They are already selling their tickets!!!

webtoe

Just want to relay a quick story on the Fair weather fans...

My co-workers husband is a 'big' Pats* fan. Last night she was sying that now she will see how big a fan he really is. Then he tells her that his friend has already called him wanting to sell their seats to the Pittsburgh game later this year. :(

(to his credit he said no)

Only one week in, and this is shaping up to be one of the most fun seasons in a while. :rolleyes:

In other news, the NY Giants are reporting a huge increase in the number of people requesting season tickets.

To be accurate, there is like a wait list of 50,000 for Giants seasons. They are like Green Bay in that tickets are passed down in families. Giant fans are NOT fairweather.

In New England, the minute the Pats* lose their first game, their "die hard" fans will change channels to the Red Sox game and count the days till NBA season.

PTR

Doing a little thread merging behind the scenes thingy...

Would it be worth it to purchase tickets to the Bills game in Foxborro from a season ticket holder. Then with about :30 left in the game get yer butt tossed out of the stadium and thereby causing the pats* season ticket holder to lose his tickets?

During the Olbermann & Patrick segment on Football Night in America, they showed Brady going down and then cut to hundreds of fans walking down the ramps to leave the stadium. A little creative editing, but amusing none the less...

In other news, the NY Giants are reporting a huge increase in the number of people requesting season tickets.

I get your point, but using the Giants as your example was a poor choice. Those are hardly fair weather fans.

I get your point, but using the Giants as your example was a poor choice. Those are hardly fair weather fans.

I believe he used the Giants, because a significant number of the 'die-hard' Patriots fans used to be Giants fans, and will have no trouble switching allegiances back.

With the exception of this past week's game... my favorite Opening Day memory is 5 years ago against the Pats. A friend of mine from Boston drove up for the game. Everytime we scored I stood up and danced to Shout and pointed at him. He was smart though and wore a neutral yellow shirt.... I still told everyone around us that he was a Pats fan. He was so sad..... it made me so happy

In fairness to all the Pats fans - the *average* ticket price in that Stadium is $118 - up 30% from last year. That figure is also more than twice (130%!) the average ticket for a Bills game and 62% higher than the NFL Average.

I know that if I had spent those kind of bucks and suddenly found out that I was going to be watching Matt Cassell instead of Tom Brady, I know that I'd want to get some of many money back too...

JDG

In fairness to all the Pats fans - the *average* ticket price in that Stadium is $118 - up 30% from last year. That figure is also more than twice (130%!) the average ticket for a Bills game and 62% higher than the NFL Average.

I know that if I had spent those kind of bucks and suddenly found out that I was going to be watching Matt Cassell instead of Tom Brady, I know that I'd want to get some of many money back too...

JDG

That statement implies, however, that the sole reason you bought tickets in the first place was because you "expected" to see a team that would blow everyone out. If you're really a fan and want to watch your team, the injury is disappointing, of course, but it doesn't mean you now stay away -- particularly when everyone still predicts your team will compete for the playoffs.

Pretty much the spot-on definition of bandwagon jumping.

Doing a little thread merging behind the scenes thingy...

Would it be worth it to purchase tickets to the Bills game in Foxborro from a season ticket holder. Then with about :30 left in the game get yer butt tossed out of the stadium and thereby causing the pats* season ticket holder to lose his tickets?

:rolleyes:

As long as it didn't involve a beatdown or criminal charges, I don't see why not ...

:rolleyes:

As long as it didn't involve a beatdown or criminal charges, I don't see why not ...

That's what I'm thinkin, always the possibility things get out of hand. Though the thought of having T-Bone for a cellmate does skeer the hell out of me! Might not be worth the risk.

JDG

I thought the Pats* had a system that you could plug any player into and they would be successful?

I forgot, the NFL took away their video cameras. :censored:

Seriously, if they do keep on winning, does the media stop fawning all over Brady?

If they do faulter is if because Brady got hurt, or the lack of the video tapes?

I thought the Pats* had a system that you could plug any player into and they would be successful?

I forgot, the NFL took away their video cameras. :censored:

Seriously, if they do keep on winning, does the media stop fawning all over Brady?

If they do faulter is if because Brady got hurt, or the lack of the video tapes?

Brady got hurt?

I hadnt seen the NfL tripping overthemselves to suck his dick while he was down in hopes he might "rise" to the occasion

That statement implies, however, that the sole reason you bought tickets in the first place was because you "expected" to see a team that would blow everyone out. If you're really a fan and want to watch your team, the injury is disappointing, of course, but it doesn't mean you now stay away -- particularly when everyone still predicts your team will compete for the playoffs.

Pretty much the spot-on definition of bandwagon jumping.

It depends. I don't think that you have to be a "bandwagon jumper" to admit that it is a hell of a lot more fun to watch your team (particularly in person at the Stadium) playing well and winning than to watch your team playing poorly and losing.

How much money are *you* willing to spend to watch your team, win or lose? Would you really pay $120 per game for Bills Season Tickets? $200 per game?

The truth of the matter is that football tickets are a business - and you may love your team, but we also all have other things to spend our hard-earned money on.

JDG

It depends. I don't think that you have to be a "bandwagon jumper" to admit that it is a hell of a lot more fun to watch your team (particularly in person at the Stadium) playing well and winning than to watch your team playing poorly and losing.

How much money are *you* willing to spend to watch your team, win or lose? Would you really pay $120 per game for Bills Season Tickets? $200 per game?

The truth of the matter is that football tickets are a business - and you may love your team, but we also all have other things to spend our hard-earned money on.

JDG

IMO, that's EXACTLY the way bandwagon-jumpers think.

During the Olbermann & Patrick segment on Football Night in America, they showed Brady going down and then cut to hundreds of fans walking down the ramps to leave the stadium. A little creative editing, but amusing none the less...

Seriously - Keith Olbermann still gets to talk sports after making an ass of himself nightly with his childish rants against Bush, O'Reilly, etc on that joke of a network, MSNBC?