So Josh Reed made the team

he has matured a great deal. a flats guy or a guy who finds a soft spot in a zone to sit down in. he has NO vertical game. he value is suspect IMO. i mean, i dont think he is a very good blocker down field and i dont see him drawing coverages. hardy should start with parrish as the slot guy. reed, while he is servicable, does not make the team better. dont mean to be pesimistic or negative about the guy, because he is not a bad palyer. he simply does not do anything to enhance the offense. not dynamic. WRs in the NFL all seem to dynamic to valuable. weather it is welker who can run after the catch or vertical guys who block well (mcCaffrey - Denver yrs ago). reed is a flanker, i guess?

IMO, you hit it right on in your first sentence, then contradicted it in the second. He's not only NOT 'very good after the catch', he's almost always immediately under tackle. Our third down effeciency during his tenure is a testament to this. That he's still a Bill is evidence we're still paper thin at WR and why most 'pundit's' still don't believe this team is ready for serious playoff contention. Without Hardy, we're no better in the passing game than we were.

I hope #81 stays healthy.

Everybody is entitled to there opinion, i like reeds blocking and his good hands when we need receptions (over the last 2 years), my opinion is all our receivers look a great deal better when we get a consistent qb and one that is actually a threat to pick you apart. We'll see what happens but as long as we get decent qb play i bet josh reeds numbers skyrocket, just my feeling we'll see i guess!

why would you keep a backup receiver that doesn't return kicks for $2.5million this year?

2.5 million for a veteran back-up WR was expensive about 5 years ago.

150 catches, 2197 yards, 14.6 ypc, 13 TDs, 4 fumbles, 58 games played

228 catches, 2687 yards, 11.8 YPC, 8 TDs, 2 fumbles, 88 games played

The first guy is names Bernard Berrian and he makes 7 million dollars a year with bonuses that could kick in an additional 13 million. The second guy is Josh Reed who makes 2.5 million with no appreciable bonuses. Is Bernard Berrian 4.5 million dollars plus better than Josh Reed?