Crowell now on IR

VABills

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Bills should have just outright cut him.You dont wait until the season opener to tell them youve decided to have surgury.Id be very surprised if Crowell is on this team next season.Enjoy your schitt pie Crowell.Just my 2 cents

Considering that this is the last year of his contract....

I wouldn't even reach an injury settlement with him, at the risk that he sign with Miami, the Jests or the P*ts and tries to hurt us twice a year. I don't know if it's possible (due to the IR) but I'd try to trade him out west - let him enjoy playing for the Raiders or 49ers.

It's all a matter of perspective. I think Crowell tried to go all through the off season with a bad knee and then felt it wasn't worth his entire career to not take care of it with a simple scope. A scope for Ch***sake. That's 4 weeks on the outside.

I don't understand why the team put him on IR. This is just a pissing contest initiated by the front office. The guy up to this point has been a team player. Makes no sense whatsoever to end his season.

If he kills his knee and ends his career - I'd be upset at myself, if I was him, to not take care of it with a simple procedure.

The Merriman thing - that's a whole other ball of wax. He is one hit or a bad knife away from being done - for good.

C

It's all a matter of perspective. I think Crowell tried to go all through the off season with a bad knee and then felt it wasn't worth his entire career to not take care of it with a simple scope. A scope for Ch***sake. That's 4 weeks on the outside.

I don't understand why the team put him on IR. This is just a pissing contest initiated by the front office. The guy up to this point has been a team player. Makes no sense whatsoever to end his season.

If he kills his knee and ends his career - I'd be upset at myself, if I was him, to not take care of it with a simple procedure.

The Merriman thing - that's a whole other ball of wax. He is one hit or a bad knife away from being done - for good.

C

the team did not initiate this, Crowell pulled a move that is not something a team player would do ( 4 days before opener--- "sorry guys i'm not playing") and the team said fine, you wanna F#VK us over, guess what, now you are on the IR ---- The front office did not initiate this

try again

the team did not initiate this, Crowell pulled a move that is not something a team player would do ( 4 days before opener--- "sorry guys i'm not playing") and the team said fine, you wanna F#VK us over, guess what, now you are on the IR ---- The front office did not initiate this

try again

The guy thought he could play through it, and changed his mind. Either way, he would have been back on the field in 4 weeks and in a contract year he would've been determined to come back with a vengeance. The fact that the team hasn't offered an explanation to the contrary is telling, cause if they had one, it can't hurt to mkae it public. The only reason they wouldn't let us in on their line of thinking is if its something they know we wouldn't want to hear.

I was responding to a poster who called Crowel "dumb" and accused him of letting down his team. He did so based on the same lack of information you lament. Can I be critical of posters who leap to conclusions on insufficient evidence too or do only you have that right?

As for the facts, we do know it was a contract year for Crowel so I have no problem believing that he wouldn't endanger arguably the most important year in his career needlessly. We also know he met with team doctors first so however it went down, he made sure to get advice from the team's docs first.

Based on that, I don't see any problem mocking a post that goes after Crowel as being stupid or not a team player.

I did state that my post was not a fact, just based on information that I was given from a person on Marzo's staff. I was simply offering a different angle that I had not heard anyone bring up yet. I never called crowell "dumb" or "stupid". I am just saying based on when the bills team doctor does the bills surguries, its entirely possible that Crowell went to his own doctor for the procedure, without consulting the bills. This would obviously piss off the organization. If you watch the video done after practice it seems like no one on the team or coaching staff expected him to miss practice. If he was having surgury in the morning with the team doctors I think the organization would have to sign off on it, much less know about it. The doctors work for the organization, I doubt a player can walk in and demand a procedure without the consent of the team.

The guy thought he could play through it, and changed his mind. Either way, he would have been back on the field in 4 weeks and in a contract year he would've been determined to come back with a vengeance. The fact that the team hasn't offered an explanation to the contrary is telling, cause if they had one, it can't hurt to mkae it public. The only reason they wouldn't let us in on their line of thinking is if its something they know we wouldn't want to hear.

The team offered an explination as to why, with only 5 healthy LB's they needed to add someone and they didn't want to have to cut someone else to do it. If he was really going to comeback with and be a force he should have followed up with the issues on his knee early in training camp and that way when the regular season rolled around he would have been ready to go-- not this whole big screw you to the team by opting for a procedure 4 days before the start of the regular season. That is not being a team player and I have no problem with the team putting him on the IR, called it revenge or whatever it will show him, this isn't all about himself.

Guest dog14787
The team offered an explination as to why, with only 5 healthy LB's they needed to add someone and they didn't want to have to cut someone else to do it. If he was really going to comeback with and be a force he should have followed up with the issues on his knee early in training camp and that way when the regular season rolled around he would have been ready to go-- not this whole big screw you to the team by opting for a procedure 4 days before the start of the regular season. That is not being a team player and I have no problem with the team putting him on the IR, called it revenge or whatever it will show him, this isn't all about himself.

We don't know for sure why Crowell waited, but it could be as the season drew near his knee became more of an issue with him. Sure, being discouraged about something could have helped in the decision, still he may have thought his knee would be fairing a little better then it was fairing and opted to have the surgery because of it.

It would be nice not to burn our bridges with a doggon good player, and the same goes for Peter's.

Its not whats best for Peter's that should be concerning our front office as far as negotiating goes, its whats best for the Buffalo Bills.

Pay the man what he f$%#ing deserves, he's one of the best, its as simple as that, geeesh :w00t:

We need Jason Peter's back yesterday and its BS that the front office isn't getting the job done, so we finally may have found our answer at QB, so lets just bury our head in the sand with Jason Peter's and hope the issue solves itself :w00t:

Meanwhile TE gets splattered on the field and then what :lol:

Maybe we should have done more to protect TE, doggonit :doh:

Big test of that this Sunday.

Ole Dick would say it was a complete surprise to him that the QB needed protection. And that he would have to evaluate it in the off season given that fact that he had no time to prepare in the preseason.

Crowell seeking 2nd opinion

Today

Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 12:40 PM ET | Link

CROWELL SEEKING SECOND OPINION: According to Bills head coach Dick Jauron, LB Angelo Crowell still has not has surgery on his injured knee as he's seeking a second opinion.

That still doesn't change his status of being on injured reserve. His 2008 season is effectively over.

---

What the heck is going on? Now he might not even get the surgery? Sounds either like the surgery is more major, or Crowell is now hoping to get released/injury settlement kind of thing like we did with Troy Vincent.

OK, but come on - can anyone say Costanzo (sp?) is a better player than Crowell? I'll bet dollars to donuts that he would have come back better than what he is/was. Plus the meat of our schedule doesn't start until week 6! I like Brandon - but they just cut their noses off to spite their face.

Read the updated IR piece on buffalobills.com They guy was/is a team captain and was trying hard to get his knee better. Yeah, that reads a**hole in my book. :w00t:

C

OK, but come on - can anyone say Costanzo (sp?) is a better player than Crowell? I'll bet dollars to donuts that he would have come back better than what he is/was. Plus the meat of our schedule doesn't start until week 6! I like Brandon - but they just cut their noses off to spite their face.

Read the updated IR piece on buffalobills.com They guy was/is a team captain and was trying hard to get his knee better. Yeah, that reads a**hole in my book. :w00t:

C

still choosing to have a procedure done 4 days before the season starts doesn't read team player to me

still choosing to have a procedure done 4 days before the season starts doesn't read team player to me

At any rate, the assumption that this was a vindictive decision by Bills management is based on nothing more than air. I for one do not believe that Crowell is some bad guy, nor do I believe that Brandon is sitting in a darkened room, waxing his mustache for easier twirling... I do think that Crowell has some knee problems that raise questions about his long-term availability, and it is a shame that he waited until now to address them.

Crowell seeking 2nd opinion

Today

Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 12:40 PM ET | Link

CROWELL SEEKING SECOND OPINION: According to Bills head coach Dick Jauron, LB Angelo Crowell still has not has surgery on his injured knee as he's seeking a second opinion.

That still doesn't change his status of being on injured reserve. His 2008 season is effectively over.

---

What the heck is going on? Now he might not even get the surgery? Sounds either like the surgery is more major, or Crowell is now hoping to get released/injury settlement kind of thing like we did with Troy Vincent.

Sounds like he guessed the Bills would just care the dead spot for as many weeks as necessary and when he found out he was going to be IR'ed he thought maybe I could play and decided to go with another angle - lawsuit or protest with NFLPA.

At any rate, the assumption that this was a vindictive decision by Bills management is based on nothing more than air. I for one do not believe that Crowell is some bad guy, nor do I believe that Brandon is sitting in a darkened room, waxing his mustache for easier twirling... I do think that Crowell has some knee problems that raise questions about his long-term availability, and it is a shame that he waited until now to address them.

Agreed, i just have a hard time with people who still want to call him a team player when he does something like this. Mistakes were made by both sides and it is unfortunate. However to me, Crowell took on a me first attitude and left the team hanging