Dan Patrick's Prediction

Ask Dan Patrick about the time a couple of years ago he was drunk out of his mind and he staggered onto the stage of the Orpheum Theater in Boston and started hanging all over Hootie and the Blowfish while they were playing, and their roadies had to pull him off the stage?

PTR

I was driving from San Francisco to San Jose this afternoon (Friday, 9/26, 2pm PST) and heard Dan Patrick's radio show on Sporting News Radio which is picked up by KNBR 1050 in San Fran.

He's predicting that the Rams are going to beat the Bills this Sunday. As much as I believe in this team I'm always paranoid the Bills will mess up so I hope his prediction ends up on the Bills' locker room bulletin board.

Simply fishing for upset specials. He also mentioned Raiders over SD and Texans over JVille. Pandering to the betting audience.

There are lots of people picking the rams for this one. Seems like a logical trap game - they're 0-3, we're 3-0, turmoil for them, we're just cruising. I get it, sort of. I still say we're focused and win this one big, Bills by 14+...

I don't buy into that "trap game" b.s. Good teams beat bad teams 99% of the time, esp. SB teams.

This game reminds me of that game back in the very late '80s or early '90s when Steve Grogan came off the bench to replace Tony Eason in New England. The Bills knew Grogan (who'd had neck surgery, I believe) was one hit away from spending his retirement in a wheelchair, so whenever they got close to him they basically gently picked him up and laid him on the ground.

I am really not sure our guys are going to be inclined to be so kind to Trent "The Human Concussion" Green.

And if Dan Patrick and Peter King are picking against the Bills, my reaction is: how much can I bet on this game and how soon?

Seriously though, the best reason I see for concern is that Trent Green had great success in Kansas City when his O.C. was Al Saunders who is now O.C. for the Rams. He probably knows the system in his sleep. Bulger on the other hand is 3 games into a new system which would explain why he's played so poorly. It's not hard to imagine that the QB play will be improved.

On the other hand, it looks like there's a bit of a player's revolt going on down there and it's hard to believe that the team is going to come up with a big effort to save a coach's ass when it seems like they don't like that coach.

Guess I was being a bit paranoid, and sensitive.

Should be similar to what happened in Washington when Collins took over for Campbell under Saunders. All of a sudden the offense became competent. The question is how long Green will be in there and how much he will help the offense.

The players will perk up if they are playing well enough to be in the game.

Hopefully we'll cram the ball down their throat, win time of possesion and send them back to St L with another L. Seems like it's been a long time since I've thought the offense can drive the win instead of hoping the defense needs to lead the way. It's kind of nice.

Ask Dan Patrick about the time a couple of years ago he was drunk out of his mind and he staggered onto the stage of the Orpheum Theater in Boston and started hanging all over Hootie and the Blowfish while they were playing, and their roadies had to pull him off the stage?

PTR

Hootie and the Blowfish? Now I really know the guys a putz.