McGee not going to Arizona

scribo

Tim reports...

It was reported here Monday that McGee would not play because of a sprained left knee, but Bills coach Dick Jauron kept the door open for a possible return.

That door will slam shut when the flight crew seals the cabin on the Bills' charter plane. McGee isn't even making the trip to Arizona, an NFL source told me Friday morning.

Who is hurt worse: Arizona minus Boldin or us minus McGee?

My opinion: them.

kj

Usual disclaimers apply: I don't know what I am talking about, etc. etc.

Totally agree. And perhaps Boldin not playing is a reason why McGee isn't making the flight. No need ot force him when its not absolutely necessary he play. Greer can line up on Fitz and then youboty can easily handle whatever douche plays #2, either steve breaston or doucet.

Yes, and thanks to the internet, it doesn't matter! Al Gore invented the internet so that uninformed opinions (like mine) would have a public home.

kj

Not that I'm busting on you in particular because your thoughts are okay, but I corrected your statement above. Without the internet, a lot of people would be talking to their pets and parents instead of polluting unsuspecting individuals' ears. Gotta take the good with the "targeted to be ignored".

I really do not believe the loss of McGee is a HUGE loss. I think Greer is by far our best cover corner. McGee tends to play off the receiver more than Greer, and I dont see why McKelvin cant step in there and do a decent job. I'd have to say that the loss of Boldin far outweighs the loss of McGee.

Thanks for posting this, scribo. By the time the link hit my PM inbox, I was already on my way out of town.

By the way, it's WARM out here ... think I'll be glad they have a dome by 1 p.m. Sunday.

The McGee loss is not critical, but it's not ideal either. I bet Whisenhunt will trot out some 3-wide sets, forcing Youboty to nickel and McKelvin to match up outside. It'll be a test, but Youboty is up to it. The question is: is McKelvin up to it. If his big time hit/FF last week is any indication, he'll be alright. He'll be tested and Kurt will throw at him a lot. I expect the Cards to look and get Fitz matched up against Youboty and McKelvin. Whitner over the top poviding help is a must. We have to double Fitz. Their run game poses little threat. I'll be watching our CBs closely.