Is McCargo officially a bust?

DDD

Well, they were very wrong about Kyle Williams for two years before this one. :angry: They were wrong about Tripplet. They were wrong about Tim Anderson.

Tripplett didn't work out sure i will give you that. Anderson was an expendable backup. He was cut by the Bills in week 5 of last year or something.

As far as Kyle Williams is considered i think he was lost in the mess of the DL. He has played the Nose Tackle until this year. Nose Tackles typically take on 2 blockers most of the game. So yeah his stats haven't been great which is what most people look at and consider him a bust if he isn't making sacks and stuff. Kyle Williams has been a dependable consistent player the last two years. Doens't make mistakes but doesn't make eye popping plays either. At least until this year. The addition of Stroud has changed everything for this defense.

Kyle Williams isn't Marcus Stroud who can take on two players and still make plays. But in a one on one situation Kyle will make a ton of plays. He is short and stocky which allows him to get up underneath people.

And please don't cry the blues because we traded up into the first round for him. In the end it doesn't matter how you acquire a player. Would you complain if your 1st rounder is a bust and every player after makes the Pro Bowl?

Of course it matters what we gave up to acquire a player!

When you give up a high 2nd and a high 3rd for a player in a deep draft, he better be good. The Chargers traded up for Eric Weddle and were criticized for giving up such a large sum -- but he's a starter and has played very well.

I guess the rumor that he is on the trade block may increase now.

I don't understand the trade block angle. Who want's an overweight under-achieving DT?...oh wait, maybe Matt Millen in Detroit is interested. :angry:

Have all you football experts given up on McCargo just like you gave up on Youboty a month ago? All it takes is ONE FREAKING INJURY to any of our DT's for McCargo to be back in the regular rotation.

By the way, I have yet to see any solid confirmation of these McCargo trade rumors.

McKinley,

I just hope you are right and the light goes on for McCargo the way it did for Yuboty (although it would not shock me to see a trade this week with him being inactive...I mean...a FIRST ROUND PICK?)

Here is another thought to consider.....it seems that all the coaches comments are leading to "motivation" problems......what better way to light a fire under a talented but unmotivated 1st round pick by embarrising him and putting him on the inactive list?

He might come out next week and have 5 sacks.....who knows?

Have all you football experts given up on McCargo just like you gave up on Youboty a month ago? All it takes is ONE FREAKING INJURY to any of our DT's for McCargo to be back in the regular rotation.

By the way, I have yet to see any solid confirmation of these McCargo trade rumors.

Youboty wasn't 1st round pick the Bills traded UP to get.

McKinley,

I just hope you are right and the light goes on for McCargo the way it did for Yuboty (although it would not shock me to see a trade this week with him being inactive...I mean...a FIRST ROUND PICK?)

Here is another thought to consider.....it seems that all the coaches comments are leading to "motivation" problems......what better way to light a fire under a talented but unmotivated 1st round pick by embarrising him and putting him on the inactive list?

He might come out next week and have 5 sacks.....who knows?

That's what worries me most about McCargo. That he might NEED motivation in the first place. Apparently that's been a problem for him since high school. That's worrisome. All the talent in the world won't make a bit of difference if you just don't care enough. I'd like to think that sitting him WILL motivate him but I'm not convinced. Great pros motivate themselves. I think he lacks that internally. Hope I'm wrong.

GO BILLS!!!

He was inactive because Bryan and Denney play special teams and he doesn't. I expect him to be in there next week, too, because of the heat. But we have to be happy with the play of Spencer Johnson, which I expected, and Kyle Williams, which I didn't. Williams was pushing back OL at times like I have never seen before. Maybe the coaches were right about him.

Thats what i think. the inactives have to come from somewhere

Of course it matters what we gave up to acquire a player!

When you give up a high 2nd and a high 3rd for a player in a deep draft, he better be good. The Chargers traded up for Eric Weddle and were criticized for giving up such a large sum -- but he's a starter and has played very well.

Yeah, he fooled Marc & Co by playing on a good college team with other D-liners who were stars.

He showed some last year, but has looked horrible in pre-season games. Suppose he could go either way, turn it on or give up on football.

I hope it's the former.