Recommendations for FF cheat sheet?

Hardy Pyle

In a pinch, any sheet will do (i.e., yahoo has free ones), but to have a good draft you really gotta make sure the sheet reflects your league scoring rules. PPR is the biggest variable; makes guys like Westbrook and Bush much more valuable.

What is PPR?

I was thinking get a QB first...as alot more variance in QB's than RB's.

How soon should a guy take a kicker and his defence?

It's the yahoo pool. 14 guys. $125.

QB first unless Brady or manning usually is a bad idea. There will be decent qbs availablie in rds 3-5, so get a good rb and wr or two good rbs in 1 and 2 unless brady is available in the 2nd half of the 1st round. Kicker is a complete crap shoot, don't pick one til last pick. Defense u'll end up changing 5-10 times throughout the season, so save that til the late rounds as well.

What is PPR?

I was thinking get a QB first...as alot more variance in QB's than RB's.

How soon should a guy take a kicker and his defence?

It's the yahoo pool. 14 guys. $125.

Depends where you are picking. Brady is the only first round QB, otherwise look for one of the other top guys in the 3d. If you don't get one of the top 4-5 QB you can wait a while on QB and grab a guy like Gerrard or Warner. But the key is to pick for value....take the best guy available for the first few rounds.

Kicker should be your last round pick, defense very close to last. Let others waste a 7th round pick on Minn defense while you get a very solid #3 RB.

If your picking in the top 7, you pretty much have to take a RB number 1. the top 10 RB's this season are head and shoulders above the rest imho and one wont fall to you in the 2nd. If youre happy with jones-drew or willis mcgahee as your #1 rb, take tom brady in the top 7.

Thanks for your advice guys. Definitely useful. So what round should I take Xavier Omon? :D:lol:

Man, I'm such a Bills homer, half my roster will be Bills.....there goes a $125 donation!

I don't know if I could pass up Peyton/Brady - it seems like finding a good QB would be harder than finding a RB in a later round?? No?

I think you got some bad advice here. I'm in a 14 team league and it SUCKS. Your team compared to a 10 or even a 12 team league is like comparing Rosie to Jessica Alba. There just aren't that many good players.

My advice would be to take a 1 top RB, 1 top WR, and 1 top WR in your 1st 3 rounds. Go for home run hitters and then backfill with the scrubs you'll be left with. Also, because the talent is watered down - you are MUCH better off grabbing top TE's, K, and Defenses earlier than the normal throw away picks at the end of a draft. Grabbing a kicker on the highest scoring team will serve you better than drafting some schmuck as a reserve.

The talent is too watered down w/ 14 teams not to maximize every position. Pray you don't get the injury bug.

okay...the picks are in! I got #2 selection...in a 12 man league.

A rookie's picks.....

1) Adrian Peterson

2) Jason Witten

3) Willie Parker

4) Phillip Rivers

5) Marvin Harrison

6) Kevin Smith (DET)

7) Lee Evans (YAY FOR ME!)

8) David Gerrard

9) Eli Manning

10) DeAngelo Williams

11) Ray Rice

12) Donte Stollworth

13) Jags Defence

14) Rian Lindell.

Comments appreciated. The first pick overall was LT. And I really wanted to take Brady...but relied on the advice of this board....and waited to take a defence and kicker in the later rounds. BTW, the Bills defence was not drafted.

Witten pick was too early for a 12 man league unless you get pts for catches.

You didn't get a #1 FF receiver either.

Other than that I like your picks.

Rb's are good. Parker should bounce back this year with some more scores.

Stallworth late might be a good one.

Jags D too.

12 team leagues are watered down, but not so much that you can't get a #1 at 2 significant positions.

yah, I may have out smarted myself and taken Witten when I should have taken a receiver. I just figured that Witten is just like a receiver and alot more depth at receiver. And I didn't really like any of the receivers. And since you have to start one TE I thought take one of the best on a high scoring team.