Father hits daughters naked boyfriend with metal pipe

kegtapr

http://www.news-journalonline.com/NewsJour...ather091108.htm

Daughter is 15, and has been seeing boyfriend for 18 months.

You do the math.

It says the boy was 15 years old as well. That's not statutory rape, it's just kids messing around. I'm not sure if statutory rape was what you were implying, but I thought I'd point that out.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It says the boy was 15 years old as well. That's not statutory rape, it's just kids messing around. I'm not sure if statutory rape was what you were implying, but I thought I'd point that out.

Both were 15? Dad's the one who's screwed.

NEWSFLASH TO ALL THE ILLOGICAL, OVERPROTECTIVE FATHERS EVERYWHERE: your daughter is eventually going to have sex. And if she is even remotely attractive, she will lose it before she hits 18. Also, having sex isn't evil. You don't go to an imaginary place of eternal fire if you have it before - (gasp!) - getting married.

Both were 15? Dad's the one who's screwed.

Damn right. It still doesn't say if the girl was in the room, but I'm assuming she was.

Now, he is likely to get lucky as it says the boy's family may not press charges. If they do, though, dear old pipe-swinging dad may be getting his share of a different kind of pipe in the near future.

My buddy got dragged down stairs by his ear naked by my friends father after the father caught them in bed together(this was in high school). We still laugh about it to this day

That's a more appropriate response than what happened here.

Whacking with a metal pipe. Dad's been watching too many episodes of "The Sopranos".

NEWSFLASH TO ALL THE ILLOGICAL, OVERPROTECTIVE FATHERS EVERYWHERE: your daughter is eventually going to have sex. And if she is even remotely attractive, she will lose it before she hits 18. Also, having sex isn't evil. You don't go to an imaginary place of eternal fire if you have it before - (gasp!) - getting married.

shhhhh. You might offending the Churchies on the board <_<

My buddy got dragged down stairs by his ear naked by my friends father after the father caught them in bed together(this was in high school). We still laugh about it to this day

Are you saying that your buddies dad caught his son with another boy?

I don't know, it sure burned after the first time for me <_<

I'm not sure if any of you bothered to actually read the short article (the one linked by GBID), but this was at 4:00am. Again - 4:00am. He also called 911 - I assume that was an indication that he thought his house was invaded by an intruder. To him it was.

The kid is lucky he didn't take a bullet between the eyes. Sneaking into another man's home in the middle of the night/early morning hours and found in your CHILD'S bedroom is asking for a hell of a lot more trouble than he got. If you have the balls to do that - then you better have the balls to accept the consequences.

I assume all the "open-minded" parents posting in this thread often wake up in the middle of the night to find strangers in their daughter's bedrooms. I also assume when you hear those noises you just say to yourself - "that's just my daughter losing her cherry at 4:00 am. Kids will be kids...".

What freakin' planet do you people live on?

I'm not sure if any of you bothered to actually read the short article (the one linked by GBID), but this was at 4:00am. Again - 4:00am. He also called 911 - I assume that was an indication that he thought his house was invaded by an intruder. To him it was.

The kid is lucky he didn't take a bullet between the eyes. Sneaking into another man's home in the middle of the night/early morning hours and found in your CHILD'S bedroom is asking for a hell of a lot more trouble than he got. If you have the balls to do that - then you better have the balls to accept the consequences.

I assume all the "open-minded" parents posting in this thread often wake up in the middle of the night to find strangers in their daughter's bedrooms. I also assume when you hear those noises you just say to yourself - "that's just my daughter losing her cherry at 4:00 am. Kids will be kids...".

What freakin' planet do you people live on?

As long as you believe the same reaction would be appropriate, if it was the boy's parents and a naked 15 year-old girl was on his bed, then I think you may have a legit argument (although I would still disagree with it).

But, I think we both know that, between the time he saw the naked 15 year old boy, and the time he decided to beat him with a pipe, he was fully aware that this was not an intruder.

Like I said earlier, maybe a few feet of flesh pipe up the old poop chute, while in the slammer, will tame his redneck tendencies. And before you wonder why I call him a redneck, and assume he is likely a violent and unreasonable human, his daughter felt the need to hide the fact that she had a boyfriend from him for a LONG time. That suggests something, to me.

As long as you believe the same reaction would be appropriate, if it was the boy's parents and a naked 15 year-old girl was on his bed, then I think you may have a legit argument (although I would still disagree with it).

:thumbsup:

This isn't a story about teenagers having sex. It is a story about an intruder being in a child's room at 4:00am. That is the set of facts the father was working with before the door was opened.

It is NOT REASONABLE to expect your 15 year old to have company at 4:00am. It isn't. Just accept that in most normal households - it is neither acceptable nor EXPECTED to have someone you have never met in your child's bedroom at that hour of the morning.

Now, as for your utterly asinine argument above... [someone please kill me for wasting my time addressing it] The sex of the intruder was unknown when the father instinctually and rightfully came to the defense of his child. Do I have to actually write something about gender and rape or are you cool with the fact that 99.9999999% of rape is performed by men?

and just to be clear on my 1st point:

This is NOT about a man who found out his daughter was having sex with another boy, went and picked up a pipe, walked over to his house and started hitting him. Most of the posts in this thread insinuate that this was the equivalent scenario. It was NOT that scenario in any way shape or form.

I'm not saying the father did the right thing or the wrong thing. But I'll be damned if I judge another man for making the decision to protect his family from an intruder who broke into his home in the middle of the night. Booty call, rape, theft - I don't give a crap. Right or wrong - the kid was lucky that was the worst thing that happened to him and I'm not going to sit here and take pot shots at someone else because they didn't handle a 4:00 am intruder in the "correct manner".

:thumbsup:

This isn't a story about teenagers having sex. It is a story about an intruder being in a child's room at 4:00am. That is the set of facts the father was working with before the door was opened.

It is NOT REASONABLE to expect your 15 year old to have company at 4:00am. It isn't. Just accept that in most normal households - it is neither acceptable nor EXPECTED to have someone you have never met in your child's bedroom at that hour of the morning.

Now, as for your utterly asinine argument above... [someone please kill me for wasting my time addressing it] The sex of the intruder was unknown when the father instinctually and rightfully came to the defense of his child. Do I have to actually write something about gender and rape or are you cool with the fact that 99.9999999% of rape is performed by men?

Your initial argument seemed to be that, he was within his right to bash this boy with a pipe, because he was an intruder in his home, at 4:00AM. You never mentioned rape, and I had the good sense to avoid the topic, too. So, if it's about an intruder, the sex of the intruder shouldn't really be at issue, for the pipe swinging maniac. And, as the person was STANDING on the bed, a rape was clearly not in progress.

I completely dismiss your unbelievable assumption that, the father didn't know if he was hitting a boy or a girl. As the boy was naked, I assume the penis gave it away, but hey, who knows, and I agree it shouldn't be an issue.

Is it possible that the guy opens the door, see a naked intruder on his daughter's bed and bludgeons him with a pipe, doesn't notice it is a young person, and without his daughter saying "don't hit him Dad", before the thing goes down. I guess that's POSSIBLE, but nothing in the two articles I have read indicates that that's the way it went down.

and just to be clear on my 1st point:

This is NOT about a man who found out his daughter was having sex with another boy, went and picked up a pipe, walked over to his house and started hitting him. Most of the posts in this thread insinuate that this was the equivalent scenario. It was NOT that scenario in any way shape or form.

True. I wouldn't argue that it was the case.

I'm not saying the father did the right thing or the wrong thing. But I'll be damned if I judge another man for making the decision to protect his family from an intruder who broke into his home in the middle of the night. Booty call, rape, theft - I don't give a crap. Right or wrong - the kid was lucky that was the worst thing that happened to him and I'm not going to sit here and take pot shots at someone else because they didn't handle a 4:00 am intruder in the "correct manner".

Truth is, Fearless Leader, we really have no idea of how it really went down. What we have is a very sketchy news story. The clue to me, is that the boy was naked and standing on the bed. A reasonable 45-year old man, with a pipe in his hand, probably isn't threatened in that situation. The fact that his daughter has kept the fact that she has a boyfriend from her dad, for quite a while, suggests he is likely not a reasonable man.

Your initial argument seemed to be that, he was within his right to bash this boy with a pipe, because he was an intruder in his home, at 4:00AM. You never mentioned rape, and I had the good sense to avoid the topic, too. So, if it's about an intruder, the sex of the intruder shouldn't really be at issue, for the pipe swinging maniac. And, as the person was STANDING on the bed, a rape was clearly not in progress.

I completely dismiss your unbelievable assumption that, the father didn't know if he was hitting a boy or a girl. As the boy was naked, I assume the penis gave it away, but hey, who knows, and I agree it shouldn't be an issue.

Is it possible that the guy opens the door, see a naked intruder on his daughter's bed and bludgeons him with a pipe, doesn't notice it is a young person, and without his daughter saying "don't hit him Dad", before the thing goes down. I guess that's POSSIBLE, but nothing in the two articles I have read indicates that that's the way it went down.

I'm not going to get baited into a decision tree argument. Especially if you are going to continue to assert that male intruders don't pose a greater risk to you and your family than female intruders. I mean seriously - i can't believe you made me type that out.

as for what was in progress - wtf do you know what he saw exactly and his interpretation of it at 4:00am? Did I miss a YouTube video somewhere?

Personally, I don't care what he saw and I don't really care what he did. He defended his family and I'm not going to stand in judgment of his split second decisions at 4:00am. Shame on you if you think you have that right.

He sneaked into the house at a grossly inappropriate hour. No one is doing anything good for you or your family at 4:00am. Whatever happened to him is between him and owner of the house. He's lucky the father didn't grab a gun, open the door, see him naked and shoot him right there. THAT is how foolish that kid's action was.

And one more point - did you ever stop to think the kid was a total asswipe and that is why she hid him from her father? Nope - gotta be a redneck. :thumbsup:

and while I'm at it - let me make the converse argument:

What would all the enlightened in this thread do if the father heard noises coming from her daughter's room, assumed she was with a boyfriend and the next morning she was laying dead in her bed.

What would any of you say about that man if he said to police, "I just thought my 15 year old daughter was having sex and I didn't want to embarrass them."?

Would he be a redneck in that case too? Is that the alternative that people would want to see?