The Bills are putting themselves in a bad position

ieatcrayonz

Dude!

Please re-read the original post. It is a given that there will be a tie. So we might as well have a lot of AFC wins. I'm not saying the Bills should try to lose. I am saying that the real fans will root for them to lose to NFC teams. The tie braker rules may be stupid if they force fans to root aginst their own team, but they are the rules.

I would rather have the Bills in the playoffs and root for them in week 18 or week 19 than be happy about a win in week 5.

Okay, I'm going to assume you're actually being serious here. You're saying real fans should want their teams to lose to NFC teams so that in the event of a tie breaker their conference record will be better. The first major flaw in that is that those two things have nothing to do with each other. The second major flaw is that at the end of the year, Buffalo wouldn't be in a tie with that hypothetical team if they had won their NFC game instead of lost it, since they'd have a better record overall.

Dude!

Please re-read the original post. It is a given that there will be a tie. So we might as well have a lot of AFC wins. I'm not saying the Bills should try to lose. I am saying that the real fans will root for them to lose to NFC teams. The tie braker rules may be stupid if they force fans to root aginst their own team, but they are the rules.

I would rather have the Bills in the playoffs and root for them in week 18 or week 19 than be happy about a win in week 5.

there is no way you can tell there will be a tie with less than 4 weeks of football. there is no way losing will guarenttee a win. What if we win the same amount of games in every catagory as new england but they win one nfc game more than us? then we are going to really hate losing that game, aren't we? you see, there is NO WAY you can be for sure how many games you win, so you take as many as you can, no matter what they are.

if we lost the game today, you cant say that means we will beat an afc team just because we lost today. that is stupid.

You're saying real fans should lose to NFC teams so that in the event of a tie breaker their conference record will be better.

I could be wrong, but I think he's saying that actual real NFL teams in the AFC would be better losing to NFC teams.

Although some fans got out of hand at today's game and they did lose to St Louis fans.

Dude!

Mr Crayonz, your just not making any sense. Losing to an NFC team does not garantee you will beat an AFC team. I think what your saying is if they are going to lose it would be better that they lose to an NFC team. Well duh. But wouldn't it be a better strategy to avoid the tie breaker altogether by winning. You just want as few L's in the loss column as possible period!!

It sure is nice being 4-0 but this is the NFL. Parity is reality and no team is easy to beat. It is almost inevitable that there will be several ties for playoff positions.

The Bills are in a really bad position on tie breakers already. They are 2-0 against NFC opponents and will probably beat San Fran when they play them. That puts them at 3-0. This means if they win next week, they will end up losing just about any tie-breaking scenario as the NFC games count less. They might do ok within the division but if they are tied for a wild card they are in big trouble. This sounds weird, but if you want the Bills to make the playoffs, you should root for them to lose next week.

Thank God the REAL crayonz is back. I was worried when someone posted under that name, last week, and actually made sense. Probably some damn Canadian who had a smart hamster to work the computer for him.

Okay, I'm going to assume you're actually being serious here. You're saying real fans should want their teams to lose to NFC teams so that in the event of a tie breaker their conference record will be better. The first major flaw in that is that those two things have nothing to do with each other. The second major flaw is that at the end of the year, Buffalo wouldn't be in a tie with that hypothetical team if they had won their NFC game instead of lost it, since they'd have a better record overall.

Dude. My original post uses the word inevitable. Please look it up if you don't understand it.

Then why did they beat Minnesota today?

The Titans still have the opportunity to be 1-3 vs the NFC. If the Bills win the next week, the best they can finish against the NFC is 3-1, which loses us the tie breaker against Tennessee.

Then why did they beat Minnesota today?

It's just one game. To be in the best overall poition they should be 2-2 against the NFC. This strikes the proper balance between wins and tie-breaker edge.

Right now, the Bills are in a tough spot. They are 2-0 so could end up 2-2 but having a home game against a relatively weak team like SF makes it unlikely.

It's just one game. To be in the best overall poition they should be 2-2 against the NFC. This strikes the proper balance between wins and tie-breaker edge.

Right now, the Bills are in a tough spot. They are 2-0 so could end up 2-2 but having a home game against a relatively weak team like SF makes it unlikely.

Yeah, plus if you have to try between one of the two remaining NFC games, mine as well be the one at home.

Dude you are really cracking me up.