Palin in favor of waterboarding kittens!!!!

KD in CA

http://www.zimbio.com/Anne+Kilkenny/articl...ny+Alaska+Email

Her neighbor doesn't even like her

She's not very tolerant of divergent opinions or open to outside ideas or compromise. As Mayor, she fought ideas that weren’t generated by her or her staff. Ideas weren't evaluated on their merits, but on the basis of who proposed them.

While Sarah was Mayor of Wasilla she tried to fire our highly respected City Librarian because the Librarian refused to consider removing from the library some books that Sarah wanted removed. City residents rallied to the defense of the City Librarian and against Palin's attempt at out-and-out censorship, so Palin backed down and withdrew her termination letter. People who fought her attempt to oust the Librarian are on her enemies list to this day.

Can you believe how much time and effort is going into trashing Palin? If the left loses what should have been a sroll into the White House, they'll look back on this strategy as a primary reason why.

I have thought about that too, but I am not sure it is correct. I think the splash she made at the Republican convention had to be addressed by the Dems, they had to drive her negatives up. Once the debates begin between Obama and McCain, then the focus can return to them.

But experience tells you, you have to take your opponent's significant positive campaign tactic and put a negative spin on it fast and effectively, no matter where it comes from. Palin is definitely a stroke of good for McCain unless she is debunked before the debates. Making her a known quantity with some established negatives is better for the Dems, hence what is happening right now.

If the shoe was on the other foot, the McCain camp would be doing, in fact was doing the same thing with Obama. That being said, it is a difficult task to accomplish and if Palin holds up it will be a net positive.

However, the Dem attacks are starting to have some effect and her interview last night did not do her any favors. It didn't destroy either, but it did bring the positive veneer off her.

That voice sounded like a female version of one of GWs grating unknowledgeable responses without the word butchering. OOF!

Can you believe how much time and effort is going into trashing Palin? If the left loses what should have been a sroll into the White House, they'll look back on this strategy as a primary reason why.

I can believe it and it's not surprising. Nobody knows anything about her. Are the Dems supposed to let the Repubs and Palin frame herself in a positive light, without dispute?

For someone like McCain, who has been in the public eye for mulitple decades, the negatives are already out there and are well known. For someone who has been on the scene for two weeks, people/media/opposing campaigns look into everything about their past.

What is so shocking about this?

Oh my God!!! Someone doesn't like Sarah Palin!! And it's her neighbor! Someone spread the word!!! :thumbsup::wallbash:

Does ANYONE on the left not realize how embarrassing this is? ANYONE??? Bueller??

I can believe it and it's not surprising. Nobody knows anything about her. Are the Dems supposed to let the Repubs and Palin frame herself in a positive light, without dispute?

For someone like McCain, who has been in the public eye for mulitple decades, the negatives are already out there and are well known. For someone who has been on the scene for two weeks, people/media/opposing campaigns look into everything about their past.

What is so shocking about this?

It's not shocking. It's just a bad strategy. When you have to spend all your time squawking about your competition, it's proof positive that your own story is either not worth telling or lacking substance.

Oh my God!!! Someone doesn't like Sarah Palin!! And it's her neighbor! Someone spread the word!!! :thumbsup::wallbash:

Does ANYONE on the left not realize how embarrassing this is? ANYONE??? Bueller??

It's not shocking. It's just a bad strategy. When you have to spend all your time squawking about your competition, it's proof positive that your own story is either not worth telling or lacking substance.

Sounds like you guys are tired of learning was a scum bucket and liar she is

Bad strategy, even though McCain's own campaign manager stated that the election isn't about the issues, it's about the general public's perception of each candidate? You're expecting to hear a lot of substance out of the McCain camp?

Huh? And what has been the Republican strategy in this campaign and the last 8 years under Bush.. . Lee Atwater taught us it works, but you go on saying that. Is that the only response you can come up with?

Now there is a response strategy that doesn't hunt.

Do people like her neighbor? Maybe she's a better VP candidate? What were her grades in high school gym?

Really...what you have to understand is that this is even more stupid than attacking Obama "because he's Muslim". I can understand not attacking her on issues...because frankly, who knows where she stands on anything substantive yet? But "her neighbor doesn't like her" is NOT an effective substitute.

Don't you mean - Can you believe how much time and effort is going into trazhing Palin? If the left lozez what zhould have been a zroll into the White Houze, they'll look back on thiz ztrategy as a primary reazon why.

Do people like her neighbor? Maybe she's a better VP candidate? What were her grades in high school gym?

Really...what you have to understand is that this is even more stupid than attacking Obama "because he's Muslim". I can understand not attacking her on issues...because frankly, who knows where she stands on anything substantive yet? But "her neighbor doesn't like her" is NOT an effective substitute.

That wasn't the point of my post. I wanted to slip in the fact that she had done something that I would guess 95% of people would feel is absolutly wrong, banning books. I was just using her neighbors post to highlight that and obviously didn't set up the post very well.

Still, banning books and then firing a person from their job because they wouldn't get rid of books a person didn't agree with I think tells us a lot about Sarah Palin. She is just bad news. If Obama had done this I would lose a tremendous amount of respect for him.

and to think, President Kerry was elected after all that swiftboat crap...oh, wait. :unsure:

That wasn't the point of my post. I wanted to slip in the fact that she had done something that I would guess 95% of people would feel is absolutly wrong, banning books. I was just using her neighbors post to highlight that and obviously didn't set up the post very well.

Still, banning books and then firing a person from their job because they wouldn't get rid of books a person didn't agree with I think tells us a lot about Sarah Palin. She is just bad news. If Obama had done this I would lose a tremendous amount of respect for him.

SHE DID NOT BAN ANY BOOKS you idiot. Some of the books on the so called "list" were published after she became governor and was not mayor anymore. They were from a list of books banned in various places in the country.

You dems are so desperate.

Obama's campaign song should be "Never been any reason " by Head East-

"Never been any reason for you to think about me.

Save my life , I'm going down for the last time."

He put out about Mc Cain doen't use the computer or send e-mails. He can't because of his injuries in the Hanoi Hilton. Same as he can't comb his own hair or tie his own shoes. He does use the computer. He has said him and his wife read the personal e-mail at night and he dictates the replies to his wife. He can type. but very, very slowly.

Let's see- Obama has pissed off women, old people, disabled people- who else can he dis?