Hotels in Buffalo convenient for going out on sat

kenny3000

Hi all,

A friend and I will be driving up from nyc for the Raiders game. I have a few questions if you guys wouldn't mind. I'm thinking we should stay in or near downtown to go out on saturday night. Does that sound right or is there somewhere else we should go? We're both 28/29 and want to go out partying on sat night and get a flavor for buffalo nightlife and to prove Willis wrong about the women. Any ideas on places/towns/neighborhoods to find a hotel? I see Amherst and Williamsville on hotels.com, but wanted to see what you guys thought.

Thanks a lot for your help, it's much appreciated!

Kenny

GO BILLS!!!

Hi all,

A friend and I will be driving up from nyc for the Raiders game. I have a few questions if you guys wouldn't mind. I'm thinking we should stay in or near downtown to go out on saturday night. Does that sound right or is there somewhere else we should go? We're both 28/29 and want to go out partying on sat night and get a flavor for buffalo nightlife and to prove Willis wrong about the women. Any ideas on places/towns/neighborhoods to find a hotel? I see Amherst and Williamsville on hotels.com, but wanted to see what you guys thought.

Kenny

GO BILLS!!!

I would stay @ the Hyatt...3 1/2-4 stars + very close to The Chippewa Strip of Bars.

You also might like Adams Mark hotel...Both are located in Downtown Buffalo...

I'm sure others will agree w Chippewa... for place for fun and drinks

I would stay @ the Hyatt...3 1/2-4 stars + very close to The Chippewa Strip of Bars.

You also might like Adams Mark hotel...Both are located in Downtown Buffalo...

I'm sure others will agree w Chippewa... for place for fun and drinks

Hey - thank you very much! I appreciate the help. Chippewa sounds like the place.

Agreed, stay at Hyatt or Adams Mark...then walk to Chippewa. I took about ten friends out on Chippewa the night before a Bills game and the look on their faces was priceless when we arrived. Kids in a candy store...awesome night followed by tailgating at 9am. Pictures indicate I had a good weekend, but I don't recall.

Have fun, and Go Bills.

Hey - does anyone know if there is a train or bus that goes from downtown buffalo to the stadium?

Yes, there is a bus that leaves from downtown to the Ralph. It leaves about 2 hours before the game. It leaves the Ralph about 30-45 min. after the game. I think the price is about $7.00 round trip

Yes, there is a bus that leaves from downtown to the Ralph. It leaves about 2 hours before the game. It leaves the Ralph about 30-45 min. after the game. I think the price is about $7.00 round trip

Again - thank you all for the help. Much appreciated. Next step - bars to go out to in Chippewa? Or is there a strip of them closeby?

Chippewa has a pretty good selection of bars...Bayou, Crocodile, SoHo, Quote, Bada Bing, Buckin Buffalo, and a lot of others. Bayou's a place I wanna check out one of these days soon...I know a couple of the waitresses there. In any event, if you're in the Chippewa area and can't find a bar you like, you're blind...lol

Chippewa has a pretty good selection of bars...Bayou, Crocodile, SoHo, Quote, Bada Bing, Buckin Buffalo, and a lot of others. Bayou's a place I wanna check out one of these days soon...I know a couple of the waitresses there. In any event, if you're in the Chippewa area and can't find a bar you like, you're blind...lol

gotta hit the buckin buffalo, i'm not a big fan of country but the girls in the daisy dukes are hot.

Hi all,

Kenny

GO BILLS!!!

If you stay in or around Wiliamsville , The Buffalo Brew Pub is great on Saturday nights. Their wings are great and they have many micro brew beers. It is on the corner of Transit Rd and Main St. There is an Econolodge right behind the Brew Pub but it isn't the greatest hotel. Cheap but not great. Enjoy !!! GO BILLS !!!

Hey - does anyone know if there is a train or bus that goes from downtown buffalo to the stadium?

There ought to be enough Bills' fans going to the game to hitch a ride with someone for a beer, or seven.... :angry:

Yes, staying in the city at the Hampton is the choice. The suburbs suck.

Friday (or Saturday) night catch the bus down Elmwood to Coles (or start at Goodbar's next door). Then start walking back and make a stop at every bar on the west side of the street. You'll never make it if you do both sides...

There ought to be enough Bills' fans going to the game to hitch a ride with someone for a beer, or seven.... :angry:

Yes, staying in the city at the Hampton is the choice. The suburbs suck.

Friday (or Saturday) night catch the bus down Elmwood to Coles (or start at Goodbar's next door). Then start walking back and make a stop at every bar on the west side of the street. You'll never make it if you do both sides...

Better yet, here's my assessment of that walk.

1. Goodbars: the ultimate dive bar. A good 20 beers on tap, and a nice patio to observe the little coeds walking down from the college.

2. Coles, the classic Buffalo bar. Another 20 beers on tap. Good Guiness, and maybe get your wings here (or try the Buffalo Shrimp--a take on wings).

3. Bullfeathers is next. Again, lots of beer choices, strange crowd.

4. Next up, the old "No Names" at the corner of Bidwell and Elmwood. Can't remember what it's called now, but a great place to sit for one of their many micro brews on tap.

5. Things get a bit dicey from here. Ok, maybe you can take your first trip to the east side of the street when you reach Merlins. Classic biker bar and a great little patio out front. Always have live music on Saturdays. Beer selection sucks, unless all you need is Blue or Molson.

6. A few blocks from there, you hit pay dirt again. You can stop in at Mode, but it's a bit too yuppity/artsy-fartsy. Go straight to Toro. Yeah, it's really a restaurant, but the scenery, read that as hot babes, is great. Besides, when you're ready for your next real beer, Faherty's is right next door. Have the Murphy's there, and play some tunes on the juke.

7. Better have a couple at Faherty's, because the next bar is a little hike. You basically need to walk to Allen at this point. Again, I'd recommend a trip to the East side just before Allen street, with a stop at Cozumel--best deck on the Elmwood strip. Might as well do a shot of tequila here.

8. Ok, now it's time to take a little detour. Turn right on Allen, and you have your hands full. There's Mulligan's Brick bar, the old pink (now something else), and The Allen Street Hardware Cafe (or something like that), which will have one of the best beer selections in the city. After that, head across the street and do Nietzsches--probably a cover because of live music, but always good.

9. At this point, a big decision to make. Do you wander back down Elmwood to the Hampton and Chippewa? OR do you head east on Allen toward Colter Bay? I suggest the latter. Colter Bay is another great beer bar. Of course, you will have to stop at Gabriel's Gate before you reach Colter BAy.

10. After Colter Bay, you've got Gallaghers, then head down Virginia.

11. On Virginia you've got Fat Bobs, Mothers, and Scarlet's (for the hot professional babe crowd). In fact, once you're done with Virginia, go back on the Delaware Ave side of that block and stop at "The Snooty Fox" (another babe hangout), and Stillwaters--very impressive upscale place.

12. From here, it's just a hop, skip, and a jump back to Chippewa, assuming you are still standing.

Good luck.

If you stay in or around Wiliamsville , The Buffalo Brew Pub is great on Saturday nights. Their wings are great and they have many micro brew beers. It is on the corner of Transit Rd and Main St. There is an Econolodge right behind the Brew Pub but it isn't the greatest hotel. Cheap but not great. Enjoy !!! GO BILLS !!!

Im staying at this Econolodge for the Oakland game coming up...as long as I don't feel like I have to sleep in my clothes on top of the covers, I think I'll be ok.

The other games I am coming up for, we are staying at the EconoLodge Buffalo South, on milestrip near orchard park, I think...