Jason Peters' Contract Renegotiation

DDD

I don't think missing the OTAs has anything to do with his current play. I don't know personally what goes on at these OTAs, but they seem to basically a bonding experience.

Training camp is much different. There is a lot of learning to be had. However, there is probably more learning during the first month of the regular season than the month of training camp. And as stated above, Peters really hasn't improved over the first month of the season. This is not good. He's had his month, you can't keep on blaming it on missed camp.

I don't think missing the OTAs has anything to do with his current play. I don't know personally what goes on at these OTAs, but they seem to basically a bonding experience.

Training camp is much different. There is a lot of learning to be had. However, there is probably more learning during the first month of the regular season than the month of training camp. And as stated above, Peters really hasn't improved over the first month of the season. This is not good. He's had his month, you can't keep on blaming it on missed camp.

Training camp is about getting into football shape. It's very difficult to do this while you're getting ready for and playing meaningful games every week; it's a different kind of preparation.

His poor play definitely reflects the fact that he missed camp.

Training camp is about getting into football shape. It's very difficult to do this while you're getting ready for and playing meaningful games every week; it's a different kind of preparation.

Does this mean that he is never going to get into "football shape" anytime this season, since he will be preparing for games each week?

I would think that if he is not in "football shape" by week 5 of the NFL, he has a little bigger problem that just missing training camp, which under the Jauron regime, doesn't look to be that grueling.

I say, don't pay him at all, he has years on his contract. If he gets back up to his ability, be an ass and franchise tag him the year after his contract is up, see where to go from there. If he's fantastic, pay him the deserved money.

Yep exactly. If I am the bills I would tell Parker & Peters we are not doing anything. Play the final three years of your contract as is. Then after his contract, if he really is an all pro tackle that they seem to think he is, franchise his a**. If he does not like that, tell him to go back to Arkansas & flip burgers for a living.

A lot more than that. I'd say the whole damn kennel.

Holy crap!!! You actually made a funny, that one was very nicely done!

Holy crap!! You understood something I posted!! :thumbsup:

Does this mean that he is never going to get into "football shape" anytime this season, since he will be preparing for games each week?

I would think that if he is not in "football shape" by week 5 of the NFL, he has a little bigger problem that just missing training camp, which under the Jauron regime, doesn't look to be that grueling.

What he said.

When you are a lineman and you are beaten you push the rusher outside away from the pocket so that the rusher over shoots the QB. In Peter's defense, he has not played with a quaterback this year that is running backwards out of the back of the pocket. Edwards steps up in the pocket. I think Peter's has stunk this year, but wouldn't make too much out of that play.

I say pay him him $85,000 a year. Thats a good solid income in the Buffalo area. He will have plenty of money to buy a nice house and pay for groceries.

AMEN! Anyone that sucks that bad doesn't deserve millions of dollars. He has been pathetic and should have his contract renogiated...down. Don't let the door hit his fat ass on the way out!

Well the two Trent fumbles that led to scores were definitely his fault. But yesterday a guy ran right by him and tackled JP at the 2. That one is on JP because he hung on to the ball which means he saw the guy coming.

Overall he was better yesterday until JP came in. Hopefully the trend continues once Trent is back.

I will have to check the tape but I think that was a screen pass that was blown when the back got caught up in the line traffic. There is no secodary target in a screen and there is no such thing as pass interference behind the line. You can literally grab and hold the back if you read the screen. JP had no place to go with the ball. I counted, I think 3 blown screen attempts yesterday.

AMEN! Anyone that sucks that bad doesn't deserve millions of dollars. He has been pathetic and should have his contract renogiated...down. Don't let the door hit his fat ass on the way out!

Yeah, we should cut him, serve him right. Chambers is waaay better. :censored:

Petered made a big mistake listening to his agent and even more not doing something during off season to raise his game. Do you know how many 1st time pro bowlers never return to the pro bowl? Many of them. Being nominated is nice but that can happen because of a lucky streak against a few players whose game is down but repeated pro bowls is what demonstrates a player is very, very good despite all of the undeserved digs at Ruben Brown.

Our cast off LT looked better playing for AZ than Petered did. I was at the game and able to focus on him good portion of it. Either it was the hernia or the off season conditioning but he looks terrible.

I am in strong favor of renegotiating Jason Peters contract...for less money. Kudos to Ralph Wilson for standing his ground. Can you imagine the criticism of the organization if he was paid as a top 5 tackle with his performance on the field to this point. Pathetic. The guy has been average. He's had 4 weeks to get into "football shape" and missed several big blocks again today. Seriously, I know he is a good young player but was the pro-bowl season last year an aberration? :nana:

But they deserve criticism anyways.

Look at the money they invested in the offensive line.

And what do they have?

It's one of two things, either Lynch is way overrated or this line cannot run block.

They're not great at pass blocking either.

Well he has 2 weeks now to get in shape. Git ER done JP.