If she's such a bad choice

I predict she will do great tonight.

Absolutely she'll do great. A GOP fembot trotting out in front of party faithful reading from a script. I'm sure the "applause" sign will be getting a workout. And then she'll be sequestered from the press. Hard to look bad in that setting.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely she'll do great. A GOP fembot trotting out in front of party faithful reading from a script. I'm sure the "applause" sign will be getting a workout. And then she'll be sequestered from the press. Hard to look bad in that setting.

As it is at all the choreographed "rock star" events Obama puts on. Let's see him talk without a prompter. Dude's a lightweight.

As it is at all the choreographed "rock star" events Obama puts on. Let's see him talk without a prompter. Dude's a lightweight.

He's going into the depths of hell tomorrow, and will be on O'Reilly. That's not the actions of a campaign that's afraid to put their guy in front of a hostile, and some might even say deranged, interviewer. On the other side, McCain is blaming the media because he didn't vet his choice, and his campaign won't let anyone near her. We'll see which campaign really wants to talk to Americans, and which campaign wants to dupe them.

He's going into the depths of hell tomorrow, and will be on O'Reilly. That's not the actions of a campaign that's afraid to put their guy in front of a hostile, and some might even say deranged, interviewer. On the other side, McCain is blaming the media because he didn't vet his choice, and his campaign won't let anyone near her. We'll see which campaign really wants to talk to Americans, and which campaign wants to dupe them.

Pretty smart shrewd move by Obama, I think. Even Reilly basically admitted he is being used just now. Then said he had to take the offer because he wouldn't get another shot, and anyone would.

She will hit a home run tonight because she is a good speaker like BO (though she does say nuc u lar). But she's still a creationist evangelical nut. And I mean that in a bad way.

And Obama believes that women should be allowed to kill their infant in the womb (or out of it), so they are not "punished with a baby"

Who's the nut?

All will be answered with the debates....We'll know for sure if Obama isn't great without his teleprompter or if McCain is a senile old bastard. Let's jest see what happens.

Both use teleprompters. However, McCain does nothing but stare at them. You are right, we shall see.

Well, know we know why McCain didn't pick Carly or Meg. Brilliant woman, but hardly electrifying speakers. I feel like I'm in a board meeting listening to them.

Yeah, they were snoozers.

It's *possible* that they were told to intentionally toned down their speeches, to serve more as good lead-ins and not to overshadow the pick, whereas the also-rans had enough pull to play it as they chose... I don't know what goes on behind the scenes with convention speakers and assignments.

The evil media is fact-checking Pawlenty's Palin's speech because they hate women.

Washington Monthly

Here's a fun one.

Palin: "To the families of special-needs children all across this country, I have a message: For years, you sought to make America a more welcoming place for your sons and daughters. I pledge to you that if we are elected, you will have a friend and advocate in the White House."

[fact-check] Sarah Palin might have changed her mind on this one recently. However, a comment here notes that Palin actually slashed funding for schools for special needs kids by 62%. Budgets: FY 2007 (pre-Palin), 2008, 2009 (all pdfs).

I'm inclined to believe he'll be much better than Obama, given the way he's dealt with the media over the years.

Are you serious? How can you look at what just transpired over the past few days and think that McCain will be able to deal with the media. His whole campaign the last 48 hours has been anti-media and how they're out of bounds for "attacking" his VP choice. Jesus. All they've done is ask a few simple questions and point out Palin's lies, and his campaign is in a virtual media black-out.

Are you serious? How can you look at what just transpired over the past few days and think that McCain will be able to deal with the media. His whole campaign the last 48 hours has been anti-media and how they're out of bounds for "attacking" his VP choice. Jesus. All they've done is ask a few simple questions and point out Palin's lies, and his campaign is in a virtual media black-out.

I wonder if Palin will make the rounds on the Sunday talk shows?

Uh, yeah, I'm serious. McCain's interactions with the media during his time as a senator was to let them ask as many questions as they wanted, and he'd answer them, basically giving the media unlimited access. His experience in responding to reporter questions in such a fashion will help him tremendously in the debates (assuming he uses such a style). In contrast, Obama has, to my knowledge, always been scripted. He also wasn't very impressive in the Democratic primary debates.

A few weeks ago, the McCain campaign decided to reel him in, and have him respond only with answers they previously created, which I think is a fairly big mistake (and we're seeing the results in the Palin situation). At the very least, pissing off the media isn't a great way to gain favorable coverage.