Has The Zodiac Killer Finally Been Identified?

Steely Dan

Linkage

"The identity of the Zodiac Killer is Jack Tarrance. He's my stepfather," said Dennis Kaufman.

"This a handwriting comparison I did," Kaufman said, showing handwriting samples he claims to be his father's and the Zodiac Killer's, which are strikingly similar. Kaufman said it's no coincidence.

"The composite is a dead ringer," Kaufman said, showing composite sketch of the killer next to his stepfather's -- a resemblance that is undeniable between pictures of Jack Tarrance and descriptions of the zodiac.

Jack also left behind rolls of undeveloped film. Kaufman plans to hand over the film to the FBI. There were numerous gruesome images on a roll he did develop.

"[it] appeared to be people who were murdered," he explained.

The FBI confirmed they are running DNA tests on items that Kaufman gave them.

Kaufman said there are postage stamps sent to him by his stepfather, and authorities are trying to get DNA profile of Jack Tarrance to compare to the Zodiac Killer. The FBI told CBS13 they could get those results back any day.

It looks like it's a very strong case. It would be cool to finally find out who he really was.

For the youngins that don't know about the Zodiac Killer here's a primer.

No. I moved to the Bay Area in 1994. I am old enough to remember seeing it on the news when they happened. In the show I saw a year or two agp (when the movie came out) They gav the locations. I have driven by the first place in broad daylight and it gave ne the willies.

I am your brothers, cousins, sisters, nephews former roomate.

Whats that make us?

Absolutely nothing!

I did read the book on the Zodiac Murders, there were many encrypted messages sent to the police. They could never figure out any of them. Interesting though....stay tuned

I am your brothers, cousins, sisters, nephews former roomate.

Whats that make us?

Absolutely nothing!

I did read the book on the Zodiac Murders, there were many encrypted messages sent to the police. They could never figure out any of them. Interesting though....stay tuned

There is a movie called Zodiac on the movie channels this past month of August and they showed the cryptic messages as being solved and all the evidence pointed to one guy although they never could prove it. His name was Lee something. I'd have to watch the last two minutes of the movie again, they had all these facts about that guy that made it seem like he was the killer. Pretty good movie as well.

There is a movie called Zodiac on the movie channels this past month of August and they showed the cryptic messages as being solved and all the evidence pointed to one guy although they never could prove it. His name was Lee something. I'd have to watch the last two minutes of the movie again, they had all these facts about that guy that made it seem like he was the killer. Pretty good movie as well.

That guy had a lot pointing to him when they were looking for the Zodiac killer intensively. The guy was Arthur Leigh Allen. When he was called in to be interviewed by the cops he was wearing a watch with the Zodiac killers cross over a circle. However, when he died the police compared the DNA on the envelopes with his DNA and they excluded him from being the killer. He was the only guy to ever have a warrant served to look in his house and they never found anything.

That guy had a lot pointing to him when they were looking for the Zodiac killer intensively. The guy was Arthur Leigh Allen. When he was called in to be interviewed by the cops he was wearing a watch with the Zodiac killers cross over a circle. However, when he died the police compared the DNA on the envelopes with his DNA and they excluded him from being the killer. He was the only guy to ever have a warrant served to look in his house and they never found anything.

Many other pieces of evidence matched him perfectly. He got his neighbor to lick the envelope, I wouldn't rule him out because of that.

Many other pieces of evidence matched him perfectly. He got his neighbor to lick the envelope, I wouldn't rule him out because of that.

Where did you hear that?

If everything this guy says and if the evidence is real, like the hood and bloody knife, then I'd say there is more to believe this guy is the killer than the other guy even without the DNA yet.