Temper our enthusiasm

VABills

Would you say the same thing to Dick Jauron? The missed tackles are inexcusable as is the predictable conservative play calling. If the Bills lost yesterday everyone would be calling for Jauron's head.

BTW, where in my original post do I make any mention of injuries as the reason for the Bills win? It was a hard fought game but the Bills should have taken this one by at least 10 points.

You're not happy because we did not win by enough?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're not happy because we did not win by enough?

Apparently so, wow that's brutal. A win is a win, this team isn't good enough yet, or at least hasn't proven it yet, to not be happy with just winning. Also, how are missed tackles and "conservative play calling" (I do not agree with that part), DJ's fault?

Apparently so, wow that's brutal. A win is a win, this team isn't good enough yet, or at least hasn't proven it yet, to not be happy with just winning. Also, how are missed tackles and "conservative play calling" (I do not agree with that part), DJ's fault?

It might matter when the tiebreakers come up. ;)

apparently people want to bring back the Mularky offense where we relied on "non-conservative" playcalling to trick the other team into letting us win...

get outta here with that noise. we won BECAUSE of the playcalling. when we were in tough positions we turned down the offense in order to not shoot ourselves in the foot and have a costly turnover. our coaches know exactly what they can ask Trent and our O to do, and what they shouldnt ask him to do.

we didnt turn the ball over. TE was 20/25 for 250 yards, 1 TD and ZERO ints.

ZERO INTS!!

boo frickin hoo, we didnt run a reverse. wah wah, we only took a couple shots downfield (and they worked).

Guest dog14787
We are 2-0, which is nice. You can only beat the teams on the schedule which we have. But folks we have beaten two very injured teams, missing a lot of their stars and depth. The collective records of the teams we have beaten if 0 for. They have won nothing. They are terrible teams. Granted we’re better, but how much better, we won’t know until we actually play someone who has won a game, and has most of their players there.

Until then count me as one who still thinks the bandwagon bus should remain in the garage.

doggonit, I thought we had a pretty good football team, but O.K. <_<

I have liked what I've seen so far, but we really have to consider the Bills 2-3 at this point in the season. When it gets to mid-October, Trent will sometimes have to wear his gloves because he doesn't want his hands to get chilly. This will probably cost us three games. It cost us two last year when he wasn't even the full time starter.

Anyway, a 2-0 start is just what the doctor ordered when you know those losses are coming.

I don't know for sure about anyone else, but I watch the Bills play to derive enjoyment from how well they do. I haven't had much success at that in recent years, so when they win I will be unreservedly happy and not look for reasons to keep my emotions in check. I know from personal experience the last few years that crushing losses don't get easier to take if it's continuing a losing streak rather than breaking a winning streak.

So I have to ask, why temper our enthusiasm? Let's enjoy the fact that the Bills are 2-0 and in as good a position as any team in the league to make the playoffs at this early stage.

We are 2-0, which is nice. You can only beat the teams on the schedule which we have. But folks we have beaten two very injured teams, missing a lot of their stars and depth. The collective records of the teams we have beaten if 0 for. They have won nothing. They are terrible teams. Granted we’re better, but how much better, we won’t know until we actually play someone who has won a game, and has most of their players there.

Until then count me as one who still thinks the bandwagon bus should remain in the garage.

That mentality didn't help the Jets when they faced a QB who hadn't started a game since high school...

Would you say the same thing to Dick Jauron? The missed tackles are inexcusable as is the predictable conservative play calling. If the Bills lost yesterday everyone would be calling for Jauron's head.

BTW, where in my original post do I make any mention of injuries as the reason for the Bills win? It was a hard fought game but the Bills should have taken this one by at least 10 points.

The tackling was bad at times yesterday, but the fact remains their O looked pretty bad. They only had one quarter where they had any kind of real success against us, and thanks to good coaching and solid play, the Bills pulled it together in the Fourth Quarter.

As for the play calling being conservative, you must have been watching a completely different game than the rest of us were. The Bills looked aggressive and were still attacking even after they took the lead. Perhaps you missed the designed bootleg on 3rd down at the end of the Fourth Quarter. We probably would have won by ten if we had a drive in the third quarter. One bad special teams play probably hurt our offensive stats by sixty or more yards.

Complaining about play calling is about the last thing people should be griping about. The fact is, there hasn't been a need to run five deep balls a game this year. Buffalo is above the average this year in both 20 and 30 + yard plays. Just because there is no seventy yard bomb for a TD every game doesn't mean the team isn't calling an aggressive game. Find another tune to cry too.

• 2 weeks later...

Well we're now 4-0. It also appears that with Jacksonville, we may have beaten an okay team. Seattle is still questionable since their only win is against a worse team in St Louis.

So I guess we'll give the band wagon a tune-up, in hopes that we can take it out of the garage in a few weeks. I still think we've got some smoke and mirrors going on. These 4th quarter comebacks work against poor teams but when we play a good team I think we'll be in doggy doodoo land.

Anyhow I am enjoying and the band wagon is in the driveway. But, still remaining cautious until we play a team that is "good" and not "injury riddled".

That's all for now. Check back in a couple weeks for "How to Curb Your Joy".

Well if Edwards is out for a while, I'm putting this bandwagon back in the garage until next season. Noone else is capable of driving the damn thing. Unless I want the wheels getting dropped off, and hit numerous times when the driver can't recognize a redlight, or giving the keys to someone else for a joy ride.

Well if Edwards is out for a while, I'm putting this bandwagon back in the garage until next season. Noone else is capable of driving the damn thing. Unless I want the wheels getting dropped off, and hit numerous times when the driver can't recognize a redlight, or giving the keys to someone else for a joy ride.

That was a typical JP performance. A beautiful long completion to LE but poor clock management (delay of game penalty where he had no clue why a flag was thrown) inaccurate passes, and holding the ball too long, therefore taking sacks. Over 4 quarters of football, JP will hurt your O more than he helps it.