Those blaming JP....??

YOOOOOO

The defense was not up to the task because they knew Losman would not be able to keep them off the field.

Assuming your asinine theory is correct (which I can assure you it is not), that means the Defense quit cuz JP came in...boy doesn't that mean the D is to blame? Wouldn't that make you feel bad for a guy instead of find obscure things to blast him about?

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The defense was not up to the task because they knew Losman would not be able to keep them off the field. On the other hand, Trent Edwards would have been up to a "big, late comeback." We would have had a BETTER chance of winning that game, had Edwards been in during the second half. He gets the job done, never gives up, and makes smart decisions. He also takes the blame for the things he does wrong, even some things that weren't his fault, he takes the blame like a man.

I do like him, as a backup...but JP Losman will NEVER amount to anything besides a backup QB in this league. Teams don't want a guy that whines, complains and blames everyone else after he makes a mistake.

:thumbsup:

Other factors not mentioned: The adjustments the coaching staff had to make after TE went out. I'm not sure, but I think they threw some of the playbook out when JP came in because he wasn't familiar with the plays. Then his oft documented flaws were highlighted, like holding on to the ball too long. Love him or hate him, he's got the Buffalo on his helmet so we should want him to succeed. I would've hoped that they had more plays in for TE. They had him come out with 3 passes in the shotgun before he got nailed. I bet they wanted a quick score because they knew that KW and the Cards could score. If TE is out a few weeks, at least JP will have 2 weeks to practice before a start.

I agree...I think they had to slim down the playbook....

and there no doubt on that opening drive...they went from scripted plays to conservitive runs....so much so that the offensive line seemed confused when they allowed a Card DLinemen into the backfield untouched on the botched handoff....

The defense was on the field for so long because they couldnt stop the Cards on 3rd downs....plain and simple......

People need to understand...T.O.P. is not just on the offense....its predictated on a defense that cant get 3rd down stops, and before today we were getting stops at an absurd rate....

unfortunately we didnt do that today :/

my point exactly, we didn't make those third down stops cuz...we were tired. i am not solely blaming the offense and i am not solely blaming the defense I am saying the unsuccessfulness of one fed the unsuccessfulness of the other and visa-versa.

Losman looked great in the first half. You're an idiot. Bitching about Losman, pretending his poor play in garbage time cost us the game only makes me lose absolutely all my respect for you're ability to assess football games.

I can not believe the number of people on this board that have NO CLUE about football. My wife who has no interest in football at all, has more knowledge about the game than MANY of these posters.

I can not believe the number of people on this board that have NO CLUE about football. My wife who has no interest in football at all, has more knowledge about the game than MANY of these posters.

Seriously? Are you saying you're wife knows more than me about football because I don't jump off the boat with JP?

my point exactly, we didn't make those third down stops cuz...we were tired. i am not solely blaming the offense and i am not solely blaming the defense I am saying the unsuccessfulness of one fed the unsuccessfulness of the other and visa-versa.

Oh yea what was the defense doing before the game started...that got them so tired??

Oh yea what was the defense doing before the game started...that got them so tired??

um lets see, they were covering the best widerecieving core in the game. if you saw in the begining, they couldn't run the ball, so in order to slow the game down and keep our defense on the field TO TIRE US OUT they use short slants, outs, and crossing routes. they rarely had a pass over 20 yards. basically when you are in the redzone for 8 plays(thats only 20 yards) and you can still convert, your going to tire out the defense, then when edwards got injured and lynch fumbled, the defense was back on the field again.

um lets see, they were covering the best widerecieving core in the game. if you saw in the begining, they couldn't run the ball, so in order to slow the game down and keep our defense on the field TO TIRE US OUT they use short slants, outs, and crossing routes. they rarely had a pass over 20 yards. basically when you are in the redzone for 8 plays(thats only 20 yards) and you can still convert, your going to tire out the defense, then when edwards got injured and lynch fumbled, the defense was back on the field again.

Ummmmm we had the ball first....The defense was never on the field before the botched handoff??

Again what was our defense doing before the game started that got them so tired??

Nobody has mentioned this yet so maybe I'm wrong but, I remember a play where the pressure came on JP down by the Bills goal line and he ran back and was sacked at the 3. He almost had a damn safety. :angry:

The one where JP got off of the bench, put on his helmet, and entered the game. :thumbdown:

:lol:

So you're blaming the poor defensive play on JP? Interesting.

The Cards had a 12 minute TOP advantage. That's almost a full extra quarter the D was on the field.

Actually, many are blaming JP.

He made many good plays, two or three terrific plays, and a few clunkers.

JP's M.O. (this comes from a formerly rabid JP supporter) is he makes two or three jaw dropping plays a game and then looks lost out there. His good plays are not enough to make up for his bad plays in a lot of games and this is a classic example. I also believe TE's calm demeanor tranlates to the entire team. JP plays desperate and I think it stresses the team more.

From ZOW2 sad but true.

- This game was a microcosm of JP's entire career. He's got his one trick up his sleeve (bomb) and no other game to speak of. He has no pocket presence, no clock in his head, terrible with ball security, has a penchant for taking huge sacks and generally makes the O-line look much worse than they are. This would be a 5-11 team with JP at the helm. I kinda' feel bad for him. Little did he know that Edwards' injury may have cost him hundreds of thousands of dollars. After this game, any team that may have given him a chance to be their starter next year just crossed that idea off their list. JP is headed for the same place that players like Harringotn and Carr are at. A career backup at best,

Thank you for saving me all of that typing. What he said. :D

Well, Harrington has had starting opportunities several times in his career. I expect JP will get the same. I'm not Christ, so don't claim to know the future. But, his performance today, probably made some teams more excited and some more reluctant.

Jesus, what a stupid thing to say. :D

He looked great,"Coach, what do you got for third and 27"

:lol:

You're probably better of just recognizing that for so many posters JP is to blame for every cruel and unjust action in the world and ignoring them. I fully expect JP to be blamed for losing the bye week. It amazes me how someone that has tried so hard to do well is hated so much by some.

I don't hate him. I admire the guy off the field. I was one of the stoutest JP supporters here but on the field the guy sucks. People do get carried away with criticizing him but as long as they only criticize his play I don't think that's hating him as a person.

I beg all of you disillusioned idiots blaming JP and crying for Hamdan(Who you claim is so much better than Losman, yet you can't spell his name correctly) to consider liking another team.

I like Hemmeddannnsssamdiojdudonmdsolujeotnmelujd. What's your problem! :angry:

Ummmmm we had the ball first....The defense was never on the field before the botched handoff??

Again what was our defense doing before the game started that got them so tired??

oh and I forgot to mention the long drive that made it 14-0 what was that, over 14 plays or so and then there was the fact that our offense was on the field for the next 20 seconds(i give credit to jp though, that was an exciting play). I would take a slow and steady offense over a flashy one anyday, as long as they both can score. its almost as if they gameplaned to keep our offense off the field(where have we seen this gameplan before) because our defense isn't the scoring type(at least not like tennessee's). then you have there next long drive, another 12 plays, then the offense gets another long play, jp goes in for the touchdown, defense back on the field, another long drive 13 plays, then our offense can't stay on the field with a three-and-out, are you starting to see the picture here? now why don't you go back upstairs and try to convince yourself its not your fault you have two dads, its okay i will wait. :thumbdown:

oh and I forgot to mention the long drive that made it 14-0 what was that, over 14 plays or so and then there was the fact that our offense was on the field for the next 20 seconds(i give credit to jp though, that was an exciting play). I would take a slow and steady offense over a flashy one anyday, as long as they both can score. its almost as if they gameplaned to keep our offense off the field(where have we seen this gameplan before) because our defense isn't the scoring type(at least not like tennessee's). then you have there next long drive, another 12 plays, then the offense gets another long play, jp goes in for the touchdown, defense back on the field, another long drive 13 plays, then our offense can't stay on the field with a three-and-out, are you starting to see the picture here? now why don't you go back upstairs and try to convince yourself its not your fault you have two dads, its okay i will wait. :thumbdown:

Did you write this from your phone?

I don't understand the premise of the people defending jp. Are you saying he didn't cause the loss or that he played well? Yes, the defense was terrible, does that mean we can't judge how well jp played? He showed the same shortcomings today as he showed when he first came in the league. You can definitely see the talent, but he just doesn't get it. He doesn't get rid of the ball at the right time, and he doesn't put the ball in a place where his receivers can catch it and go. I don't blame jp for the loss, he was trying out there, but I think you can say that when your #1 qb gets injured on the first drive, the entire game is changed, and usually changed for the worse.

God, you're so annoying. I'm getting sick of you continually hopping into threads and take up all this space quoting things and saying nothing productive. No one cares what you have to say. I thought you would have learned your lesson after you didn't realize our coach played football.

God, you're so annoying. I'm getting sick of you continually hopping into threads and take up all this space quoting things and saying nothing productive. No one cares what you have to say. I thought you would have learned your lesson after you didn't realize our coach played football.

you talking to me, cuz i always knew jauron(even if he does look like a corpse) played football?

I don't understand the premise of the people defending jp. Are you saying he didn't cause the loss or that he played well? Yes, the defense was terrible, does that mean we can't judge how well jp played? He showed the same shortcomings today as he showed when he first came in the league. You can definitely see the talent, but he just doesn't get it. He doesn't get rid of the ball at the right time, and he doesn't put the ball in a place where his receivers can catch it and go. I don't blame jp for the loss, he was trying out there, but I think you can say that when your #1 qb gets injured on the first drive, the entire game is changed, and usually changed for the worse.

... He just doesn't get what? He did a great job in the first half, and by the time it was up to him in the second half the game was over, and he was being blitzed unmercifully while being a sitting duck in an obvious passing situation.

I guess in a way, I also blame trents injury on the loss rather than our defense. I don't think I'm saying they gave up, just that they were forced to play a different game than they prepared for.

And, since you just asked someone else, this was indeed posted from my phone :thumbdown: