Jason Peters' Contract Renegotiation

DDD

I am in strong favor of renegotiating Jason Peters contract...for less money. Kudos to Ralph Wilson for standing his ground. Can you imagine the criticism of the organization if he was paid as a top 5 tackle with his performance on the field to this point. Pathetic. The guy has been average. He's had 4 weeks to get into "football shape" and missed several big blocks again today. Seriously, I know he is a good young player but was the pro-bowl season last year an aberration? :thumbsup:

I am in strong favor of renegotiating Jason Peters contract...for less money. Kudos to Ralph Wilson for standing his ground. Can you imagine the criticism of the organization if he was paid as a top 5 tackle with his performance on the field to this point. Pathetic. The guy has been average. He's had 4 weeks to get into "football shape" and missed several big blocks again today. Seriously, I know he is a good young player but was the pro-bowl season last year an aberration? :thumbsup:

Buffalo was smart to let him sit so long, now they wont have to pay him SQUAT!

I say, don't pay him at all, he has years on his contract. If he gets back up to his ability, be an ass and franchise tag him the year after his contract is up, see where to go from there. If he's fantastic, pay him the deserved money.

I am in strong favor of renegotiating Jason Peters contract...for less money. Kudos to Ralph Wilson for standing his ground. Can you imagine the criticism of the organization if he was paid as a top 5 tackle with his performance on the field to this point. Pathetic. The guy has been average. He's had 4 weeks to get into "football shape" and missed several big blocks again today. Seriously, I know he is a good young player but was the pro-bowl season last year an aberration? :thumbdown:

Really, really stupid way to handle the offseason.

he and his agent screwd the pooch

A lot more than that. I'd say the whole damn kennel.

I am in strong favor of renegotiating Jason Peters contract...for less money. Kudos to Ralph Wilson for standing his ground. Can you imagine the criticism of the organization if he was paid as a top 5 tackle with his performance on the field to this point. Pathetic. The guy has been average. He's had 4 weeks to get into "football shape" and missed several big blocks again today. Seriously, I know he is a good young player but was the pro-bowl season last year an aberration? :thumbdown:

I say pay him him $85,000 a year. Thats a good solid income in the Buffalo area. He will have plenty of money to buy a nice house and pay for groceries.

WAIT A MINUTE... Jason Peters handled the offseason poorly?

:thumbdown:

I say pay him him $85,000 a year. Thats a good solid income in the Buffalo area. He will have plenty of money to buy a nice house and pay for groceries.

If they renegotiate his contract it has to have some serious performance bonus' attached to it.

Now THIS is a thread I can hang in! Awesome posts! The dude is getting NO better week by week.

Well the two Trent fumbles that led to scores were definitely his fault. But yesterday a guy ran right by him and tackled JP at the 2. That one is on JP because he hung on to the ball which means he saw the guy coming.

Overall he was better yesterday until JP came in. Hopefully the trend continues once Trent is back.

Well the two Trent fumbles that led to scores were definitely his fault. But yesterday a guy ran right by him and tackled JP at the 2. That one is on JP because he hung on to the ball which means he saw the guy coming.

Overall he was better yesterday until JP came in. Hopefully the trend continues once Trent is back.

No, that was JP's fault. When Peters screws up and leads to a Trent sack, it is Peter's fault. When Peters screws up and leads to a JP sack, it's JP's fault for holding onto the ball for too long.

A JP mistake trumps a Peter's mistake.

All joking aside, do you think it would be a good idea to have Peters and Walker swap positions for a while (or permanently)? Walker seemed to do a good job and will likely just get better.

come on man get real. had he attended offseason workouts and OTA's and went thru training camp and learned the new offense like the rest of his teammates he would be his same old dominating self and would most likely like evans have a new deal in hand

you dont get ready to play in the NFL(espically being away from anything football related for 8 months with a new offense to boot) in 4 weeks give me a freaking break.

come on man get real. had he attended offseason workouts and OTA's and went thru training camp and learned the new offense like the rest of his teammates he would be his same old dominating self and would most likely like evans have a new deal in hand

you dont get ready to play in the NFL(espically being away from anything football related for 8 months with a new offense to boot) in 4 weeks give me a freaking break.

Really good point; he'll be back to his old self in another 8 months. No reason for worry.