DirecTV signup information

SDS

We have partnered with DirectSatTV, who is a National retail partner of DIRECTV. They understand the situation that the fans in Buffalo are in and will make every opportunity to get people installed in the Western New York region as fast as possible so not to miss out on Bills games. The NFL Sunday Ticket is still available at a steep discount through October 8th where new customers will get 4 Months Free of DIRECTV’s best television package. All Local Buffalo channels are available including WIVB.

Call (888)409-4384 and set up an appointment. We have spoken to them several times and they seem like a pretty decent outfit. Let us know what your experience is like, if you do decide to utilize their services....

For everyone that signs up through Two Bills Drive, DirectSatTV will send us a referral fee. This will not make the package more expensive for you - it is just free money for the site. This is an excellent way to get the services you were going to order anyway and have another company foot the bill for our server and other operational costs.

We already have a quote for a new, quad-core processor and double the installed RAM. We are currently waiting for more tests to be completed tomorrow during the post game to determine if more processing power or faster disks are needed. We also want to put aside a special "playoff server fund", so that we are prepared to move the board to a new, top of the line server for a month if the Bills made the playoffs.

If a move to DirecTV is in your future, we hope that you will choose to indirectly support TBD, by supporting DirectSatTV as the installer for your new services.

• 2 weeks later...
Home games are in HD on DTV, away games are not. MSG does not broadcast the away games in HD yet on any carrier.

And as stated -- if you're out of the local market, you will need to pay for Center Ice to get the games. The regional sports channels do NOT show actual games except for in the local area - just the pre/post game stuff.

We have partnered with DirectSatTV, who is a National retail partner of DIRECTV. They understand the situation that the fans in Buffalo are in and will make every opportunity to get people installed in the Western New York region as fast as possible so not to miss out on Bills games. The NFL Sunday Ticket is still available at a steep discount through October 8th where new customers will get 4 Months Free of DIRECTV’s best television package. All Local Buffalo channels are available including WIVB.

Call (888)409-4384 and set up an appointment. We have spoken to them several times and they seem like a pretty decent outfit. Let us know what your experience is like, if you do decide to utilize their services....

For everyone that signs up through Two Bills Drive, DirectSatTV will send us a referral fee. This will not make the package more expensive for you - it is just free money for the site. This is an excellent way to get the services you were going to order anyway and have another company foot the bill for our server and other operational costs.

We already have a quote for a new, quad-core processor and double the installed RAM. We are currently waiting for more tests to be completed tomorrow during the post game to determine if more processing power or faster disks are needed. We also want to put aside a special "playoff server fund", so that we are prepared to move the board to a new, top of the line server for a month if the Bills made the playoffs.

If a move to DirecTV is in your future, we hope that you will choose to indirectly support TBD, by supporting DirectSatTV as the installer for your new services.

Due to trees, the only spot they could put the dish was right above my garage which is right in front of my house. That wasn't going to happen, so we had to cancel the order. Now it's just wait for FIOS.... :(

Due to trees, the only spot they could put the dish was right above my garage which is right in front of my house. That wasn't going to happen, so we had to cancel the order. Now it's just wait for FIOS.... :(

Did they actually go onto the roof to confirm that the trees were an issue? Most of the time that's the classic excuse the installers use to skip the "hard" installs. They get paid per install, so the 30 minute ones are better for their bottom line than the 4 hour ones.

Based on your email, I'm guessing you got a lazy one. :lol:

Did they actually go onto the roof to confirm that the trees were an issue? Most of the time that's the classic excuse the installers use to skip the "hard" installs. They get paid per install, so the 30 minute ones are better for their bottom line than the 4 hour ones.

Based on your email, I'm guessing you got a lazy one. :(

Possibly. I have a two tiered roof and I have to believe the signal would clear from the upper tier, but then he would have to run more cable. I guess I could get someone else out to confirm.

I've had DirecTV since the Rigas' nearly caused the Sabres to leave town. It's cheaper, channels are all-digital and I've never had one issue with anything. Hey, cable subscribers - you're missing Bills games. What more incentive to switch do you need?

If you haven't switched, do it today. Plus, it will help the best damn site on the internet.