Rutgers

udonkey

Probably at the game.

Reviewing the Rutgers TD right now....ball should be placed on about the 1/2 yard line but they are giving it to them on the "4 inch line".

Naturally the homers who are calling the game are aghast that there was no 'just give it to them' decision.

edit: TD on 2d down. 10-7...could be a good finish.

I really thought the ACC had a chance to be the shittiest conference. But it looks like the Big Least wants to claim what's theirs.

It is not even close this year. The Big East is just downright awfull. We shall see how USF does against Kansas tonight.

It is not even close this year. The Big East is just downright awfull. We shall see how USF does against Kansas tonight.

Yep, looks that way.

Pitt loses to Bowling Green, WVU puts up just 7 points in a blowout loss to ECU, and Rutgers gets embarrassed on national TV at home...Plus Cuse likely a bottom-5 team in all of Division I...They really need USF to show up tonight.

Midnight Madness can't come soon enough!

Dont discredit UNC. Butch Davis is doing some good things with that team, and it wouldnt surprise me at all to see them become bowl eligible this year.

(Note: this does not make rutgers any better. they are still garbage, much like their home state)

Dont discredit UNC. Butch Davis is doing some good things with that team, and it wouldnt surprise me at all to see them become bowl eligible this year.

(Note: this does not make rutgers any better. they are still garbage, much like their home state)

I did think UNC would win, and the Rutgers -6 vegas line was outlandish. But getting outcoached, outplayed, and OUTHUSTLED in your own stadium on national TV is pathetic. You lose 24-21, no biggie, solid try. That effort last night from Rutgers was poor. "Greatest Coach Ever" Schiano just had a team quit on him for a full half.

You called it before the season started that UNC maybe better then people expect. One thing we do know about Butch Davis is the man has a knack for recruiting, it was only a matter of time before he got some talent into Chapel Hill.

I kinda like Maryland over Cal tomorrow, especially getting 15 pts at home. Cal has looked pretty good although Wassu is horrible this year. Maryland could not of started any worse, nearly getting beat by a D-1 AA team the first week & then losing to Middle Tenn St last week. I do not know. This is a game the fridge usually wins. Big spot, at home, noone giving them a chance. I think I may put some coin on them tomorrow with the points.

Yep, looks that way.

Pitt loses to Bowling Green, WVU puts up just 7 points in a blowout loss to ECU, and Rutgers gets embarrassed on national TV at home...Plus Cuse likely a bottom-5 team in all of Division I...They really need USF to show up tonight.

Midnight Madness can't come soon enough!

They need to expand their football league to more then 8 teams. I do not know who they can add, but anything would be an improvement to what they have this year.

They need to expand their football league to more then 8 teams. I do not know who they can add, but anything would be an improvement to what they have this year.

The big East needs to expand their football program to at least 10, possibly even 12 schools before they can truly rise as a "power" conference. I see a few potential teams that have the talent to move up fro C-USA, like Marshall or perhaps Southern Miss.

And fer chrissakes, ND needs to nut up and join the Big-10 already. 11 team conferences are gay. Each major conference should be *required* to have a conference title game. At least it would simplify the sham we call the BCS.

You called it before the season started that UNC maybe better then people expect. One thing we do know about Butch Davis is the man has a knack for recruiting, it was only a matter of time before he got some talent into Chapel Hill.

Butch Davis built that great Hurricane team that Larry Coker coached.

The big East needs to expand their football program to at least 10, possibly even 12 schools before they can truly rise as a "power" conference. I see a few potential teams that have the talent to move up fro C-USA, like Marshall or perhaps Southern Miss.

And fer chrissakes, ND needs to nut up and join the Big-10 already. 11 team conferences are gay. Each major conference should be *required* to have a conference title game. At least it would simplify the sham we call the BCS.

:thumbsup:

Tell the Big 11 to drop a team then. ND is fine where we are.

For this Big Least talk, my alma mater is 2-0 and put a pounding on Virgina last night.... It would have helped also to not have other conferences raid coaches, ie Rodriguez. It'll take some time to recover from that. NCAA-wide, as evidenced last year especially, parity is taking hold.

But yes, they need to add 2 more strong football schools. If BC, Miami and VT weren't defecting bastards, we could actually have one of the strongest conferences. But they made their beds in the ACC... and see how that's worked for them!! Ha ha. UConn is starting a 10-game series with Notre Dame I think next year, which increases our national presence a little bit. I've long held that ND should join the Big East, even if it's a loose affiliation and they were allowed to set their own schedule. They're already in the Big East for most/all their other sports.

Lots of basic organization issues that college football has simply refused to deal with for a long time (then again, when they do try to deal with things we get crap like the BCS). One hopes that they see the need for more structure and organized operations and that a playoff is instituted. Short of that, we've got the current helter skelter and a seriously uneven playing field re: rankings/championship.

Please oh please let Notre Dame join the Big 10

Penn State, Ohio State, and Wisconsin could use another conference cupcake :flirt:

:ph34r:

I don't want us anywhere near a conference with Michigan State. I can't think of another team near our talent level that has consistently beaten or frustrated us more over the past several years.

• 3 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.