Were you with me in bashing DJ for benching Losman?

wrt losmn:

every one who is a fan or a guy who covers the nfl in some way feels that losman stinks. the only exceptions are an ever diminishing group of bag handlers who feel that jp is a delicate flower of qb wonderment who was broken by the harsh hands of the buffalo front office.

If you're right then he'll be retiring at the end of the season. No QB who "stinks" will make an NFL roster. I'll take the opinion of the other 32 teams front offices before I consider that of every fan, guys that cover the NFL or especially you.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BINGO.

I'll wait until the end of the season before I will evaluate the capabilities of Trent Edwards before passing judgement off on him.

What I'm looking for is any quarterback that isn't "just serviceable" but can actually elevate the players around him and be able to march the offense up the field and score TDs. I want Buffalo to have its own Tom Brady, Brett Favre, Peyton Manning, etc.

not a Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson type that won't lose you games but won't win you any either.

Agree. Way to soon to come to any conclusion on the guy.

Riiiiiiiight.

This smacks of "I told you so" armchair quarterbacking.

How do the words "I can honestly say I was wrong about that one" equate to "I told you so"? <_<

I didnt get that either. This looks like a thread saying that you think Jauron made a good decision in making Trent the starter because he looks a lot better than JP ever looked yesterday and you want to admit you were wrong.

I jumped off the JP bandwagon after the Jerksonville game last year. The game where it was do or die for him. TE has a better grasp of reading defenses and a much quicker release. He wasn't sharp in the start of the game yesterday but looked much better as the game went on. I think the upside on this kid is huge.

Personally I think they both suck.

Sorry but Edwards was not impressive yesterday. He should thank God for a defense that held Seattle in Check while he missed open receivers and gave Brian Moorman all the work he could handle.

Against a potent offense which will score against our defense, his inadequacies will be exposed.

As for JP, well what can I say, the dude has had his shot on numerous occasion and under performed.

Like the guy but its time to move on

When Losman got hurt last year, and DJ decided to bench him based on 2 poor games after a pretty solid 2006 season, and one decent performance from Edwards against the Jests...I know I wasn't the only one flinging my excrement around. I believed in Losman after '06, and I didn't have much reason to believe in Edwards. Couldn't believe Jauron made that call to bench him for a ROOKIE after 2 bad games.

So right in the middle of the feel-good mood around here about where this team is headed with Edwards, I ask those of you who agreed (and as I recall it was more than half of us)...how do you feel about it now? If you could go back in time and change Jauron's decision, would you?

I can honestly say I was wrong about that one, and I'd leave it as is. Do others agree?

I still think you are an idiot

Sorry but Edwards was not impressive yesterday. He should thank God for a defense that held Seattle in Check while he missed open receivers and gave Brian Moorman all the work he could handle.

Against a potent offense which will score against our defense, his inadequacies will be exposed.

Right they still have a ways to go, but for the first time in a long time I personally have confidence that the team has potential and that Trent Edwards can be a good QB in this league.

Guest dog14787

As for JP, well what can I say, the dude has had his shot on numerous occasion and under performed.

With Tom Brady out, in my opinion TE is the best QB in the league. You guys can have your Tony Romo's and you big Ben's, I'll take TE over all of them. :lol:

Guest dog14787
I'll have whatever he's drinking.

That would be 30 year old 180 proof, taste like its fermented corn whiskey. :worthy:

Nawww, why because I know TE is going to be great?

What if I told you I can see into the future, kinda fuzzy, but I'm pretty doggon accurate at making out the picture. :lol:

Now picture this, Buffalo brings home a championship with TE at the helm. If I can narrow down the time line, I'll let ya know so we can all make a buck or two :lol:

That would be 30 year old 180 proof, taste like its fermented corn whiskey. :worthy:

Nawww, why because I know TE is going to be great?

What if I told you I can see into the future, kinda fuzzy, but I'm pretty doggon accurate at making out the picture. :lol:

Now picture this, Buffalo brings home a championship with TE at the healm. If I can narrow down the time line, I'll let ya know so we can all make a buck or two :lol:

At the "healm"? You can't even narrow down the language.

Guest dog14787
At the "healm"? You can't even narrow down the language.

:lol: I'm not messing with you DC Tom, I'll just take my medicine and spell a little better next time.

How do the words "I can honestly say I was wrong about that one" equate to "I told you so"? :lol:

I screwed up, skimmed your original post and jumped to an incorrect conclusion about what you were saying. My apologies.

I didnt get that either. This looks like a thread saying that you think Jauron made a good decision in making Trent the starter because he looks a lot better than JP ever looked yesterday and you want to admit you were wrong.

I jumped off the JP bandwagon after the Jerksonville game last year. The game where it was do or die for him. TE has a better grasp of reading defenses and a much quicker release. He wasn't sharp in the start of the game yesterday but looked much better as the game went on. I think the upside on this kid is huge.

See above.

You are one grumpy fan.

Both our QBs suck.....

You've made it clear that Poz is not going to be any good.....How Did Our Future Hall of Famer Paul Poz Play?, Only asking Nicely

And you don't like anyone on our D-Line....D-line bash

I'm glad that your oppinions are going to be shown to be so very, very wrong this year.

Go Bills!!!

Guest dog14787
Did you happen to see Aaron Rogers play tonight?

I seen the throw Aaron Rogers made into the endzone, I had to do a double take on it, not sure any other QB in the league makes that throw, it just wasn't natural.

He did run Brett Favre out of town and now we know why.

I know theres allot of good QB's out there, even a couple of great ones, I just think ours is the greatest because for one, he's a Buffalo Bill , and two, he's that good. :lol:

I still think you are an idiot

I still think if you said that to my face, I'd make sure you never made that mistake again. Keep flexing your e-penis, buddy.

I screwed up, skimmed your original post and jumped to an incorrect conclusion about what you were saying. My apologies.

Thank you. We don't get enough of that around here.

Funny, I gave up on him at the exact same time. He got himself another start due to Edwards' injury, and it came on the road against a great team in a game that would have been a HUGE boost to our playoff chances. This was the biggest game of his career: a good game and a win could have gotten him the job back for good. And I think he even said something during the week in admission that it was a big game for him personally. And he completely laid an egg. One of the worst games of his career. Thats when I said, "Thats it. Lets see what the other kid's got."

Thing about Edwards is, he also thought he stunk yesterday. That's why I like him more than I like JP. JP would have thought that was a good day.

Against the Seahawks, Trent Edwards completed 63% of his passes, averaging 7.2 yards per attempt, and achieving a QB rating of 95.8. He took only one sack, had zero interceptions, and threw a TD pass. Not bad for a guy who was a little rusty from a lack of preseason play, going up against a good Seattle defense.

Still think JP should be the starter. Watching TE's bomb come up short on Evans last week had me seriously bummed.

Even if TE progresses rapidly I just don't think he is going to hold up in the NFL. JP may take half or more of the snaps this year. And won't ware gloves in Cleveland.

Sorry to be negative, but that is how I feel. Game 'managers' drive me nuts, because to win with one you must have an exceptional team in all other respects. I think TE is a recipe for 'almost, but no cigar', and a perfect starter/reflection of a mediocrity at head coach.

Show me I'm wrong Trent. And never were a pair of isotomers in snow again...ever...