Missing Family Member?

blzrul

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know who seems conspicuously absent in the McCain/Palin fambly photos is that brown child McCain adopted that cost him the Deep South vote in 2000.

Anyone seen her?

I assume you are refering to Bridget, the girl from the Bangladeshi orphanage.

Reminds me of Obama's race against Alan Keyes, which got pretty ugly. Putting aside the fact that Keyes had no real Illiinois connection, certain quarters didn't approve of a black man marrying marrying an Indian woman...

Actually, she was seated next to her mother, Cindy McCain, at the convention last night.

Now STFU

Yeah..STFU...only the Bush campaign is allowed to drag a candidate's children into a campaign for political advantage. How dare you.

Yeah..STFU...only the Bush campaign is allowed to drag a candidate's children into a campaign for political advantage. How dare you.

Besides the Palin speech tonight which brought "one member who is serving, one who will be joining on Sept. 11", "my husband who is a snowmobile champ, has eskimo heritage", "my parents" and on and on. So she can bring her family when she perceives it portrays her as a strong family. But others cannot bring up the issues about her pregnant daughter ? I am strongly against bringing family to smear a candidate but it works both ways - don't bring them in to bolster your position either.

I hated Guiliani's divisive speach and Palin's tough talk based on flimsy credentials.

Besides the Palin speech tonight which brought "one member who is serving, one who will be joining on Sept. 11", "my husband who is a snowmobile champ, has eskimo heritage", "my parents" and on and on. So she can bring her family when she perceives it portrays her as a strong family. But others cannot bring up the issues about her pregnant daughter ? I am strongly against bringing family to smear a candidate but it works both ways - don't bring them in to bolster your position either.

I hated Guiliani's divisive speach and Palin's tough talk based on flimsy credentials.

Perhaps I read wrong, but the original poster was asking about McCain's "brown" child. I answered that she's not being hidden like it was suggested.

For once, this thread ISN'T about Palin and her family of heathens.

Perhaps I read wrong, but the original poster was asking about McCain's "brown" child. I answered that she's not being hidden like it was suggested.

For once, this thread ISN'T about Palin and her family of heathens.

You can say that again! :angry::wallbash:

And heathen is a little strong... Redneck family values is a little better...

And yes... 95% of the time I am joking... Just enjoying the shoe being on the other foot.

FWIW... I can give a flying eff what happens in her private life... It just that for the Repubs, karma is quite a b*tch.

You are way off base here. Her family has the right to enjoy this moment and share it with her. Their personal issues are just that - personal. It is none of (y)our business. And no - it doesn't work both ways. Gov. Palin has not done anything even remotely inappropriate with respect to her family. If she is benefiting in some small way from her family - so be it. LET IT GO.

No one is going to vote for her because she has 5 kids. She is allowed to be proud of her family w/o a bunch of jackasses chiming in about "well, it is all fair game now...". Every person has that right. Obama, Clinton, Bush, Palin, you, me... it doesn't matter. Let them introduce their families and present them as they wish and let it go. It will be ok.

You are way off base here. Her family has the right to enjoy this moment and share it with her. Their personal issues are just that - personal. It is none of (y)our business. And no - it doesn't work both ways. Gov. Palin has not done anything even remotely inappropriate with respect to her family. If she is benefiting in some small way from her family - so be it. LET IT GO.

No one is going to vote for her because she has 5 kids. She is allowed to be proud of her family w/o a bunch of jackasses chiming in about "well, it is all fair game now...". Every person has that right. Obama, Clinton, Bush, Palin, you, me... it doesn't matter. Let them introduce their families and present them as they wish and let it go. It will be ok.

Fair enough. But, bronze this post anyway forever.

But, I sure the hell wouldn't make the mistakes she has made... An believe it or not... There is a lot of similarity between some of the things she had to endure with her last child, 8 hours trips, what not with the family life I have had. And yes, I do fault her because they are very reckless and misguided choices she has made... Illogical choices.

Call me a jackass all you want... I find fault and some of these things touch home for me. I would never expose my family to that kind of peril.

I agree with Obama, families should not be an issue in the campaign. Many Presidential candidates have kept their children out of the limelight. It's because it can be more than a kid can deal with and I have absolutely no problem with that. The amount of exposure a child gets is up to the candidate and nobody else.

I agree with Obama, families should not be an issue in the campaign. Many Presidential candidates have kept their children out of the limelight. It's because it can be more than a kid can deal with and I have absolutely no problem with that. The amount of exposure a child gets is up to the candidate and nobody else.

I disagree... No quarter given... Both sides!

Remember Edmund Muskie and how they (Republicans) called his wife a whore. It was so bad that he broke down and cried for all to see. Well this is payback!

And on top of it this time... The truth hurts... Like I said, I have strong opinions on her family judgement... How is she going to lead this country if IMO she makes illogical choices.

I disagree... No quarter given... Both sides!

Remember Edmund Muskie and how they (Republicans) called his wife a whore. It was so bad that he broke down and cried for all to see. Well this is payback!

And on top of it this time... The truth hurts... Like I said, I have strong opinions on her family judgement... How is she going to lead this country if IMO she makes illogical choices.

When Chelsea Clinton was 13 and in the Whitehouse Rush Limpbaugh :thumbsup: had a TV show and he said "Does anyone have a picture of that dog in the Whitehouse?" A picture of Chelsea Clinton showed up on the screen behind him. That is even lower than I expected Rush to go. I know different now. That's when I not only lost the miniscule amount of respect I had for him but hatred began. The kid was only 13 a very fragile age for anyone. What a P. Rick :w00t:

Families should be out of bounds.

When Chelsea Clinton was 13 and in the Whitehouse Rush Limpbaugh :thumbsup: had a TV show and he said "Does anyone have a picture of that dog in the Whitehouse?" A picture of Chelsea Clinton showed up on the screen behind him. That is even lower than I expected Rush to go. I know different now. That's when I not only lost the miniscule amount of respect I had for him but hatred began. The kid was only 13 a very fragile age for anyone. What a P. Rick :w00t:

Families should be out of bounds.

I see your point... Yet, suffering teaches empathy. Chelsea is no worse for the wear. Now a girl getting pregnant at 17, IMO, does point to lower self-esteem.

My point... Sometimes if you clositer them away, what do they really learn... They sure as hell have a harder time learning any empathy for others.

When family members do not actively campaign for their mom/dad/husband/wife they should be off limits. But when they are put on stage to give speeches like Michelle Obama was, they are fair game. Just as Chelsea should have been off limits in the past, but this year she actively talked for her mother. Once they put themselves on stage, speak and campaign, anything they say and do becomes relevent.

Let me know when Cindy Mccain, or Palin husband start giving keynote campaign speeches. Or the daughters. Once they do all bets are off and ridicule and being called for hypocrisy is permitted.

I disagree. If family its off limits, it is off limits. You cannot use it according to your convenience. It is hypocritical to say otherwise. I am ready to let it go if the campaigns (and I make no distinction) stick to one line. Here is an article that explains in length what my reaction yesterday was:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/cvn_measure_of_...family_politics

And that is the last I am going to say on this topic in this thread.

When family members do not actively campaign for their mom/dad/husband/wife they should be off limits. But when they are put on stage to give speeches like Michelle Obama was, they are fair game. Just as Chelsea should have been off limits in the past, but this year she actively talked for her mother. Once they put themselves on stage, speak and campaign, anything they say and do becomes relevent.

Let me know when Cindy Mccain, or Palin husband start giving keynote campaign speeches. Or the daughters. Once they do all bets are off and ridicule and being called for hypocrisy is permitted.

Cindy McCain gave a speech.

Fine read what I said.

You don't think it was a keynote speech? Would you please look up the definition of "keynote speech"? Then listen to what Cindy said in her speech, then look at the RNC's speaking schedule for Monday, and then find out what the RNC's stated theme for day one was.