[OT] Ok, what about Marie Paige....

SDS

I actually dislike the way all three names sound together, but what about flipping the two?

Marie Paige Sarama

Call her Paige....

Marie is Deborah's Mother's middle name.

John is Deborah's father's middle name (and Andrew's)

I actually dislike the way all three names sound together, but what about flipping the two?

Marie Paige Sarama

Call her Paige....

80467[/snapback]

Then why don't you call her John Marie Paige Sarama?

A daughter with the first name John surely has a better chance than giving her the initials PMS. :lol:

She'll spend her life explaining to people that her first name is Marie. Every time she gets called on by someone who doesn't know her she'll be called Marie.

Stick with Paige, ditch Marie and find another middle name.

RunTheBall

Paige Elizabeth Marie Samara.

Why the hell would he want to change her last name too, stevestojan?! :lol:

Scott, those initials are fine. If you and the Mrs. like the names, you should stick with them if that's what makes you happy. :lol:

Why the hell would he want to change her last name too, stevestojan?!  :lol:

Scott, those initials are fine. If you and the Mrs. like the names, you should stick with them if that's what makes you happy.  :lol:

80504[/snapback]

I thought that was SDS's last name!!! :lol: Isnt that what it said on the Jersey that used to be on his avatar? OH well! My bad :lol:

Marie Paige Sarama

Call her Paige....

80467[/snapback]

Be careful with this; she won't get picked on, but she'll have to endlessly explain to everyone that she should be called Paige instead of Marie.

My brother-in-law was named Robert due to a long line of Roberts in the family. However, the parents called him Jason which was his middle name. He *hates* the fact that his real name is Robert because it gets confusing with bank records, friends, phone calls, etc. He looked into legally changing his name but that was even more of a hassle.

I think I'd be more included to name her Paige Marie if you're intent on calling her Paige. Better to live with the PMS nickname for a few years in school than have to deal with the hassles of your middle name being the one you go by.

CW

Be careful with this; she won't get picked on, but she'll have to endlessly explain to everyone that she should be called Paige instead of Marie.

My brother-in-law was named Robert due to a long line of Roberts in the family.  However, the parents called him Jason which was his middle name.  He *hates* the fact that his real name is Robert because it gets confusing with bank records, friends, phone calls, etc.  He looked into legally changing his name but that was even more of a hassle.

I think I'd be more included to name her Paige Marie if you're intent on calling her Paige.  Better to live with the PMS nickname for a few years in school than have to deal with the hassles of your middle name being the one you go by.

CW

80514[/snapback]

I plan on naming my first daughter Alison Chains Stojanovich

So, at least the rockers in school will like her.

I plan on naming my first daughter Alison Chains Stojanovich

So, at least the rockers in school will like her.

80552[/snapback]

Newsflash:

By the time your daughter gets to school your choice of bands will be viewed as if they were Bobby Vinton. Not one kid will have any idea who that band is.

My brother-in-law was named Robert due to a long line of Roberts in the family.  However, the parents called him Jason which was his middle name.  He *hates* the fact that his real name is Robert because it gets confusing with bank records, friends, phone calls, etc.  He looked into legally changing his name but that was even more of a hassle.

I think I'd be more included to name her Paige Marie if you're intent on calling her Paige.  Better to live with the PMS nickname for a few years in school than have to deal with the hassles of your middle name being the one you go by.

CW

80514[/snapback]

My son goes by his middle name. His first name matches mine(and my dad and his dad and.....). He's only 4 so it's no big deal yet, but we're a bit worried about that stuff. I think it will work out ok. He already understands the whole concept so it won't lead to any confusion on his part.

My son goes by his middle name.  His first name matches mine(and my dad and his dad and.....).  He's only 4 so it's no big deal yet, but we're a bit worried about that stuff.  I think it will work out ok.  He already understands the whole concept so it won't lead to any confusion on his part.

80573[/snapback]

Oh man, I soooooooo wish my parents had done that. My father has the same first name as me. Our middle names are different.

I wish my parents had gone with calling me David, instead of Steve. Every phone call after i turned 14 "is steve there?" --- "Which one?" ... thats just one thing. It gets annoying. Good call on going by his middlle name

Oh man, I soooooooo wish my parents had done that. My father has the same first name as me. Our middle names are different.

I wish my parents had gone with calling me David, instead of Steve. Every phone call after i turned 14 "is steve there?" --- "Which one?" ... thats just one thing. It gets annoying. Good call on going by his middlle name

80625[/snapback]

"You stupid piece of davidstojan" just doesn't flow...it wouldn't be right. :lol::lol:

Newsflash:

By the time your daughter gets to school your choice of bands will be viewed as if they were Bobby Vinton.  Not one kid will have any idea who that band is.

80569[/snapback]

I don't know, my youngest daughter, Mott the Hoople, never gets teased. :lol:

CW

80514[/snapback]

My name is Janice Lynn & my entire family, & long time family friends call me Lynn. When I was in high school I decided to go by Jan. On legal documents it's Janice L. On credit cards I put Jan. When she gets old enough she'll decide for herself. It's not a big deal. It's been NO hassle for me.

What IS a big deal is the initials . Scott, don't saddle her with "PMS". Kids can be so cruel.