got me second guessing myself... jerk :thumbsup:

He was suspended for 4 games last year IIRC

LOL, I thought it was for another 4 games or it was bumped up to 8 for a second offence. I'm not sure either. I thought that he could come back sometime during this season. But I'm not 100% sure if his suspension kicks in once he signs with a team, or if it counts if he is not part of a team?