Is McCargo officially a bust?

DDD

McCargo was inactive for the game, a healthy scratch which is a HUGE red flag. Not good for a 1st rounder in his 3rd season. Can you asy Mike Williams? :P Fortunately, Stroud looks to be a great addition who had a huge game today. I also liked Spencer Johnson. I didn't realize he was so big and looks to be a very solid rotational DT. I give Jauron props...he will play the best players regardless of draft position. :devil:

I guess the rumor that he is on the trade block may increase now.

For who/what?

I still think McCargo can be a very good player and hope they get a near starter in return. I guess we need another LB but they looked awful good today. Would rather have an upgrade at Center.

To the thread's initial question: Yes, I think the verdict is in and he's a bust. 1st round pick a healthy scratch to open year three? This new defense plays hungry, and that's not a word anyone has applied to McCargo's play. I too, saw big moments from him last year so he'll be back up strength. When's the last time the Bills deactivated a healthy DL?

Have all you football experts given up on McCargo just like you gave up on Youboty a month ago? All it takes is ONE FREAKING INJURY to any of our DT's for McCargo to be back in the regular rotation.

By the way, I have yet to see any solid confirmation of these McCargo trade rumors.

To the thread's initial question: Yes, I think the verdict is in and he's a bust. 1st round pick a healthy scratch to open year three? This new defense plays hungry, and that's not a word anyone has applied to McCargo's play. I too, saw big moments from him last year so he'll be back up strength. When's the last time the Bills deactivated a healthy DL?

week 17 of last season

I'm not a McCargo basher, and believe we'll need him this week in the Florida heat and quite a few more occasions before the season is over. However, it completely baffles me when I hear the "flashes of brilliance" and the word "dominating" to describe his play. All I've seen is a quick first step and burst when he is UNBLOCKED. He may have led the team in tackles for loss but not one of them did he physically beat his man with a nice move, pure power, or any move for that matter. Like I said, we're gonna need him in Jax this week and later on against heavy run teams but someone let me know the first time he blows up an offensive lineman across from him because I haven't seen it happen yet.

He was inactive because Bryan and Denney play special teams and he doesn't. I expect him to be in there next week, too, because of the heat. But we have to be happy with the play of Spencer Johnson, which I expected, and Kyle Williams, which I didn't. Williams was pushing back OL at times like I have never seen before. Maybe the coaches were right about him.

He was inactive because Bryan and Denney play special teams and he doesn't. I expect him to be in there next week, too, because of the heat. But we have to be happy with the play of Spencer Johnson, which I expected, and Kyle Williams, which I didn't. Williams was pushing back OL at times like I have never seen before. Maybe the coaches were right about him.

Imagine that a Coach knows more then Message Board posters. Amazing!!!!!!!!!

McCargo was inactive for the game, a healthy scratch which is a HUGE red flag. Not good for a 1st rounder in his 3rd season. Can you asy Mike Williams? :sick: Fortunately, Stroud looks to be a great addition who had a huge game today. I also liked Spencer Johnson. I didn't realize he was so big and looks to be a very solid rotational DT. I give Jauron props...he will play the best players regardless of draft position. :angry:

McCargo is rounding third and heading for home. But you have to look at your batting average. No team is immune from bad picks. The question is do you hit more home runs than whiffs? If McCargo is your only turd in the last three seasons, we're doing pretty damn good. And please don't cry the blues because we traded up into the first round for him. In the end it doesn't matter how you acquire a player. Would you complain if your 1st rounder is a bust and every player after makes the Pro Bowl?

PTR