"New" Article on Peters

Mickey

Oh you saw it, alright, li'l pardner. You've gone so far as to spend hours combing through all my posts about Peters, just to compile a list of all the really, really, really nasty things I've said about poor Jason. :worthy:

"Hates" is a very strong term, junior. I generally reserve my 'hatred' for murderers, rapists, child molesters, terrorists, and other filthy animals of that ilk.

Peters is just a big, fat, stupid football player who's lucky to have a modicum of agility and athleticism - just enough to move his overfed belly fast enough to earn vast sums of money for being big, fat, and stupid. That's no reason to hate him.

So no, I don't hate Jason Peters. Not at all. I despise his attitude, his ignorance, his arrogance, his ingratitude, his disloyalty, his selfishness - and while he may have been a good football player before he tore up his groin and let his body go to schitt, I'll never respect him as a man.

And every time you go begging to be his knob-gobbler or rave about the delicious taste of his rim cheese, I'll be right there to set you straight. B-)

You get more and more foaming at the mouth hysterical with every post. But no, you don't "hate" Peters now do you? Didn't take hours by the way, a search on your name and a few cut and pastes was all it took, its not like you have many posts that don't rant and rave about how much you hate Peters. I can't wait to hear you instruct me about how you despise him, think he is all these terrible, loathsome things but you don't "hate" him. The subtleties of your spleen venting are really fascinating.

:worthy:

Didn't have to go that far, plenty around here do. Funny though itsn't it, one little article by some guy hardly anyone ever heard of that disagrees with the Peters lynch mob hereaboute and look and the volume and venom in the reaction. Really, the over the top responses here show far better than I could just how irrationally angry some have become over this.

I actually do see why the team doesn't want to pay him this year. I disagree, but I don't think they are mentally challenged or have embarked on some sort of suicidal sabotage of the team's fortunes. I also think Peters has a very good argument that he should get an extension this year, a large one and I understand that the only leverage he has, the only leverage any player ever has is to withhold his services. Simple really. All these Peters haters however just have to villainize him and any one who defends him. Check Senator's posts, he couldn't put more venom in them if he tried.

Pat Williams left at the end of his contract. Was it a mistake to let him go? Yes, it was. Does it even remotely relate to the Peters situation? No, it does not.

Yeah, but he left because they wouldn't sign him to a new contract at the market price for a guy of his abilities. The Bills don't want to pay Peters the market price for a guy of his abilities either. Lots of other differences for certain, no need to post them all, I totally agree there are many differences but yeah, there are some similarities too.

I have to wonder if the volume of hate being leveled at Peters is really a function of just how important he is to this team which, ironically, is probably the exact argument Peters and his agent would like the chance to make to the team to justify a new deal. I don't think you would see this much belch and bile if it were Kirk Chambers holding out.

Mickey, when Jason returns to The Bills, his official roster picture will show you with a lip-lock on his love muscle.

Jesus H. Christ! give it a break!

Sure, as soon as all the "Peters is a Peckerhead" posts stop, I'll stop defending him. I guess you have missed the parts of my posts acknowledging that the team isn't exactly crazy for not wanting to cash in on the good bet they made two years ago even though I disagree with them?

Peters is, I believe, the league's last holdout. Most of the reports I've read indicate that even the guy's teammates think he's in the wrong on this one.

I won't say Peters is an idiot, because these guys only have a limited amount of time to earn all the money they can. But that being said, I think he's actually hurting his future earning potential. These holdouts almost always end badly, with the player coming back, usually out of shape, and getting either seriously injured or dinged up the whole season. therefore lowering his level of play, while increasing his reputation as a "problem".

I don't think Jason is a bad guy, just a guy getting bad advice.

Jason Peters Debate: Show him the money!

I ran across this article from 7/25 that I didn't see as having been linked to at the TBD front page so here it is, to be added to the database. Sorry if it already was. Just yet another corner heard from.

Highlights:

"If any team knows how rare it is to find a linchpin at left tackle it’s the Buffalo Bills. Arguably no team has struggled at that position more than Buffalo over the past decade, and it’s kept them out of the playoffs for eight years."

"What a solid first step for Trent Edwards’ development. That’s exactly what Edwards needs – musical chairs on the offensive line and defensive ends constantly in his grill."

"Peters’ base salary for this season of $3.25 million is an insult. Brandon noted that the Bills’ gave him this five-year, $15 million deal in 2006. The compensation-for-good play effect already played out, he attests. But a lot has changed since then. Buffalo rewarded Peters with this deal right after he made the switch from tight end to lineman. But then he made another switch – to left tackle. Now he’s the team’s reliable starter at arguably the most thankless, difficult job in sports. Left tackle. Or more appropriately, Trent Edwards’ blind side."

So I suppose that Peters would have contacted the Bills and let them know he wanted a 2 million dollar paycut if he remained a backup tackle and never got into any games?

So I suppose that Peters would have contacted the Bills and let them know he wanted a 2 million dollar paycut if he remained a backup tackle and never got into any games?

No in that case the Bills would inform him he had to take a cut in pay or get cut off the team - just the same as Willie Anderson

You get more and more foaming at the mouth hysterical with every post. But no, you don't "hate" Peters now do you? Didn't take hours by the way, a search on your name and a few cut and pastes was all it took, its not like you have many posts that don't rant and rave about how much you hate Peters. I can't wait to hear you instruct me about how you despise him, think he is all these terrible, loathsome things but you don't "hate" him. The subtleties of your spleen venting are really fascinating.

ALL of my subtleties are fascinating, junior, but that's beside the point.

You're not so good with the English comprehension thing, I guess, and that's been fairly obvious throughout your crusade. I'll say it again - read it very slowly: I do not hate Jason Peters.

'I', 'do', 'not', and 'hate' are all monosyllabics, so which one is causing you the most difficulty? I'm sure Peters is a fun guy, probably a riot to be around and pound a few beers. In fact, quite likable, I'm sure. Lots of stupid people are still quite likable, despite their mental deficiencies.

That doesn't make what he's doing now - breaching his contract, showing contempt for the organization that gave him this huge opportunity and tons of money to play a game he's loved since he was a young kid, and abandoning the teammates that were counting on him to be there - any more 'right' or justified.

So don't turn this into a 'Senator hates Jason Peters' argument, just because you love his rim cheese. What I hate, and have said all along, is his selfishness, his greed, his laziness, his ingratitude, and his disloyalty to his teammates, the fans, and the organization that gave him this huge break, rewarded him handsomely, and made him who he is today - in terms of his football ability, not his stupidity.

I notice the article doesn't mention (even once) about Peters not showing up as being the major issue or even being a factor in the impasse. Sure he's underpaid, he deserves more money, the Bills have been hurting at that position for a decade, and it's arguably the toughest position to fill. But by refusing to communicate and participate, he ruins his chances and the team's ability to achieve success. That's what Mickey fails to see in his crusade.

If Peters comes to OBD, works hard, and delivers, but doesn't get the money, you will see a tidal wave of current supporters, (be they fans, players, or the media) switch sides and go against the Bills office.

Look, I can see that you obviously have a strong appreciation for homoerotic imagery, not that there is anything wrong with it, but really, couldn't you just PM that stuff to eachother?

Easy. In all these posts I have never attacked you personally. Just trying to have some fun. You should try it once in a while.