Biggest matchup in game 1?

Beerball

Could be Kirk Chambers vs. Patrick Kerney. Kerney led the league with 14 1/2 sacks last year and was named All-Pro. How Chambers handles himself may go a long way in determining the outcome of this game.

What's your #1 matchup for Bills vs. C-hawks?

Agreed, and the health of our QB(s).

I have to believe Chambers won't go one on one with Kerney at all. That said, a Chambers/Barnes or Chambers/Dockery vs Kerney will still be a very good match-up to watch.

He will definitely have help on passing downs. If he shows that he can 'control' Kerney to a degree on passing downs it will free up Barnes to pick up blitzes & become a safety valve. I wouldn't be surprised to see the TEs chipping away at him prior to releasing on passing downs either.

He will definitely have help on passing downs. If he shows that he can 'control' Kerney to a degree on passing downs it will free up Barnes to pick up blitzes & become a safety valve. I wouldn't be surprised to see the TEs chipping away at him prior to releasing on passing downs either.

Good point on the tight ends; although, I'd like to see Royal get into the flats to give Trent the check down guy he covets. If Chambers can control Kerney even to a degree, we are in a lot better shape on at LT without Peters than most here seem to think. Damn, I cannot wait!!!!

Holmgren runs a west coast offense, but he also likes to throw to the TEs down the field and heavy on the RB screens. See Mark Chmura or Ricky Waters. Clearly, with a lack of talent/experience at WR, Seattle has to go to their TEs/RBs. They don't have the pro-bowl guys they used to, but it seems they are fairly high on the guys they have now.

Whitner and the LBs have to take this away and force Hasslebeck to throw to their WRs. If we get this done, we should get at least one INT a half. Greer and McGee have proven they are physical and can win the ball. Youboty has looked good, and while we still need to see...I like the idea of them trying to throw at our defensive backs down the field. Oh, and if they can't get the TE open, it means Whitner/Ko gets to Oucho Downzo their WRs all over the field as well.

Plus their O line lacks continuity. It's not like they are missing one guy. Therefore, it's quite possible that they try and rely on the TE/RB safety valves to make up for bad line play. If we take these away it should mean that we get more sacks and/or hurries.

We may very well win the game on this alone, if we can do it consistently.

I hope dockery isnt going that far to protect the right side. Hopefully Butler can handle that

Good point. My brain shut down for a few minutes. I was thinking Chambers was filling in directly for Peters. My bad. That said, I would feel better if it were Dockey helping Chambers out.

The biggest matchup will be our pass protection vs their outstanding front seven. They've got Kerney, Tapp, Julian Peterson, Hill and Tatupu... and they will be coming at Trent from all angles. Expect dinks and dunks and to look like we did last year. And expect this board to erupt.

The biggest matchup will be our pass protection vs their outstanding front seven. They've got Kerney, Tapp, Julian Peterson, Hill and Tatupu... and they will be coming at Trent from all angles. Expect dinks and dunks and to look like we did last year. And expect this board to erupt.

Hey, the best way to neutralize a good pass rush is to run the ball and throw quick, short passes. This should be the game plan for this game, and I for one won't be upset if the Bills employ this strategy.

Dude, their own fans will tell you that they don't pass rush well on the road. They say they couldn't even get after the QB against an injury riddled Cards O line. And they say that they are concerned about Dockery vs. their DTs.

If the Seattle fans have these concerns about their own team, somehow I don't think their pass rush is as good as you say.

Dude, their own fans will tell you that they don't pass rush well on the road. They say they couldn't even get after the QB against an injury riddled Cards O line. And they say that they are concerned about Dockery vs. their DTs.

If the Seattle fans have these concerns about their own team, somehow I don't think their pass rush is as good as you say.

Okay. Last year they didn't "pass rush well on the road" so I guess we don't have to worry about it then. Good plan.

Just sayin' I think I will go with what their own fans say, unless you have a watched a whole lot of scout film. Better plan.

And if Seattle went by what our fans say, they might as well not show up because Trent and Lee are gonna hook up for at least 3 touchdowns and we are gonna blow them out.

The biggest matchup is their running game vs. our run defense. If we can make them pass, they don't have the weapons to beat our secondary. I'm so sick of getting gashed up the middle by the running game, and that was still happening to a degree with #99 in the lineup in the preseason. The run defense is still a primary concern.

And if Seattle went by what our fans say, they might as well not show up because Trent and Lee are gonna hook up for at least 3 touchdowns and we are gonna blow them out.

Your comparison doesn't work. :thumbsup: Their fans are saying that they don't get a good pass rush in general, and it's even worse on the road. That's their fans being negative but realistic on their own team, or they are just negative tools who have nothing good to say.... Of course we don't have any of those types here, do we? Our fans being overly optimistic has nothing to do with this. And I don't see how their fans admitting they have a pass rush problem = they are wrong and Seattle has the most dominating pass rush in the league.

You need to do a better job filling in the gap there, buddy.

The biggest matchup is their running game vs. our run defense. If we can make them pass, they don't have the weapons to beat our secondary. I'm so sick of getting gashed up the middle by the running game, and that was still happening to a degree with #99 in the lineup in the preseason. The run defense is still a primary concern.

Reading what I could find, they seem convinced that they won't run the ball the same as before. In fact, they seem to think they will do more in terms of throwing to their backs than running them. I dunno, this seems like making excuses for not having an elite running game to me.

Your comparison doesn't work. :thumbsup: Their fans are saying that they don't get a good pass rush in general, and it's even worse on the road. That's their fans being negative but realistic on their own team, or they are just negative tools who have nothing good to say.... Of course we don't have any of those types here, do we? Our fans being overly optimistic has nothing to do with this. And I don't see how their fans admitting they have a pass rush problem = they are wrong and Seattle has the most dominating pass rush in the league.

You need to do a better job filling in the gap there, buddy.

Ah, yes. I'm a negative tool that doesn't have anything good to say because I'm worried about the NFL leader in sacks going against our 3rd string tackle. Gosh, I really should be more optimistic. I mean, Chambers looked decent this preseason, only had to pick his jock off the turf a few times, and I guess Kerney is a year older, right? Yeah... on second thought, I think Chambers will be able to handle Kerney one on one, and Marshawn will show a transformation and will all of a sudden be able to pick up the blitz. GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!