Without Brady Pats look pretty average

truth on hold

- They have a great WR (Moss) and a very good situational WR and return man (Welker)

- I don't like their RBs

- They have a good TE (Watson)

- Their QB is unproven and his only memorable appearance was getting a quick hook after nearly blowing a big lead against Miami last year when spelling Brady

- They have an Oline that seems to be getting weaker (wasted in Super Bowl, allowed season ending hit on Brady)

- They have an aging defense that let them down big time in the Super Bowl and AFC Championship 2 years ago

- Their kicking games are adequate, but nothing special

Without Brady this is a team I respect but do not fear.

- They have a great WR (Moss) and a very good situational WR and return man (Welker)

- I don't like their RBs

- Their QB is unproven and his only memorable appearance was getting a quick hook after nearly blowing a big lead against Miami last year when spelling Brady

- They have an Oline that seems to be getting weaker (wasted in Super Bowl, allowed season ending hit on Brady)

- They have an aging defense that let them down big time in the Super Bowl and AFC Championship 2 years ago

Without Brady this is a team I respect but do not fear.

Plus teams are/were going to be bringing the pressure on Brady after that Super Bowl loss. I'm sure the tape of that was a hot commodity this summer.

Plus teams are/were going to be bringing the pressure on Brady after that Super Bowl loss. I'm sure the tape of that was a hot commodity this summer.

The idea of putting pressure on a QB is not new. It's just that the Giants were the only team able to do it. EVERY team wants to pressure a QB!!

- I don't like their RBs

Without Brady this is a team I respect but do not fear.They are below average on defense with a very average LB corp and dismal secondary.They are going down and going down hard. :angry:

And if Bowe catches the friggin ball in the endzone, they are in OT yesterday against the worst team in football.

Or if Devard Darling was able to get away from the defense...

Too early to write them off entirely, but they take a big step back w/o Brady.

Agreed. Remember Bledsoe became the next Wally Pipp when Brady took over. Not saying Cassel is capable of being Lou Gehrig, but we really don't know what he's capable of. We only have the Miami game last year and this year's preseason to go on, and that's not much.

That said, E$PN was saying this morning that the Patriots* were going to bring in Chris Simms and Tim Rattay for a look-see. :angry:

I seriously doubt that they stick with Cassells as a starter for the year. My guess is that Simms will be signed, and Bellichek will lean on the D more than he had to last year.

Predictions aside - the hit on Brady did not look dirty, but I did a flashback to the hit on JP last year, which was definitely a cheap shot and looked worse on film...I'd never root for anyone to get injured, but it does have a poetic justice-type element to it.

I seriously doubt that they stick with Cassells as a starter for the year. My guess is that Simms will be signed, and Bellichek will lean on the D more than he had to last year.

Predictions aside - the hit on Brady did not look dirty, but I did a flashback to the hit on JP last year, which was definitely a cheap shot and looked worse on film...I'd never root for anyone to get injured, but it does have a poetic justice-type element to it.

Haha now they're DOOOOOOOOOOOMED!

all strong points.

imo with brady there were gonna be off this year, 10 or 11 wins. without him and with the target sign on their backs they are looking at 6 or 7.

remember the vikings after they didn't make the superbowl due to losing in OT to the falcons? i think that team was like a 7 win team, and frankly was better than the pats are this year.

They're a leap above the Texans, the Dolphins, and the Bengals for sure.

Beyond that, we'll see. I'm sure they'll finish with 6 or 10 wins. Def, not the worst team in the AFC.

Yeah, I'm a little surprised b/c i really thought the Ravens were one of the worst teams (which sort of...they still are) and people were overrating Cincy, but I still thought Cincy was going to handle them easily.

:angry:

Marvin Lewis is a man in trouble.

What are the odds now that Moss loses interest. I don't think he'll play as hard for Casell. The Randy Moss I've seen won't.

Depends on how things go the next few weeks. If they start losing games and he is getting fewer looks, that is certainly a possibility.