My Meaningless Opinion

R. Rich

We're 3-0??? Really??? Really???

Jason Peters didn't look very sharp once again, but neither did any other O lineman. The run blocking still isn't quite there. I still wonder why this team doesn't do more straight ahead drive blocking w/ the size of their line. Ah well, smarter men than I devise these schemes. I'll trust 'em to know the deal.

What a run by Marshawn on the first TD. The guy is all heart.

Trent Edwards shook off a not so stellar start to really make the difference down the stretch. I like the progress he seems to be making. He's not a finished product yet, but you have to be encouraged by the development. Okay, you don't have to.......but you'd better.

For future reference: a play is over once the player scores by crossing the goal line. That's it. Done. No more. Thanks for playing.

Posluszny had a much better performance in coverage than in the first game. I like his intensity and his hustle. Where did he play his college ball? Hmm....

The Raiders obviously made a point to stress special teams for this game. Well, it worked fairly well for them. Their special teams were very good. Lechler looked like the guy who has been punting in the wind tunnel known as RICH Stadium for a decade. The guy was clutch. Our return men were held in check for the most part also due to Lechler's punting. Since I'll be in attendance next week, here's to hoping the Bills' special teams get back to business.

Lee Evans, you want a nice hefty contract? Show up.

Back to Edwards. For a guy who doesn't have much of an arm, he sure has made some very nice throws on the too few occasions where the offense challenges opposing defenses down the field.

Bottom line: we dominated in Week 1, found a way to win in adverse conditions (on the road, good team, blistering heat) in Week 2, and overcame a lackluster performance @ home to get another win in Week 3. In situations that many (myself included) probably would've just chalked up another heartbreaking Bills loss, they are getting it done. That is very encouraging. There's still plenty of things to work on, but I am still very thrilled @ the direction this team is heading in. I know it's very early, but the indicator is that this team certainly isn't the "same old Bills". Thank goodness.

GO BILLS!

For future reference: a play is over once the player scores by crossing the goal line. That's it. Done. No more. Thanks for playing.

Disagree completely. You do not let someone come into your house and insult you like that. You smack them in the mouth. Donte's tackle wasnt cheap and it sent a very good message to the rest of the team and to the raiders. You don't come into our house and try some bull sh--. I aint saying to make it a habit, but there are times when things need to be done, and yesterday was one of them.

Posluszny had a much better performance in coverage than in the first game. I like his intensity and his hustle. Where did he play his college ball? Hmm....

Pitt? :w00t:

Good post RRich, and yup, it's nice to be genuinely optimistic about them winning - even when down late in a game. Hopefully they'll keep it going.

Disagree completely. You do not let someone come into your house and insult you like that. You smack them in the mouth. Donte's tackle wasnt cheap and it sent a very good message to the rest of the team and to the raiders. You don't come into our house and try some bull sh--. I aint saying to make it a habit, but there are times when things need to be done, and yesterday was one of them.

It's not a gang fight, it's a professional football game. A wise man once said, "don't be dumb, don't be dirty". Whitner covered all bases with that move. He should just be glad it didn't cost the Bills the game or you and everyone else praising him today would be tearing him a new a-hole.

It's not a gang fight, it's a professional football game. A wise man once said, "don't be dumb, don't be dirty". Whitner covered all bases with that move. He should just be glad it didn't cost the Bills the game or you and everyone else praising him today would be tearing him a new a-hole.

Hard to argue against Marv, but sometimes you have to send a message and sometimes you have to put the other team off guard. This time, it was a message sender. I don't consider it particularly dirty, as there was no intent to injure, it was a basic tackle from behind. I'm sure he expected to get the penelty and decided it was worth it. As the on field leader of this D, I will trust his judgment as long his judgment continues to be sound. I'm not saying this hit made the difference in the game, but I will say it seemed to do no harm, and actually stir up the crowd and the troups.

All last year, I was a proponent of hitting Brady, hard...and late, very early in the game. By late, I mean one or two seconds after the whistle. Nothing dirty, nothing that could be construed as intent to injure. Just something to put him off guard, to make him question if he was "safe"...even after the whistle. Take the penalty (and, if necessary the ejection).

Sometimes you gotta do, what you gotta do. Of course, I'm Sicilian, so maybe that explains things, a little.

We're 3-0??? Really??? Really???

Jason Peters didn't look very sharp once again, but neither did any other O lineman. The run blocking still isn't quite there. I still wonder why this team doesn't do more straight ahead drive blocking w/ the size of their line. Ah well, smarter men than I devise these schemes. I'll trust 'em to know the deal.

What a run by Marshawn on the first TD. The guy is all heart.

Trent Edwards shook off a not so stellar start to really make the difference down the stretch. I like the progress he seems to be making. He's not a finished product yet, but you have to be encouraged by the development. Okay, you don't have to.......but you'd better.

The Raiders obviously made a point to stress special teams for this game. Well, it worked fairly well for them. Their special teams were very good. Lechler looked like the guy who has been punting in the wind tunnel known as RICH Stadium for a decade. The guy was clutch. Our return men were held in check for the most part also due to Lechler's punting. Since I'll be in attendance next week, here's to hoping the Bills' special teams get back to business.

Lee Evans, you want a nice hefty contract? Show up.

Back to Edwards. For a guy who doesn't have much of an arm, he sure has made some very nice throws on the too few occasions where the offense challenges opposing defenses down the field.

Bottom line: we dominated in Week 1, found a way to win in adverse conditions (on the road, good team, blistering heat) in Week 2, and overcame a lackluster performance @ home to get another win in Week 3. In situations that many (myself included) probably would've just chalked up another heartbreaking Bills loss, they are getting it done. That is very encouraging. There's still plenty of things to work on, but I am still very thrilled @ the direction this team is heading in. I know it's very early, but the indicator is that this team certainly isn't the "same old Bills". Thank goodness.

GO BILLS!

Umm, Well said!

A couple of things....

How about that TD that went halfway into the end zone at the end? Now THAT WAS BLOCKING FOR THE RUN.

Second....keep in mind folks...it is this time of the year that you WANT your team to get better each and every week....teams that peak early tend to fade at the end in my opinion......and we are in no danger of that.