It's really remarkable

eball

Trent Edwards, commenting on the Oakland win in this article:

“We could have just said it’s not our day and took it on the chin and gone back to the locker room. But I think that it goes back to our head coach that I feel is one of the best in the business. I want to win for my teammates, but moreso I want to win for my head coach ... it’s just a pleasure to be a player under him.”

Damn, Trent, you already have the job...

Really, it is great to see the coach is producing that kind of loyalty from his players. This should help in retaining talent as well as attracting it in future off-seasons, not to look past the already special season we're in right now.

I dig that player's like Trent feel that way, but Trent wasn't really talking about Jauron as a good football coach as he was about Jauron as a man, and as a coach how he treats players not coaches games. So fans are not going to add much of their like for him as a guy as a player would, the fans just care more about whether he wins games and makes decisions on the field. The players love Jauron for how he treats them as men and respects them and doesnt belittle them or throw them under the bus to the press. It's great if you are good, and you win, because you would go through a wall for your coach. It's not so good when you lose and the guy you love isn't pulling the right strings. Jauron is doing a pretty good job right now.

And, the troops really loved Gen. George B. McClellan.

If Jauron can lead this team to the playoffs and win some playoff games (yes, we should be counting those chickens already) and turn around and maintain that momentum and continue to improve the team over the next several years, then maybe he'll have turned the corner from a career losing also-ran head coach to a head coach that can be successful over time in the NFL. (And then we don't have to pretend he's the next Bill Belichick but can know that he has what it takes to be a winner.)

If he turns the Bills back into a winner, is it ok to assume he had some input into that process or will he still be nothing more than a stuffed sweat suit lashed to a cart that goes wherever the wild horses take it? :thumbsup:

FIRE JAURON

FIRE FAIRCHILD.

No one has ever questioned the players' loyalty to Jauron. Its common knowledge he's a players' favorite.

But til he gets this team to the playoffs (and 3-0 isn't the playoffs), he's still in my bad books. Particularly because of his inability to see the horrendousness of Fairchild and to continue to go with him week after week.

If he didn't leave on his own accord, how many of you believe Jauron would have relieved him? I think his loyalty to his staff would have stopped him. My opinion though....

If he turns the Bills back into a winner, is it ok to assume he had some input into that process or will he still be nothing more than a stuffed sweat suit lashed to a cart that goes wherever the wild horses take it? :thumbsup:

You could leave out the 'stuffed' part, but what you're saying makes sense. You can't assume anything these days.

I dig that player's like Trent feel that way, but Trent wasn't really talking about Jauron as a good football coach as he was about Jauron as a man, and as a coach how he treats players not coaches games. So fans are not going to add much of their like for him as a guy as a player would, the fans just care more about whether he wins games and makes decisions on the field. The players love Jauron for how he treats them as men and respects them and doesnt belittle them or throw them under the bus to the press. It's great if you are good, and you win, because you would go through a wall for your coach. It's not so good when you lose and the guy you love isn't pulling the right strings. Jauron is doing a pretty good job right now.

Perfect post K Man. It was also pointed out to me on Sunday that there really might be a chance for coaches like Wade and Jauron to sneak in there and win it all. Think about it:

Parcells isn't coaching.

Gibbs isn't coaching.

Marty isn't coaching.

Cowher isn't coaching.

Holgrem is about to quit.

Reid has extremely serious family issues.

Dennis Green isn't coaching.

How many truly prominent coaches are out there right now? Dungy, Coughlin (yes, he was a fine coach before the SB), Jeff Fischer, Bellichick, and I guess Gruden? Who am I missing? :thumbsup:

You could leave out the 'stuffed' part, but what you're saying makes sense. You can't assume anything these days.

Well, just jabbing a sharp stick in the eye of those that want to portray the "facts" as Jauron is innately a successful NFL head coach and whatever unsuccessful moments (and there may have been a few) he has been associated with were due to malevolent dark external forces trying to bring him down. :thumbsup:

Well, just jabbing a sharp stick in the eye of those that want to portray the "facts" as Jauron is innately a successful NFL head coach and whatever unsuccessful moments (and there may have been a few) he has been associated with were due to malevolent dark external forces trying to bring him down. :devil:

You lost me at 'stick'.

Well, just jabbing a sharp stick in the eye of those that want to portray the "facts" as Jauron is innately a successful NFL head coach and whatever unsuccessful moments (and there may have been a few) he has been associated with were due to malevolent dark external forces trying to bring him down. :devil:

Or, due to a group of QBs who can't play and Jauron's admitted failures at hiring the right OC. To be fair, however, even the right OC can't make chicken salad out of chicken poop.

Perfect post K Man. It was also pointed out to me on Sunday that there really might be a chance for coaches like Wade and Jauron to sneak in there and win it all. Think about it:

Parcells isn't coaching.

Gibbs isn't coaching.

Marty isn't coaching.

Cowher isn't coaching.

How many truly prominent coaches are out there right now? Dungy, Coughlin (yes, he was a fine coach before the SB), Jeff Fischer, Bellichick, and I guess Gruden? Who am I missing? :devil:

Shanahan

Parcells isn't coaching.

Gibbs isn't coaching.

Marty isn't coaching.

Cowher isn't coaching.

How many truly prominent coaches are out there right now? Dungy, Coughlin (yes, he was a fine coach before the SB), Jeff Fischer, Bellichick, and I guess Gruden? Who am I missing? :huh:

Well, Bill, at least you didn't trot out the "a coach nobody wanted, hired by a GM nobody wanted" line for the umpteenth time. Congrats for that. :devil: