Tom Brady has cracked bone in his foot?

Golden Wheels

WEEI.COM:

Sources have indicated that the quarterback of the New England Patriots, Tom Brady, has a cracked bone in his foot. It was on the Dennis & Callahan Show this morning. However, Brady is still scheduled to play on Sunday.

They have a sound bite of this "report" linked on their web site, weei.com.

Before anyone gets too excited, remember that WEEI is also an entercom station like WGR, and no one connected to the team says this is true. (But given their history of secrecy, they never would regardless.)

I'm just saying this bears watching as the season goes on, even if it's just a hairline fracture in his right foot.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to know who their sources are. It says "sources," which lends a little bit of credit, as that means they believe they confirmed the report. At least, the stations need to tell us if the sources are from within the team, from a medical caregiver or frm people close to Brady.

I would like to know who their sources are. It says "sources," which lends a little bit of credit, as that means they believe they confirmed the report. At least, the stations need to tell us if the sources are from within the team, from a medical caregiver or frm people close to Brady.

now espn and the nfl network will cry and be in mourning and they'll try to convince us as to why we should give a flying puck

John Dennis of WEEI said it was someone who saw the MRI report, but he won't say who. So I would take this with a grain of salt. And some Don Julio.

Between this and his shoulder problems that he has had thats plagued him most of his career and keeps him on the injury list, I am starting to feel a little bad for the guy, lol

What would the NFL do if Brady and Manning both had to miss time due to recovering from injuries?? Would they shut the league down til both are better? Maybe have everyone wear their numbers on a black arm band until they came back?

This report, if true, just shows what a short-sighted fool Belichick* is, and how woefully inept the Patriots* front office is as well. Everyone knows that QB is one of the most important positions - no, THE most important position - and yet they* have done nothing to build depth at the position by drafting an early round QB every year so they'd* have a top-flight, HOF QB warming the pine, just waiting to replace Tom Brady* in case of injury!

This report, if true, just shows what a short-sighted fool Belichick is, and how woefully inept the Patriots front office is as well. Everyone knows that QB is one of the most important positions - no, THE most important position - and yet they have done nothing to build depth at the position by drafting an early round QB every year so they'd have a top-flight, HOF QB warming the pine, just waiting to replace Tom Brady in case of injury!

Uhm, excuse me, we all know that QB is only the 2nd most important position on the team, behind LT of course. Get your facts straight

What would the NFL do if Brady and Manning both had to miss time due to recovering from injuries?? Would they shut the league down til both are better? Maybe have everyone wear their numbers on a black arm band until they came back?

I think they would just have the networks air a loop of the Jets game so we can all watch Brett Favre to feel better. It's that boyish impishness that will save us all.

Before anyone gets too excited, remember that WEEI is also an entercom station like WGR, and no one connected to the team says this is true. (But given their history of secrecy, they never would regardless.)

WEEI does have a connection to the Patriots. They are the official "Patriots Monday" station which means they pay for the right to have exclusive interviews with the players and coaches.

PTR

I think they would just have the networks air a loop of the Jets game so we can all watch Brett Favre to feel better. It's that boyish impishness that will save us all.

Oh, ok, good, I was getting scarred there for a moment, but man, if Favre goes down, my guess is the league will shut down for the season and protect QB's in a giant bubble, or make it illegal to touch them

One or maybe even BOTH networks would give us that stupid pop-culture reference factoid:

"The last time there was a week in NFL regular season that didn't have either Tom Brady or Peyton Manning at quarterback, gas averaged a 1.19 a gallon, Sarah Palin was a mayor in Alaska, first-round draft pick (whoever) was in 5th grade, NSync topped the charts with, blah, blah, blah."

You know those clever minds at ESPN would do it. :thumbsup:

Doesn't look like he's going to miss any time. Not sure what the fuss is about.

Did you watch him try (and fail) to get away from the Gints' pass rush on that bad foot in the Super Bowl? If he's playing -- but not as mobile as he normally is, which isn't much to begin with -- it could be a HUGE deal. Like, Fucillo-sized.

One or maybe even BOTH networks would give us that stupid pop-culture reference factoid:

"The last time there was a week in NFL regular season that didn't have either Tom Brady or Peyton Manning at quarterback, gas averaged a 1.19 a gallon, Sarah Palin was a mayor in Alaska, first-round draft pick (whoever) was in 5th grade, NSync topped the charts with, blah, blah, blah."

You know those clever minds at ESPN would do it. :thumbsup:

Of course, since Manning has a 160-game regular-season streak dating back to Brady's junior season at Michigan, Brady would be irrelevant in that discussion anyway ...