Ofcourse the Bills game not on CBS in Albany NY

Billzyear

well thank God my friend had DTV I brought the Supercast off of em so I can watch all the games on my 32inch HDTV. But many of my fellow Bills fans do not have that setup. So they will have to find a sports bar. The Giants game vs the "Bungals" will be televised on CBS at 1pm Sunday. Cry me a River. They are usually on FOX but since they are playing a AFC team at home its on CBS. Any thoughts.....I can see if the "Jints" were playing same time as us but now the Giants too man Bills fans always lose out...... :thumbsup:

Let's face it. Oakland/Bills is a pretty dud matchup. (Not that Giants/Bungles is much better.) What struck me is Little Rock, AR. Why do they get the game?

PTR

I would imagine since Arkansas does not have a team, all the razorback fans would like to watch McFadden...

I know, I know. I tend to always root against the cable company, but doesn't Ch. 4 have a lot to lose if they're not on Time Warner?

I don't know all the issues in this, so it may, or may not, be TW's fault, in this instance. (You know my bias, though.)

Of course this will hurt Ch 4, should they not allow TW to carry them. Obviously, they think having the AFC games puts them in a position of strength, and that the threat of TW subscribers losing the ability to see da Billsss will put massive pressure on TW to make a deal. It likely will hurt TW, too, should the station actually go off its lineup. Mutually assured destruction...except they will all still make plenty of money, and live.

My guess is Lin is asking for unreasonably high compensation and TW is offering unreasonably low compensation.

I am complaining because the Giants are on CBS and not on FOX like usual but I know broadcasting rules...blah blah

Albany is Giants country. I've been here over 20 years & I never expect the Bills to be shown when the Giants are on the same network & time.

You can go to a bar, or go to the game. If not, you still have 103.9 FM. Or you can try the internet feed that the guy who posts on the Zone provides.

well thank God my friend had DTV I brought the Supercast off of em so I can watch all the games on my 32inch HDTV. But many of my fellow Bills fans do not have that setup. So they will have to find a sports bar. The Giants game vs the "Bungals" will be televised on CBS at 1pm Sunday. Cry me a River. They are usually on FOX but since they are playing a AFC team at home its on CBS. Any thoughts.....I can see if the "Jints" were playing same time as us but now the Giants too man Bills fans always lose out...... :pirate:

Yep, when I looked at the complete schedule earlier. this I listed as a no-chance-for-the-Bills week. They have to show the Giants or risk having the station burnt down.

Yep, when I looked at the complete schedule earlier. this I listed as a no-chance-for-the-Bills week. They have to show the Giants or risk having the station burnt down.

I think it's one of those funky NFL broadcasting rules. WBNG in Binghamton has to show the Giants game, too. :pirate: the NFL.

I'll be at the game, anyway.

I don't know all the issues in this, so it may, or may not, be TW's fault, in this instance. (You know my bias, though.)

Of course this will hurt Ch 4, should they not allow TW to carry them. Obviously, they think having the AFC games puts them in a position of strength, and that the threat of TW subscribers losing the ability to see da Billsss will put massive pressure on TW to make a deal. It likely will hurt TW, too, should the station actually go off its lineup. Mutually assured destruction...except they will all still make plenty of money, and live.

My guess is Lin is asking for unreasonably high compensation and TW is offering unreasonably low compensation.

Just like any other contract negotiation, then. Let's hope they eventually meet in the middle.

(Of course, it won't affect me, since I don't have TWC. My cable company is the last remaining holdout of the Rigas empire ...)

Would you expect anything less from CBS 6. After seeing the comments from their GM in response to their originally not airing the Bills/Jax game, I would expect this. :pirate:

I'm going to the game so I won't be making any calls or nasty e-mail's this time......

GO BILLS!

well thank God my friend had DTV I brought the Supercast off of em so I can watch all the games on my 32inch HDTV. But many of my fellow Bills fans do not have that setup. So they will have to find a sports bar. The Giants game vs the "Bungals" will be televised on CBS at 1pm Sunday. Cry me a River. They are usually on FOX but since they are playing a AFC team at home its on CBS. Any thoughts.....I can see if the "Jints" were playing same time as us but now the Giants too man Bills fans always lose out...... :thumbsup:

Not on in the effing Binghamton market either.

So pissed.

I was in Albany like two years ago with a Bills cap on. Just a Bills cap. People were looking at me like I was from another planet.

All the department stores in Albany had Giants and Jets merchandise. No Buffalo Bills gear at all! I was somewhat heartened that there was no NE Patriots gear for sale. :bag:

Where were you, at Giants camp? I grew up there an in my 18 years of living in the Capital District never once got weird looks for wearing Bills stuff. Plenty of Bills fans in the area. But, you're right, regrettably little Bills merchandise at the malls.