If she's such a bad choice

Uh, yeah, I'm serious. McCain's interactions with the media during his time as a senator was to let them ask as many questions as they wanted, and he'd answer them, basically giving the media unlimited access. His experience in responding to reporter questions in such a fashion will help him tremendously in the debates (assuming he uses such a style). In contrast, Obama has, to my knowledge, always been scripted. He also wasn't very impressive in the Democratic primary debates.

A few weeks ago, the McCain campaign decided to reel him in, and have him respond only with answers they previously created, which I think is a fairly big mistake (and we're seeing the results in the Palin situation). At the very least, pissing off the media isn't a great way to gain favorable coverage.

He's right, prior to the Republicans getting a vice grip on him, McCain was an excellent interview. He's very candid, not afraid to answer questions and had a natural charm to him. Now he seems like a puppet for his handlers.

A lot of my American friends adored John McCain 4 years ago, when he was the 'Maverick'. I'm pretty sure the Maverick version of John McCain would win November's election because he wasn't afraid to speak his mind on the issues.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's right, prior to the Republicans getting a vice grip on him, McCain was an excellent interview. He's very candid, not afraid to answer questions and had a natural charm to him. Now he seems like a puppet for his handlers.

A lot of my American friends adored John McCain 4 years ago, when he was the 'Maverick'. I'm pretty sure the Maverick version of John McCain would win November's election because he wasn't afraid to speak his mind on the issues.

I would have voted for him in 2000. But after the way the GOP treated him, and he sucked it up and stayed wtih them as a yes-man, forget it. Either he never WAS a maverick, or they just beat it out of him.