Palin Open to War with Russia

A lot of my friends were hoping Palin would be conservative, not a neo-con. Today she really exposed herself and I hope anyone hoping to vote for the scum that is McInsane/Failen should be shot. Sorry McInsane, you think you got the conservative vote? You just lost 10% of your following. It won't show in the polls, but it will show in the turn-out.

Obama's past will be the only thing that will take him down as this country loves Motherment.

http://rawstory.com/news/2008/Palin_tells_...ussia_0911.html

If Russia invaded a NATO member country, does anyone honestly think an Obama/Biden administration would react any differently than a McCain/Palin administration?

Or for that matter, any differently than:

a Bush/Cheney administration would have reacted or a Clinton/Gore administration would have reacted or a Bush/Quayle administration would have reacted or a Reagan/Bush administration would have reacted or a Carter/Mondale administration would have reacted or a Ford/Rockerfeller administration would have reacted or a Nixon/Ford administration would have reacted or a Nixon/Agnew administration would have reacted or a Johnson/Humphry administration would have reacted or a Kennedy/Johnson administration would have reacted or an Eisenhower/Nixon administration would have reacted or a Truman/Barkley administration would have reacted?

:thumbsup:

*edit...anyone see the humor in the ad to the side to find your russian beauty today! :thumbsup:

A lot of my friends were hoping Palin would be conservative, not a neo-con. Today she really exposed herself and I hope anyone hoping to vote for the scum that is McInsane/Failen should be shot. Sorry McInsane, you think you got the conservative vote? You just lost 10% of your following. It won't show in the polls, but it will show in the turn-out.

Obama's past will be the only thing that will take him down as this country loves Motherment.

am I missing something here or did we move to a dictatorship?

I'm pretty sure the decisions involved in any kind of conflict with Russia would be more involved than the answer given to a hypothetical question posed by an ABC newsman.

Get a grip.

If Georgia were a member of NATO and if they were attacked by Russia, as the question was hypothetically posed, indeed, the United States would be obligated by the terms of that alliance to come to Georgia's defense in some fashion. This is why we have mutual defense treaties, folks.

What exactly should she have said? Screw you guys, we only care about ourselves? I don't like the idea any more than anyone else, but you don't turn your back on an ally. If you start signaling that you won't defend Georgia in that situation, then Poland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and possibly other European NATO members aren't going to be too pleased with that. The alliance wouldn't be worth the paper its written on.

She said the right thing and its the same thing that any other responsible politician would have said. I would fully expect Obama or Biden to give the same answer.

She said the right thing and its the same thing that any other responsible politician would have said. I would fully expect Obama or Biden to give the same answer.

In a campaign, she should have just blown it off and give the standard "it depends", "I would need to know know far more details than can be outlined in an interview". She would have been nailed for dodging the question, but that may have been better tahn to have people twist and contort what she said to fit their agenda.

In a campaign, she should have just blown it off and give the standard "it depends", "I would need to know know far more details than can be outlined in an interview". She would have been nailed for dodging the question, but that may have been better tahn to have people twist and contort what she said to fit their agenda.

You're probably right about that. There's no doubt that those who dislike her will twist it to their advantage, as they're already doing.

am I missing something here or did we move to a dictatorship?

I'm pretty sure the decisions involved in any kind of conflict with Russia would be more involved than the answer given to a hypothetical question posed by an ABC newsman.

Get a grip.

To even think for one second that we can be open to war to Russia over Georgia is insane. She should have said something like this:

"Well Charles, war is the last option and the answer is no, I would not want to wage war unless there are no other options. I don't think that's the case right now. Our friendship with Russia is worth pursuing first and foremost, and we should talk with them on how to build peace and stability in the region."

She answers the question, and does not dodge it, while simultaneously show a face of world diplomacy. The world needs better diplomacy and less war. We don't want a cold or hot war with this nation because no one wins.

Our face is one of peace. To even mention the possibility of war and using it as tool on the table to do an operation is egregious, stupid, and very poor taste as a politician who lacks nuance and common-sense.

You're probably right about that. There's no doubt that those who dislike her will twist it to their advantage, as they're already doing.

I did like her right up to this moment, so that does not apply to me. If she wants to perpetuate a war or start a cold war in which there are no victors tell me what you think is accomplished by showing your teeth. No one needs to twist a thing as we cannot fight another war militarily without a draft, and we cannot afford it without completely destroying our currency in the shambles it's currently in.

I did like her right up to this moment, so that does not apply to me. If she wants to perpetuate a war or start a cold war in which there are no victors tell me what you think is accomplished by showing your teeth. No one needs to twist a thing as we cannot fight another war militarily without a draft, and we cannot afford it without completely destroying our currency in the shambles it's currently in.

WTF are you talking about? Someone asks her a hypothetical question and now she "wants to perpetuate a war or start a cold war"??? :thumbsup:

Again - get a grip. She was answering a hypothetical and your words are just a rearrangement of hers. You said as a "unless there are no other options". In other words, "perhaps".

She said "perhaps" as the question specifically referenced the NATO treaty. She was speaking TO THAT TREATY. The question wasn't:

Gibson: "What should we do about Russia?"

Palin: "Perhaps we go to war with them..."

BIG DIFFERENCE.

If you AND Deb are morally opposed to the McCain/Palin ticket, I might have just decided who I'm voting for. (I'd already decided who I'm not voting for.)

this brings up an interesting question...

The USA will put anti missile bases in Poland to defend NATO from a missile attack by Iran, or whomever, ya?

this next part is totally hypothetical...

Something goes wrong and a Russian plane is brought down by a Patriot battery or some other wack event.

The Russians retaliate by sending special forces over to Poland, blow up the Patriot site and take it over. Then they tell us to pound sand, they're staying "just to prevent anything like that from happening again"and bring enough troops and equipment for a nice, long, drawn out vacation.

What does the USA and the vaunted NATO do in the 21st century? Do we go to war with with a suddenly defiant Russian military machine if diplomacy doesn't work?

Please try not to focus on the hypothetical military event, why it would never happen, and how we'd never have to encounter that, but rather on what would the response be if there was anything involving a Georgia-style invasion of a NATO member country.

this brings up an interesting question...

The USA will put anti missile bases in Poland to defend NATO from a missile attack by Iran, or whomever, ya?

this next part is totally hypothetical...

Something goes wrong and a Russian plane is brought down by a Patriot battery or some other wack event.

The Russians retaliate by sending special forces over to Poland, blow up the Patriot site and take it over. Then they tell us to pound sand, they're staying "just to prevent anything like that from happening again"and bring enough troops and equipment for a nice, long, drawn out vacation.

What does the USA and the vaunted NATO do in the 21st century? Do we go to war with with a suddenly defiant Russian military machine if diplomacy doesn't work?

Please try not to focus on the hypothetical military event, why it would never happen, and how we'd never have to encounter that, but rather on what would the response be if there was anything involving a Georgia-style invasion of a NATO member country.

In your purely hypothetical scenario, which of the TEN missile defense missile launchers do you expect to accidentally shoot down a Russian MIG?

My money's on #7.

Your point is excellent, and if you talk to my neo-con buddies they want a piece of Russia on 2 conditions:

-That we fight the commies on their soil

-That it's imperative that it's other people's blood and not their own

We have, and now just in the past tense, good relations with Russia. Our stance of stabbing them in the back every 5 seconds is some of the worst political decisions imaginable. We should take lumps to be their friends and grow economically and politically with them. I just see this as another cold war that is being brought on by terrible foreign policy of empire mentality tactics, not from genuine desire to be a friend to the world.

Your point is excellent, and if you talk to my neo-con buddies they want a piece of Russia on 2 conditions:

-That we fight the commies on their soil

-That it's imperative that it's other people's blood and not their own

We have, and now just in the past tense, good relations with Russia. Our stance of stabbing them in the back every 5 seconds is some of the worst political decisions imaginable. We should take lumps to be their friends and grow economically and politically with them. I just see this as another cold war that is being brought on by terrible foreign policy of empire mentality tactics, not from genuine desire to be a friend to the world.

You may be right. Russia deserves to be part of the civilized world because they've earned that right.

Very doubtful NATO will invite Ukraine or Georgia into the club. Way too dangerous and Russia can exploit the alliance.

And that is the rub where her neo-con views are exposed. Inviting Georgia and the Ukraine into NATO is picking a fight. Sometimes it is important to pick-one, in this case even the mention of it is just stupid!