So Josh Reed made the team

Ok new avatar up, and it could have been worse. HR, thanx for the mercy, as I would have not shown as much to you :devil:

What's a "Must Clutch Reciver?" And why no new picture?

Come on HR, it was a dumb bet on jnz's part. Make him pay...and properly!

Given his background as a running back, and inability to get open more than 8 yards downfield, I'd like to see the Bills use him as a WR on first and second down, and a "3rd down back" on 3rd and 7, or 10, or whatever.

I like Reed...but Parrish is almost as effective in the slot, and Reed could play a positive role in field position even if he's not racking up first downs. On a 3rd and 15, dump it off to him, let the guy get 10 yards and punt it away. Don't have Lynch or Jackson miss a block in the backfield and turn the 3rd-15 into a 4th-24.

What's a "Must Clutch Reciver?" And why no new picture?

Come on HR, it was a dumb bet on jnz's part. Make him pay...and properly!

I agree I should have paid more for it. I took a risky bet that I was probably going to lose, but I stand by it as I do not see him as a starting caliber receiver, let alone one that deserves $2.5 million this year. The picture should be up there for you to see

I agree I should have paid more for it. I took a risky bet that I was probably going to lose, but I stand by it as I do not see him as a starting caliber receiver, let alone one that deserves $2.5 million this year. The picture should be up there for you to see

Why in the world would he need to be a starting calibre reciever in order to make the team?

why would you keep a backup receiver that doesn't return kicks for $2.5million this year?

Because he has his role. He'll never be a part of an Anquan Boldin/Larry Fitzgerald combo, and frankly people who talk of Reed having a breakout year this year are way off base. He's already "broken out" as much as he's going to. He is what he is.

He's good at going over the middle, he's shown himself to be a great 3rd down target, he's very good after the catch. He's an extremely reliable reciever with great hands. Why in the world wouldn't you want a guy like this on your team?

Because he has his role. He'll never be a part of an Anquan Boldin/Larry Fizgrald combo, and frankly people who talk of Reed having a breakout year this year are way off base. He's already "broken out" as much as he's going to. He is what he is.

He's good at going over the middle, he's shown himself to be a great 3rd down target, he's very good after the catch. He's an extremely reliable reciever with great hands. Why in the world wouldn't you want a guy like this on your team?

IMO, you hit it right on in your first sentence, then contradicted it in the second. He's not only NOT 'very good after the catch', he's almost always immediately under tackle. Our third down effeciency during his tenure is a testament to this. That he's still a Bill is evidence we're still paper thin at WR and why most 'pundit's' still don't believe this team is ready for serious playoff contention. Without Hardy, we're no better in the passing game than we were.

I hope #81 stays healthy.

IMO, you hit it right on in your first sentence, then contradicted it in the second. He's not only NOT 'very good after the catch', he's almost always immediately under tackle. Our third down effeciency during his tenure is a testament to this. That he's still a Bill is evidence we're still paper thin at WR and why most 'pundit's' still don't believe this team is ready for serious playoff contention. Without Hardy, we're no better in the passing game than we were.

I hope #81 stays healthy.

No, our third down efficieny during his tenure is a testament to our inability to run the football. But keep blaming that on the 4th reciever.