mccain just won the election

robert

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly... There has only been two Dem Presidents (three terms) in 40 years... And 8 of those 12 years was booming prosperity... You wonder why this country is in such a mess.

McCain was constantly selling the idea that Obama was not qualified and too inexperienced, then he goes and does this flip-flop... Good thing the American voters have a short attention span.

This surely falls an the shoulder of the American people and who they find apealing for President.

If you honestly mean that you have no idea of what happened. Carter couldn't get out of his own way and Clinton was exactly the same. His approval rating was under 40% and 100 day turn-around of the Repubs set off the stock market with the first balanced budget in a long time. You add the tech bubble, which was only a bubble propped up, and the artificially low interest to help prop stocks and create huge corporate imbalances which blew up under Bush I highly doubt you can attribute the success of the economy to Clinton.

As much as I cannot stand Bush the fall of the big corps of Enron and Worldcomm were Clinton's undoing, but Bush was the band-leader and people don't look at the world historically and critically and say, "Yes, but it became a beast under Clinton."

Anyways, I wouldn't give a D any real credit for the economy, nor can you give a R any credit unless they had the Congress under them to push their bills. Really the first time you can say any President really had any push in an economy it was Bush with a Republican house and senate for 6 years. Clinton's 2 years with the D Congress was also a failure.

Moral of the story: the country works better in gridlock than introducing new bills. I will say the new homebuyers bill pushed by the Ds will set our economy back 2-3 years in the housing market. It was a terrible bill.

So which is Palin's story: It was b/c he didn't fire an employee because he allegedly tased an 11-year old or because he wasn't a team player?

Why can't Palin get her story straight?

Taser wasn't mentioned in that story, so she didn't really change her story. Apparently he said he tasered him because the kid asked him to :oops:

Mr. Wooten told investigators he tested a Taser stun gun on the boy at his request but never threatened the Palins. An internal police investigation substantiated the stun-gun incident and some other charges but threw out most of the rest. Mr. Wooten was suspended for five days in 2006.

I do want to add that the Federal Reserve has more to do with what happens to the economy than a President. If anyone thinks voting Obama is going to bring "change" you might be right, especially with a D Congress.

The change will be a bigger increase to our deficit than Bush without a war, thereby sacrificing America's future over getting votes today. The democrat party, as it stands, is the most irresponsible party that could exist as a large organization. Not far behind it is the Repubs who would make Clinton blush with all it's spending while calling him a liberal.

If you honestly mean that you have no idea of what happened. Carter couldn't get out of his own way and Clinton was exactly the same. His approval rating was under 40% and 100 day turn-around of the Repubs set off the stock market with the first balanced budget in a long time. You add the tech bubble, which was only a bubble propped up, and the artificially low interest to help prop stocks and create huge corporate imbalances which blew up under Bush I highly doubt you can attribute the success of the economy to Clinton.

As much as I cannot stand Bush the fall of the big corps of Enron and Worldcomm were Clinton's undoing, but Bush was the band-leader and people don't look at the world historically and critically and say, "Yes, but it became a beast under Clinton."

Anyways, I wouldn't give a D any real credit for the economy, nor can you give a R any credit unless they had the Congress under them to push their bills. Really the first time you can say any President really had any push in an economy it was Bush with a Republican house and senate for 6 years. Clinton's 2 years with the D Congress was also a failure.

Moral of the story: the country works better in gridlock than introducing new bills. I will say the new homebuyers bill pushed by the Ds will set our economy back 2-3 years in the housing market. It was a terrible bill.

this is exactly what I was trying to explain to Exile and it was way off topic, so I let it drop

The change will be a bigger increase to our deficit than Bush without a war, thereby sacrificing America's future over getting votes today. The democrat party, as it stands, is the most irresponsible party that could exist as a large organization. Not far behind it is the Repubs who would make Clinton blush with all it's spending while calling him a liberal.

I love that bigger increase than Bush without a war. Seems like the war in Iraq is costing us something just under $200B a year, depending on how you count it. And our current president pretty much signed every spending bill that was put under his nose until Alan Greenspan's book called him out and he suddenly found his "veto voice".

Obama is already preparing his cluster bombs of new taxes on everyone, and so along with a left wing-controlled congress, we're doomed!

But the dems with their deficit spending habits are the most irresponsible party ever to exist and right behind it are the republicans? What a country we live in that both political parties are so fiscally inept. Where's Ann Rand when you need her?

No only Republicans will say that.

You sound like most republicans that I know not wanting to take the blame for things that went bad during your terms and wanting to blame every fault on what the other guy did. :oops: It's a joke really. Some good things and bad things happen every presidential term and it is the job of government to protect and nurture growth to help build a strong economy. Bush certainly did that for privatized special interests group to the far right and denying that is stupidity. He did not help the common American nor did he protect us.

He lead us in to made up wars. He watched a major U.S city face a terrible natural disaster and sat on his hands. He spends 5 billion dollars weekly to fight a war for a country with a 79 billion dollar surplus. That's just pathetic leadership and it sucks for our country that we've allowed ourselves to be lead by a total moron.

You say the original poster distorted the facts but you did just the same thing. What Bush left for Clinton wasn't a strong economy. Just because you deem Clinton's time with a Democratic Congress a failure doesn't make it so. It makes it your opinion... But that's it.

You aren't the authority on American politics and if you think you know the full scale of what you are speaking represent both sides of the argument like an intelligent person. Don't ramble your view and how it is cause you say so. That's just plain stupidity.

obama really messed up not picking hillary, mccain won the election picking a woman.

I think the opposite. McCain's pick is insulting to women. Obvious pandering. He will lose voters who see it for what it is. When will the GOP get it. People are sick of their divisive tactics and pure politics vs. actually making decisions for the people. She has less than 24 months experience in a baron land called alaska. Poor judgment on his part. Independents want the backwards thinking of the GOP to change and Palin is another example of the old Guns, Babies and Oil crap of old. We need to move ahead before the global economy and innovative new technologies leaves us in the dust for good while we continue to live in the past.

I think the opposite. McCain's pick is insulting to women. Obvious pandering. He will lose voters who see it for what it is. When will the GOP get it. People are sick of their divisive tactics and pure politics vs. actually making decisions for the people. She has less than 24 months experience in a baron land called alaska. Poor judgment on his part. Independents want the backwards thinking of the GOP to change and Palin is another example of the old Guns, Babies and Oil crap of old. We need to move ahead before the global economy and innovative new technologies leaves us in the dust for good while we continue to live in the past.

plant :oops:

The woman is a life long NRA member for god's sake. How in the world will she pick up more of the liberal female vote in this country?

I'm no Karl Rove, but:

If by "liberal female vote" you mean the NYC 'Sex & the City women', it's not going to happen.

If you mean the more important women with respect to a General Election - ie the Cleveland soccer moms - it's certainly not going to hurt.

You actually WANT the gubmint to "make decisions for the people"?

Back in the USSR, eh?

Make decisions that benefit the American people, that reflect what the American people want, instead of putting special interest first and ignoring our needs. Which I believe is what this Admin has done loyaly for eight years. That is what I meant.

My two cents. Interesting choice by McCain. Pailin solves a number of problems for McCain with the right wing of the party. Plus she appears sharp witted, nice to look at etc., and I am sure will be tough to debate. Accusing her of inexperience only goes so far. Her attack of Alaska corruption is a good story for McCain and plays to anti-pork barrel image. Although McCain hasn't met an oil tax break he doesn't like.

Pailin's problems are two fold. If this trooper gate story has legs, she won't come out looking clean, even if justified. Two: Murkowski, Stevens et al still have a machine in AK and I am sure they are pissed. So more may be revealed. Not the end of the world, but if she is going to be the tough bad-xxx sheriff she is portrayed as she will have more enemies and whether McCain gets elected or not, if she continues to do this the establishment will take her down, despite how many will fall with her...

The old DC two step as Harrison Ford said in one of those CIA roles he played. The problem is everyone ends up dancing to an extent or they lose power.

However, as far as my decision goes, she is relatively irrelevant. I don't like McCain and still don't think it is good to have a guy with an obvious case of PTSD with his finger on the trigger. With Reagan, he was ever the jokester, with Bush and Cheney running FP you see where it got us. Iraq has been a ill-advised distraction from Afghanistan. Said that from Day 1, not a me too.

And while I like McCain's anti-pork stuff, he hasn't applied it to corporate tax breaks including oil the health-care insurance business. Although, I am not sure anyone out there is really ready to take on the later they way it needs to be.

Health insurance, what is it but a middle man, yet one of the most profitable businesses in the US. It needs to be removed. Talk about a drain on our economy. There has got to be a better way to pool resources so that people can receive health care. Our current system is a colossal waste of both our money and tax payer giveaways. But I digress.

As far is this VP pick, it does make sense for McCain, she is definitely of his ilk. How much this helps him, I don't know. There are pluses and minuses with Women's vote, some may blindly support her because of her gender, others may revolt and be more likely to vote against her because of her politics. It should be interesting to see which of the many varied winds blow strongest as this Hurricane approaches.

P.S. Bush is lucky, he may get a chance to make amends. Lets hope and pray it is not as bad as it currently portends to be.

Make decisions that benefit the American people, that reflect what the American people want, instead of putting special interest first and ignoring our needs. Which I believe is what this Admin has done loyaly for eight years. That is what I meant.

Just what is a "special interest group" exactly?