Jon Ritchie says Edwards is the next Brady/Manning

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder, if Trent starts looking like Peyton Manning week in and week out against all competition, how long is Turk Schonert going to stay in Buffalo?

according to the people here, trent is going to be better than peyton manning and tom brady. So the question isn't if he trent starts looking like peyton/brady, the question is how long is turk going to stay...

Just my 2 cents... I think Edwards is going to be a hell of a lot better than Delhomme/Hasselbeck. I have nothing against those guys, and they are among the upper tier in the league, but Edwards is truly something special. The guy was flat out doing surgery out there Sunday. For nearly a decade we've sat and watched our team through many a frustrating loss, where we'd almost get to the QB... only to have him deliver a KO punch. We finally have THAT guy. Trent is that guy... when Jax was up 16-10 and needed to stop a 3rd and long... they ALMOST got to Trent... only to have him step to the side and connect with Evans 30 yds. down field. And you know what? For the first time since Kelly retired, I had no doubt whatsoever that we were going to get that first down and punch it in the end zone and win that game. I don't know what it is about this guy, but he definitely has IT. It took a long time to find the guy, but I think we not only found the guy... I think we've stumbled upon another GREAT QB. Flame away, but I maintain my position on this... Trent is going to be a great one, and we're watching it unfold before our eyes.

Excellent points, Cotton! I think when you combine this kid's intelligence with his football instincts, we are truly viewing our franchise QB. He seems to examine his own weaknesses and does everything to overcome them. For example, the knock on him was that he was oft injured, so he goes into the offseason and adds what? 15 lbs of muscle onto his frame. He was also quoted as saying that last year he felt that he took too many sacks (not placing any blame on his o-line, which the big men respect him for) and that he needs to help his line out by being more mobile while inside the pocket, which we witnessed in the TD to Royal against Seattle and again last week in the big pass to Lee. Absolutely love this guy! When he learns to adapt to passing in the bad weather, I truly BILLieve that this kid will be unstoppable! :(

Excellent points, Cotton! I think when you combine this kid's intelligence with his football instincts, we are truly viewing our franchise QB. He seems to examine his own weaknesses and does everything to overcome them.

Agree with both of you...and don't forget that he went to see Lee in the off-season and spent a few days throwing to him, even wearing that JP Losman mask to make Evans feel more comfortable.

Ok, well maybe not the part about the mask...

Agree with both of you...and don't forget that he went to see Lee in the off-season and spent a few days throwing to him, even wearing that JP Losman mask to make Evans feel more comfortable.

Ok, well maybe not the part about the mask...

And just where did Edwards meet with Lee Evans? That's right. A place all sunny and warm with PERFECT weather. If Edwards was really serious about being a good QB, he'd have insisted on practicing with Evans in Antarctica.

GO BILLS!!!

I have to say, I was down on Royal when he first joined the team (for various reasons). But, I think it's becoming clear that, part (a big part, actually) of the reason he wasn't a big contributor to the Bills' offense, the past two years, is because Fairchild was a clueless OC who didn't know how to use a TE (or a RB) in the passing game. I'm starting to thing Royal is a "real" TE. He's a good blocker, and has shown he can be valuable in the passing game, when actually used.

Now, I agree that the team could use an upgrade at TE (and several other positions on the team), but Royal is a very serviceable TE.

I also agree that hopefully, as the year progresses, Hardy will see more time as a WR. Eventually, I expect him to become a true #2 WR, but probably not this year, and maybe not next, either. You can call Reed a #2, but I don't think the Bills really use their receivers, that way. As Hardy sees more time, Josh may see a LITTLE less, but I don't think Hardy necessarily comes out at Reed's expense. That is, I think Reed will still see a lot of PT, Hardy or no Hardy, as he does things Hardy can't do now, and may never do.

I'd put Reed and Royal into the same general category: below-average but still serviceable players who, this year, are being made to look better than they are due to being in the right system, and because of good quarterback play. That said, I agree that both players are useful in their respective roles. A year from now I could envision this team using a lot of 3 WR sets with Evans, Hardy, and Reed.

I'd put Reed and Royal into the same general category: below-average but still serviceable players who, this year, are being made to look better than they are due to being in the right system, and because of good quarterback play. That said, I agree that both players are useful in their respective roles. A year from now I could envision this team using a lot of 3 WR sets with Evans, Hardy, and Reed.

I think the team will use a lot of three WR sets this year, and sometimes it will be those three.

Reed is, IMO, an above average WR who (like most all of the players on the Bills O) has been held back by the futile offense this team has run, changes in QB, etc. Reed, has NEVER been in the right system, for him. In fact, the idea that the system the past couple of years has made any offensive player look better than they are is laughable, IMO.

I saw it too, and was almost expecting us to get looked over. The best part is that Ritchie actually believes that. He's not reading the latest Dallas news off of a script like most of their other football segments.

While I don't agree that Trent will be like Manning/Brady*, I could see him turning out to be in the Hasselback/Delhomme mold.

could you explain your reasons why you would compare him to the second tier QB's you mentioned?

could you explain your reasons why you would compare him to the second tier QB's you mentioned?

Well, Brady* and Manning are first ballet HOF players. To say that Trent is going to turn out to be better than them after 11 starts is asanine.

Hasselback and Delhomme may be second tier QB's in your eyes, but not in mine. I would rank them in the top 5-7 in the league. Trent has the smarts and accuracy to be a very good QB, I just don't see him being a HOFer. I think he ends up going to 2-3 pro-bowls, and taking us to the playoffs 4-5 times. Not bad considering what we've had since Jimbo retired.

If you want specific reasons why I don't think he ends up a HOF QB, there isn't any specific thing I can say that I don't like about him. I just don't see him turning into an all time great. Take it for what it's worth, I'm just some average joe posting on a message board. I'de love to be wrong, and I'll be the first to sing his praises if I am.

Well, Brady* and Manning are first ballet HOF players. To say that Trent is going to turn out to be better than them after 11 starts is asanine.

Hasselback and Delhomme may be second tier QB's in your eyes, but not in mine. I would rank them in the top 5-7 in the league. Trent has the smarts and accuracy to be a very good QB, I just don't see him being a HOFer. I think he ends up going to 2-3 pro-bowls, and taking us to the playoffs 4-5 times. Not bad considering what we've had since Jimbo retired.

If you want specific reasons why I don't think he ends up a HOF QB, there isn't any specific thing I can say that I don't like about him. I just don't see him turning into an all time great. Take it for what it's worth, I'm just some average joe posting on a message board. I'de love to be wrong, and I'll be the first to sing his praises if I am.

I think TE has all the makings of being a top flight QB. Time will tell if he evolves into a HOF QB. A few days ago I turned on ESPN on XMRadio channel 140 and TE was being interviewed. I just caught the last 15 seconds. Did anybody else hear that interview?

I believe oak tree may have thought you were comparing TE to those other QB's stylistically. I agree it's fine to hope for all-time greatness from Trent, but it is senseless to EXPECT it, at this point in his career.

I think the team will use a lot of three WR sets this year, and sometimes it will be those three.

Reed is, IMO, an above average WR who (like most all of the players on the Bills O) has been held back by the futile offense this team has run, changes in QB, etc. Reed, has NEVER been in the right system, for him. In fact, the idea that the system the past couple of years has made any offensive player look better than they are is laughable, IMO.

If Reed has never been in a good system doesn't that tell you that Reed isn't that good? I've never seen him get consistent separation to be open if he was good and he's just too slow in the NFL to be considered above-average without the height to make up for this fact. Add the fact that he suffered from dropsies for the first couple of years it let's me know it's not a conspiracy against Reed, he's just not that good. He's a below average #2 and an ok #3.

Hasselback and Delhomme may be second tier QB's in your eyes, but not in mine. I would rank them in the top 5-7 in the league.

I wouldn't put either of them that high, except MAYBE Hasselbeck. I like Brady/Peyton/Favre/Romo/McNabb/Roethlisberger all better than either of those guys, easily.

Lionel Ritchie just wrote a song about TE.

Know it sounds funny, but I just can’t stand the Pats*

Girl, I'll be a Bills fan tomorrow

Seems to me, girl, you know I’ve done all I can

Made excuses for their dirty cheating, yeah, ooh...

That’s why I’m easy

I’m easy like Trent on a Sunday morning

That’s why I’m easy

I’m easy like Tent on a Sunday morning

Why in the world would anybody rag on him, yeah

He's paid his dues to make it

Everybody wants him to be what they want him to be

I’m not happy when Brady has to fake it, no, ooh...

That’s why I’m easy, yeah

That’s why I’m easy

I want the bills to be high, so high

I wanna be free to know the Bills are right

I wanna be a fan

Oh man, whoa, oh, Go Bills

Ooh

That’s why I’m easy

I’m easy like Trent on a Sunday morning, yeah

That’s why I’m easy