Please don't forget

Frez

I dont worry about the weather factor, thats something he will get used to when he plays in it more. Hasselback didnt look good either and he always plays in rainy weather.

I look at the #'s and the outcome. Solid #'s & a win, case closed.

Plus it helps when the OL protects him. Bravo to Kirk Chambers, solid game against a solid DL.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Early in the game the weather was not a real factor and most of his passes were overthrows. Since this was the 1st real game of the season and he had limited preseason play looked to me more like the adrenaline was kicking in.

it cant be that...........

we must put JP in now........ :angry:

Hasselbeck plays in Seattle where it rains all the time, and he didn't look good either. Plus Edwards only played in 6 offensive series in the pre-season, so a little rust is to be expected.

Rust,nerves and weather made for a poor outing for TE in the first half.As he gets more playing time he will get more comfortable and i believe he will be a priemer qb in the NFl :angry:

I can't believe all you Trent appologists. Buffalo has MUCH BETTER receivers & O-line than Seattle did for this game. It would not supprise me if Evans makes the Pro Bowl :angry:

Yes. I apologize for Trent completing his last 18 of 24 attempts.

NOBODY predicted we'd have the better Oline going into the game. Nobody.

If Evans makes the Pro Bowl it will have MOST to do with Edwards' ability to get him the ball in the best spots to do something with it. The Oline and Turk's schemes will be the biggest influence on Edwards' ability to do that as the season wears on.

But stop with the 'Edwards apologist' BS already. It's way beyond old.

Hint: Edwards will suck at times even when the weather is ideal.

GO BILLS!!!

If Evans makes the Pro Bowl it will have MOST to do with Edwards' ability to get him the ball in the best spots to do something with it. The Oline and Turk's schemes will be the biggest influence on Edwards' ability to do that as the season wears on.

GO BILLS!!!

Trent has looked good when the weather is good or in a dome. Why can't you admit Trent looked like sh-- in the rain, & has NEVER YET looked even half way decent in poor weather? If you are not concerned about this you are a fool.

GO BILLS!!!

As a JP supporter, I will say I was really pleased with Trent's performance. It came with have a great O-line and the special teams putting him in a position to win but Trent didn't make any mistakes that would have set the team back.

And that strike to Royal was a thing of beauty.

GO BILLS!!! INDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!

GO BILLS!!!

I think that Trent made that line look better yesterday. His pocket awareness was great. There were times when if JP was in there, he would have felt the pressure and tried to run in either direction to get away. Trent just stepped up and let the pressure fold around behind him, gaining himself about a second/second and 1/2.

Trent has looked good when the weather is good or in a dome. Why can't you admit Trent looked like sh-- in the rain, & has NEVER YET looked even half way decent in poor weather? If you are not concerned about this you are a fool.

Most QBs excel in pouring rain right?

although i think your son was the better President, i'd agree. trent's issues today were more about hitting the target than near-interceptions. there was the one play where he tried to hit marshawn, threw it high, the ball bounced off marshawn's hands and was kinda sorta nearly (but not really nearly) picked. can't recall many others. he certainly got better as the day went on, and threw some very nice passes (royal for the td at the goal line) that showed touch as well.

High marks for the late 18th and early 19th presidential reference. Probably a TSW first. Way to go! :angry:

lol @ all the lemmings parroting, "but HASSELBECK didn't do good!"

Hasselbeck was getting his brains beaten in the whole day, as evidenced by the 5 sacks plus numerous other hard hits. You can probably count the amount of times that Edwards hit the ground on one hand. Hasselbeck was playing with his 3rd 4th and 5th string receivers. Jeb Putzier himself had about 4 drops in the first half alone IIRC.

Our offensive 3rd down efficiency was 4-16 for the game... call me a complainer, but that's not going to get it done.

Edwards sucked in the first half because he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. In the second half, he redeemed himself. Quit making excuses for him.

lol @ all the lemmings parroting, "but HASSELBECK didn't do good!"

Hasselbeck was getting his brains beaten in the whole day, as evidenced by the 5 sacks plus numerous other hard hits. You can probably count the amount of times that Edwards hit the ground on one hand. Jeb Putzier himself had about 4 drops in the first half alone IIRC.

Edwards sucked in the first half because he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. In the second half, he redeemed himself. Quit making excuses for him.

I actually agree with both sides of the coin, so to speak. I was watching the game with a buddy of mine and after the first two or three throws from Edwards that missed the mark, we both looked at eachother like "what on earth is he trying to do out there??". We talked about it a little bit and we both agreed that it had to do with several different factors, ranging from Edwards being nervous for his first season opener start in the NFL to the rust factor from only throwing the ball approx 30 times in pre season action to the rain making the ball slippery and causing it to come out of his hand a little awkward. And yes, Hasselback also struggled throwing the ball in the 1st half. You can say what you want about the pressure he faced in the 1st half and about the #3 and #4 wr's he had as targets. He missed very badly on several throws when he did have time to throw the ball just like Edward's did and his passes got a little sharper when the rain died down, just like Edward's did. And it's a little funny that a lot of you keep harping on all the passes that the Seahawk receivers dropped in the 1st half but Bills wr's dropped their fair share of passes as well. I know the biggest drop came when Burleson dropped the wide open pass in the endzone but that one doesn't even bare weight in this thread because he caught the ball for a touchdown on the very next play.

* All things considered, we've seen Bledsoe, Flutie, Johnson, and even Jimbo look horrid throwing the ball at the Ralph in the rain, snow, and wind. I remember watching the cowboys play a game in the rain back in the mid 90's and they went into a taped interview with Aikman where he stated flat out that he hates throwing the ball in the rain and that not being able to throw his normal spiral made the ball miss the mark by several feet at times. This is probably something that Edwards went through yesterday. I firmly believe that as he plays more games in the elements he will learn how to better throw the ball and he will learn the throws that can and can not be made in said elements. No, he doesn't have a gun like Favre that can cut thur the wind and rain, but number one, Brett has been made to look like a fool at times when throwing the ball in bad weather (see Giants playoff game last year) and Edwards has only played in three such games in his young career. Give him time before you start passing such judgment about the kid.

Go Bills!!

And why can't you admit that bad weather conditions have made far better QBs than Edwards look worse? I won't go as far as to say you're a fool for being overly concerned about bad weather but just a little knowledge of the history of QB performances in bad weather, especially at the Ralph, would serve you well.

All QBs look like sh*t at times even in the best of conditions. Edwards is no different. I'm more concerned about his progression as a QB, regardless of weather conditions, than I am in his particular ability to play (read PASS) in bad conditions. There are going to be days at the Ralph when neither team will be able to throw the ball. It's happened many times before. That's where being a better QB than passer comes into play. Or can't you appreciate the difference between a QB and a passer? Are you familiar with the distinction? If not, ok. If you are then who's the bigger fool?

GO BILLS!!!

And why can't you admit that bad weather conditions have made far better QBs than Edwards look worse? I won't go as far as to say you're a fool for being overly concerned about bad weather but just a little knowledge of the history of QB performances in bad weather, especially at the Ralph, would serve you well.

All QBs look like sh*t at times even in the best of conditions. Edwards is no different. I'm more concerned about his progression as a QB, regardless of weather conditions, than I am in his particular ability to play (read PASS) in bad conditions. There are going to be days at the Ralph when neither team will be able to throw the ball. It's happened many times before. That's where being a better QB than passer comes into play. Or can't you appreciate the difference between a QB and a passer? Are you familiar with the distinction? If not, ok. If you are then who's the bigger fool?

GO BILLS!!!

I have knowledge of QB play @ the Ralph. I had season tickets from the day it was built until I moved to Fla in 84, & always try to get to a game when I'm in Buffalo during the season. JP has played in the weather in Buffalo for four years, yet with all the criticism of him on this board, I can't remember 1 post calling him out for poor play in bad weather. Trents POOR play in bad weather should be a concern for all Bills fans weather you want to admit it or not.

I have knowledge of QB play @ the Ralph. I had season tickets from the day it was built until I moved to Fla in 84, & always try to get to a game when I'm in Buffalo during the season. JP has played in the weather in Buffalo for four years, yet with all the criticism of him on this board, I can't remember 1 post calling him out for poor play in bad weather. Trents POOR play in bad weather should be a concern for all Bills fans weather you want to believe it or not.

Eli Manning looked worse then Trent and actually had a lower QB rating when the Giants and The bills played in the pouring rain last season at the Ralph. One of those qb's went on to lead his team to a super bowl that year. Any idea which one that was?

Relax brother. Anyone not used to playing in the rain/snow is probably going to look like s h i t the first few times until they get used to it.

I have knowledge of QB play @ the Ralph. I had season tickets from the day it was built until I moved to Fla in 84, & always try to get to a game when I'm in Buffalo during the season. JP has played in the weather in Buffalo for four years, yet with all the criticism of him on this board, I can't remember 1 post calling him out for poor play in bad weather. Trents POOR play in bad weather should be a concern for all Bills fans weather you want to admit it or not.

What about Trent's poor play in nice weather? Should that be as big a concern? Should it have been a concern when QBs from Namath to Bradshaw to Marino to Elway ALL played like crap in bad weather at times? Should it have been a concern when EVERY QB WHO EVER PLAYED THE GAME played like crap regardless of the weather at various times?

As I said and what you can't seem to grasp is that I'm more concerned with Trent's ability to QUARTERBACK in bad weather than I am with his ability to simply PASS in bad weather. It's obvious you don't get the distinction regardless of your status as an 11 year season-ticket holder.

And why bother mentioning JP at all? What about his bad play in good weather, then? He's been called out on that before. But as long as he can sling it in the wind, rain, and snow it's somehow relevant to the discussion of Edwards' maturation as a QB? I'm glad JP is a great PASSER. What we need is a great QB.

GO BILLS!!!

JP is an all-weather poor player. He's like a poor-player Jeep Wrangler. Can't get it done no matter what the conditions.

What about Trent's poor play in nice weather? Should that be as big a concern? Should it have been a concern when QBs from Namath to Bradshaw to Marino to Elway ALL played like crap in bad weather at times? Should it have been a concern when EVERY QB WHO EVER PLAYED THE GAME played like crap regardless of the weather at various times?

As I said and what you can't seem to grasp is that I'm more concerned with Trent's ability to QUARTERBACK in bad weather than I am with his ability to simply PASS in bad weather. It's obvious you don't get the distinction regardless of your status as an 11 year season-ticket holder.

And why bother mentioning JP at all? What about his bad play in good weather, then? He's been called out on that before. But as long as he can sling it in the wind, rain, and snow it's somehow relevant to the discussion of Edwards' maturation as a QB? I'm glad JP is a great PASSER. What we need is a great QB.

GO BILLS!!!

I agree what we need is a great QB ............A QB that can play well in BAD weather as well as good. I would not be concerned about Trent if he played bad a few plays, or even an entire game, but thus far he has been GOD AWFUL in EVERY Bad weather game he has played. That my fellow Bills fan is my concern.