Did anyone watch yesterday's Titans/Jags game?

Beerball

I read some speculation about an 'argument' that took place during the game between Fisher and Vince Young.

If you saw the game whatcha think? The article speculated that the argument was because Young did not want to return to the game after getting booed for throwing an int. Fisher said Young's hammy was tight and they were 'discussing' how much mobility he would have.

That's some pretty harsh speculation.

I read that Young threw the pick, Haynesworth said something coming off the field and Young shoved him (or something to that effect). Then Young took a seat on the defensive bench (away from the other offensive players), put his head in his hands and completely ignored all the players and coaches that came over to talk to him. This continued for quite a while. Collins came in until some point in the 4th Qtr. when Young returned and got injured.

That's what I read. Didn't actually see it.

EDIT: Added the full text of the Titans fan's post:

I've never seen a QB act like he did yesterday after throwing that 2nd int. He slowly jogs off the field to a smattering of boos, and on the way gets an earful from Albert Haynesworth who, thanks to his INT, is now heading back on to the field. VY shoves fat albert, proceeds to the defensive side of the Titans bench (away from his offensive teammates), and sits alone with his head in his hands. Heimerdinger walks over to him with a clipboard and appears to be trying to show him something or talk him through things, and Vince never takes his head out of his hands.

Several other players walk over to talk to him and he seems to pretty much ignore them. Then one of the Titans staff walks over with a baseball cap (a gesture I took to mean he wouldn't be coming back in to the game), and Vince ignored him. Meanwhile, the Titans defense does their job again, and the offense has the ball. During a TV timeout, the offensive team makes their way back on to the field, but Vince is still sitting there, alone, on the bench. Kerry Collins starts taking some warmup snaps/throws.

At pretty much the last possible second, Vince gets up, slowly walks over to Fisher, and then slowly jogs on to the field to a parade of boos. Keep in mind, this is the 4th quarter. The Titans are winning 10-7, with the ball, and ~8 minutes left. A couple plays later he gets tackled while rolling out of the pocket, and injures his knee. Collins comes in, goes 2-for-2 for ~70 yards, and Lenwhale rushes in for the game-clinching touchdown.

It seems more and more likely that VY is headed towards a "bust" label. Unless he can stay healthy and become a passer, he's gonna take on that moniker by season's end. Although he does have a knack for winning games at times, and the Titans were a playoff team last year. But I'm just not impressed with him.

I'm listening to ESPN's Football Today podcast. One of the guys on the show just said that he thinks that the Titans are a better team with Kerry Collins under center. I couldn't agree more. Young is a bust. I've never liked him and I'm sad to see that he's injured. I would much rather see him get benched for sucking, not due to injury.

I read that Young threw the pick, Haynesworth said something coming off the field and Young shoved him (or something to that effect). Then Young took a seat on the defensive bench (away from the other offensive players), put his head in his hands and completely ignored all the players and coaches that came over to talk to him. This continued for quite a while. Collins came in until some point in the 4th Qtr. when Young returned and got injured.

That's what I read. Didn't actually see it.

The one I read didn't mention Haynesworth, but that makes sense. The Young pick immediately followed a Titans interception.

The one I read didn't mention Haynesworth, but that makes sense. The Young pick immediately followed a Titans interception.

Are you sure of your timeline though? The impression I got was that Young did return to the game for the next series but was later injured. Again, I dint see it...

I added the Titans fan's words to my original post. I'll also check the box score. One second...

EDIT: I guess I misread one point. Collins never made it into the game until VY got injured. But Collins was warming up on the sidelines while VY was moping on the bench.

Interesting that it was Kerry Collins that replaced him ... because if you remember, Collins was the only other pro QB who went to his coach and told him that he couldn't handle being #1 back when he was with Carolina

Rumor has it that Bart Andrus, former Amsterdam Admirals headcoach was brought in by the Titans organisation mid trainingcamp in order to get Young fixed (a feat he pulled before for the Titans with Steve McNair). Sounds like Young is in deep deep trouble.

Rumor has it that Bart Andrus, former Amsterdam Admirals headcoach was brought in by the Titans organisation mid trainingcamp in order to get Young fixed (a feat he pulled before for the Titans with Steve McNair). Sounds like Young is in deep deep trouble.

Ouch...No little Vinces.

The Titans don't F around I guess...

More rumors this morning that nobody was able to contact VY after the game and the police were called to track him down. Apparently, they found him and he was invited to a late night pow-wow at Titan HQ.

No solid info yet...just getting this from a post from a Nashville local on another site.