Was the reffing as bad as I thought......

AnthonyF

On that INT with Evans and Hall........Evans never really had total control of the ball and the ball never touched the ground. I think it was the right call. Evans had a poor game today. 2 turnovers, and that offensive pass interference.

the PI call was bogus, though.

Nah I didnt think so......I had clear view of it, Evans pushed off. He didnt really need to either, but he clearly pushed off. May not have been hard, but he did get some seperation from the defender.

It was pretty clear on the replay, I thought. No push off that I could see. He slapped away a hand-check by the DB. There was almost no contact, at all between the two.

I wonder if there is a clip of it somewhere?

Dean, I was at the game play happen right in front of me. Evans pushed off. Replay didnt cleary show the entire play with him. Evans had his hand on the defender and proceeded to extend his arm to create seperation. As soon as he did it I said thats offensive pass interference and that was before the ref threw the flag.

Dean, I was at the game play happen right in front of me. Evans pushed off. Replay didnt cleary show the entire play with him. Evans had his hand on the defender and proceeded to extend his arm to create seperation. As soon as he did it I said thats offensive pass interference and that was before the ref threw the flag.

I thought the replay showed the entire route. I will have to check to see if it is out there...but not right now.

I thought the replay showed the entire route. I will have to check to see if it is out there...but not right now.

Yes it showed the whole play. It was ticky tack at best. Was not a call that had to be made. The int Evans had, was down and everyone in the booth thought it should be overturned. Not huge, but those two calls were key calls.

On that INT with Evans and Hall........Evans never really had total control of the ball and the ball never touched the ground. I think it was the right call. Evans had a poor game today. 2 turnovers, and that offensive pass interference.

Then it would have been an incomplete pass, since Evans was down by contact wasnt he? It was ruled a fumble, for it to be a fumble Evans would have needed to have control of the ball.

Sorry, but you being at the game means your opinion should count less, not more. I'll take the opinion of the guy who saw it in slow motion in high definition from three angles every time. Having been that guy, I can say with absolute certainty that the PI call was horrible. Evans basically swatted the DBs hands away from his face. Very little contact, no push at all. BAD CALL.

or am I a homer??? Bad call on the interception, ticky tack offensive pass interference and not a single penalt of consequence against Oakland (holding....). I saw a few holds I thought...

Not a single "hometown" call to boot....

A taunting call to offset unnecessary roughness? An ejection on the FIRST personal foul? I think a couple of calls went our way.

the refs were horrible for both teams.

but for the first time in a LOOONG time, the Bills have a team that can overcome the bad calls. ive been so sick of saying over and over "yeah, that one call really killed us, but we shouldnt have been in the position to be killed by one call in the first place"

now, we finally have the ability to say "let the refs call whatever they want, we'll still find a way to win"

Guest dog14787
Then it would have been an incomplete pass, since Evans was down by contact wasnt he? It was ruled a fumble, for it to be a fumble Evans would have needed to have control of the ball.

Well, the ball never hit the ground, so you can't call it incomplete, as much as I hate to say it, I think the call was probably correct.

On the PI, I'm with Deano on that one, it was really a nit picky call, looked incidental to me. :flirt: