Jim McNally had some very cool things to say about Peters.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in the process of editing the interview down so that I can post a link to just the Peters portion of the conversation w/ Jim.

Jim is a regular part of the UB pregame show. I usually interview him separate from the radio show but this week it worked out best to have him on as a live guest and, while the focus was on UB, I had to get some Peters stuff in. So, I encourage you to listen to the whole thing but the shortened version will be here shortly.

Not discounting McNally's opinions here, but who cares what he thinks. He had years to deliver a solid line and failed miserably.

Peters made the Pro Bowl in his 2nd year of being a left tackle, 3rd year starter I believe. Very talented but he was as we all know very raw. McNally taught him; but in the clip didn't take ANY credit for Peters success.

I don't think many teams, and all we can speak about are last year and the previous McNally years, would take Melvin and Brad off our hands. Plus look at all the O-lineman we have let go. Who among them is doing anything? Aren't some of them out of the league at still a fairly young age?

JP, some of our wide receivers, and Trent all played so-so at best last year.

Plus the big X-factor, or should I say 0 factor... Fairchild! Everybody knew what was coming.

So IMO to say McNally didn't do a good job wit the O-line is oversimplifying things. To my recollection Donahoe never drafted a decent O-lineman except for the oft injured Jonas Jennings. We signed 2 good free agents last year, but the O-line experts I've heard say continuity is required for this to work best. hopefully they will stay healthy and get a 2nd year together. That ain't much time. We all know that continuity has been severely lacking. For what, close to 10 years or more on the O-line?

Peters made the Pro Bowl in his 2nd year of being a left tackle, 3rd year starter I believe. Very talented but he was as we all know very raw. McNally taught him; but in the clip didn't take ANY credit for Peters success.

I don't think many teams, and all we can speak about are last year and the previous McNally years, would take Melvin and Brad off our hands. Plus look at all the O-lineman we have let go. Who among them is doing anything? Aren't some of them out of the league at still a fairly young age?

JP, some of our wide receivers, and Trent all played so-so at best last year.

Plus the big X-factor, or should I say 0 factor... Fairchild! Everybody knew what was coming.

So IMO to say McNally didn't do a good job wit the O-line is oversimplifying things. To my recollection Donahoe never drafted a decent O-lineman except for the oft injured Jonas Jennings. We signed 2 good free agents last year, but the O-line experts I've heard say continuity is required for this to work best. hopefully they will stay healthy and get a 2nd year together. That ain't much time. We all know that continuity has been severely lacking. For what, close to 10 years or more on the O-line?

Good retort. You'll get to know Kat and his ilk in short order and realize it's kinda fruitless to debate..

Welcome aboard!

Thanks for the welcomes and glad to share a clip from the NFL insider who knows J Peters work better than anybody... The Mouse.

"....other teams study film of him as the prototype offensive lineman..."

Sot its not just McNally that sees just how good this guy really is, and still getting better.

Where or where are all those who posted that they didn't want him back?

yeah like mcnally is going to say anything bad. He pegged his horses to the kid and pretty much ignored the rest of the line while he was here. Great Jom, you made a pretty good tackle out of a FA. Too bad you let our first round draft pick hanging in the wind and haven't had a good guard or center here since before you should up.

Friggen loser Mcnally, you're gone, STFU. the line is much better without you.