Kimbo Slice and LT

Phlegm Alley

Kimbo got !@#$ up yesterday.

That was the first time I ever watched MMA and I wasn't impressed. I thought it was very weak. Kimbo was F'ed up by 2 punches, the one that took him down and one while he was down. All of the other punches were outright misses or just glancing blows. The guy who won the fight before that had his opponent down, and all he did was deliver weak love taps. Why not throw real punches? Boxing + WWE = MMA. :thumbsup:

That was the first time I ever watched MMA and I wasn't impressed. I thought it was very weak. Kimbo was F'ed up by 2 punches, the one that took him down and one while he was down. All of the other punches were outright misses or just glancing blows. The guy who won the fight before that had his opponent down, and all he did was deliver weak love laps. Why not throw real punches? Boxing + WWE = MMA. :thumbsup:

I like MMA. That dude just got in the lucky punch like Buster Douglas. I think Kimbo took him very lightly. Bad idea. The guy who knocked him out increased his pay for the next fight a lot!!

I don't think Shamrock would have been that quick. Slice just wasn't paying attention. He thought this dude was a tomato can.

I like MMA. That dude just got in the lucky punch like Buster Douglas. I think Kimbo took him very lightly. Bad idea. The guy who knocked him out increased his pay for the next fight a lot!!

I don't think Shamrock would have been that quick. Slice just wasn't paying attention. He thought this dude was a tomato can.

Maybe I shouldn't pass judgement on the whole industry based on the 3 matches I saw last but I was unimpressed with the lack of real violence. I thought they should have let the Kimbo fight go a little longer. Like I said, in the fight before that, the guy from San Fran had his opponent down and the punches he was throwing were a disgrace.

I guess I'm an old fart but I'm uncomfortable with MMA. (Such bloodlust in any society is a bad omen.) That said, the little I've read about Kimbo Slice was that he was more hype than heart, and yesterdays 14sec KO pretty much exposed him for a fraud. (And may have took his promotion company down with him.) With apologies to Steely Dan, I don't think any fighter can get dropped that fast unless its a total mismatch, not a case of Kimbo taking his opponent too lightly. But I'll admit I'm no expert.

PTR

I like MMA. That dude just got in the lucky punch like Buster Douglas.

I realize you were probably 3 when that fight occurred but Buster Douglas in no way beat Tyson with a "lucky punch". He pounded Tyson all night and would have probably won a decision if he hadn't KOd him.

I realize you were probably 3 when that fight occurred but Buster Douglas in no way beat Tyson with a "lucky punch". He pounded Tyson all night and would have probably won a decision if he hadn't KOd him.

Got me. I was thinking of the Lewis fight against :lol: .

That was the first time I ever watched MMA and I wasn't impressed. I thought it was very weak. Kimbo was F'ed up by 2 punches, the one that took him down and one while he was down. All of the other punches were outright misses or just glancing blows. The guy who won the fight before that had his opponent down, and all he did was deliver weak love laps. Why not throw real punches? Boxing + WWE = MMA. :thumbsup:

Dude that is not MMA its Elite XC which is like watching the local semi-pro baseball team. Watch UFC or Affliction if you want to see some real MMA and then you'll understand. :devil:

Dude that is not MMA its Elite XC which is like watching the local semi-pro baseball team. Watch UFC or Affliction if you want to see some real MMA and then you'll understand. :thumbsup:

Affiction has had one show, I wouldn't put them in the same cartegory as the UFC, Pride (which is no more), WEC, StrikeForce or K-1. Besides Affiction is partners with EliteXC now.

The only thing good about Affiction is they have the best pound for pound fighter in the world right now Fedor.

Kimbo Slice is a joke to us real mma fans.

That was the first time I ever watched MMA and I wasn't impressed. I thought it was very weak. Kimbo was F'ed up by 2 punches, the one that took him down and one while he was down. All of the other punches were outright misses or just glancing blows. The guy who won the fight before that had his opponent down, and all he did was deliver weak love taps. Why not throw real punches? Boxing + WWE = MMA. :thumbsup:

Elite XC is to MMA as Highschool Football is to the NFL.

Want to expereince MMA - watch the UFC event on November 15 - Lesnar v. Couture.

Affiction has had one show, I wouldn't put them in the same cartegory as the UFC, Pride (which is no more), WEC, StrikeForce or K-1. Besides Affiction is partners with EliteXC now.

The only thing good about Affiction is they have the best pound for pound fighter in the world right now Fedor.

Kimbo Slice is a joke to us real mma fans.

I didn't mean that the orgaization was anything close to the UFC but Affliction does have some quality talent, mainly in the heavyweight division. As for Fedor, you can def. make a solid argument for Anderson Silva (my personal favorite) as the best fighter in the world but to be honest I go back and forth on that issue all the time. I just want Dana White to find a way to open up his pockets and get Fedor in the UFC. :censored:

I didn't mean that the orgaization was anything close to the UFC but Affliction does have some quality talent, mainly in the heavyweight division. As for Fedor, you can def. make a solid argument for Anderson Silva (my personal favorite) as the best fighter in the world but to be honest I go back and forth on that issue all the time. I just want Dana White to find a way to open up his pockets and get Fedor in the UFC. :censored:

Money is not an issue with Dana or Fedor. It's the length of the contract, Fedor wants to fight Randy Coutre but Dana doesn't just want him for that one fight he wants him to sign a contract for 4-5 fights. Fedor wants only that fight in the UFC. If Dana signed Fedor for one fight and he destroyed Randy the way he did to Timma Sylvia it would look bad for the UFC.

As for the best in the world everyone has their opinion. Some say Anderson Silva, Georges St. Pierre (my personal favorite fighter), Penn or Emelianenko Fedor.

The Last Emporer is 29-1 and the 1 was due to a cut by Kohsaka who he beat later in PRIDE.

I honestly want to see him fight Barnett, Couture, Arlovski or Gonzaga. The Barnett fight won't happen though cause they're supposedly good friends.