Jon Ritchie says Edwards is the next Brady/Manning

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dog14787
Edwards reminds me more of Ben Rothlesberger than Brady or Manning.

Asked to handle the game early in his career, not win them. Doesn't make the big mistake. Evolved into a pro bowl QB after 3-4 years.

hmmm, Big Ben's sure not the smartest QB around, I think what makes Big Ben is his size, strength and athletic ability.

TE to me seems allot smarter than Big Ben which is a good thing, I don't mean to cut big ben down if your a fan of his, he gets results much like Jim Kelly did.

I live in PA so I have to put up with hearing about him all the time.

I love it when the Bills are on the road because WSEE out of Erie, PA is forced to show Buffalo over the Steelers. It always puts a big smile on my face, the truth is though, we have allot of fans here.

I think I saw him, but missed that part. I saw a guy answer a question like "Which 2-0 team is overrated?" or something to that effect. He said, "Tennessee" because they beat an injured Jag team and Cincy. I thought for sure he was going to mention the Bills THEN.

Was that the same interview? If so, he must have done the Bills before I changed the channel.

Yeah same interview. The Bills question came a bit after that, I believe.

Something I forgot to mention before, he also said he doesn't like the Patsterisks without Brady*. He said that playing the dink and dunk game with Cassel against NYJ showed that they don't have the confidence in him to let him run the normal offense, and once teams see that on film and adjust accordingly, teams will cheat up to take that away, and he'll be unable to make plays downfield. Said that unlike Brady* when he first came in, Cassel's "head will be swimming," and he'll falter.

We'll see. Lets hope Jon Ritchie is a genius.

I don't know why but the Bills getting accolades right now makes me nervous. I think it's too early to start anointing them the next big thing after two games. However, I do see a lot in TE that leads me to believe he will be a great QB. For a player in his second year he's playing way above what could be expected of a second year player. The pass to Lee on Sunday was a thing of beauty and couldn't possibly have been any more pinpoint. He reads defenses well and has a quick release. If he keeps improving throughout the year the way I believe he will then he will be a great QB at the end of the year and franchise QB next year.

ESPN First Take had former Eagles and Raiders FB Jon Ritchie on just now. They asked him who out of the surprise 2-0 teams we should really look out for. If I didn't know any better, I'd say the guy got positively giddy, and he almost cut off the anchor and said, "I. Love. The Bills."

In addition to whats in the title, he also said he thinks Lynch will have a monster year even though his stats are nothing special so far, and that Peters being back in the fold should help him. Said the big guys up front love blocking for Lynch. Ritchie said he loves the defense and that they'll create plenty of turnovers. Said this is a team that has "everything going on right now."

WRT Edwards, he joked he may be a bit biased being a Stanford guy, but that Edwards diagnoses defenses "like nobody's business." The anchor was surprised when he said Edwards will be the next Tom Brady or Peyton Manning, but Ritchie nodded and repeated himself with conviction.

Think I remembered most of it...just thought I'd pass it along. No matter what some of you say, I think its nice to hear stuff like this about your team once in awhile. Go Bills!

Yea

I see Trent progressing nicely. One thing you can't teach is smarts. Trent is a smart kid who doesn't make bad decisions with the ball. That was J.P.'s downfall, great arm but not too bright. I think the kid is something special and I look forward to watching him mature to a first rate quarterback.

I was thinking about starting to consider entertaining some feelings of enthusiasm about this, but I know how strictly regulated it is. I'm working on the official Enthusiasm Request Form right now, with all the relevant back-up information. I was just wondering if anyone here would help me out with a Letter of Recommendation. Somebody with six blue squares under their avatar would be awesome!

:unsure: :unsure:

Your Youtube link does not work.

No! Fix it, Voice! :(