Sarah Palin

Will never happen. In case u dint notice the mods here are of the conservative/libertarian mold that is not far removed from Sarah. Thats why that ancient and irrelevent RCow thread is still pinned

Not no more... But, it will no doubt come back just as a Wasilla to Phoenix type juggernaut will rise from the ashes.

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will never happen. In case u dint notice the mods here are of the conservative/libertarian mold that is not far removed from Sarah. Thats why that ancient and irrelevent RCow thread is still pinned

Looks like they realized how idiotic they looked by having a 4 year old thread where they crowed about GWB's victory pinned after Obama humiliated them!

Looks like they realized how idiotic they looked by having a 4 year old thread where they crowed about GWB's victory pinned after Obama humiliated them!

Actually, I unpinned all the threads. And it had nothing to do with looking idiotic. One thread didn't have a response in 3 years.

Here's a tip - don't be an ass to the people who donate their time to try and at least keep the incivility to a dull roar.

Actually, I unpinned all the threads. And it had nothing to do with looking idiotic. One thread didn't have a response in 3 years.

Here's a tip - don't be an ass to the people who donate their time to try and at least keep the incivility to a dull roar.

You're trying to discuss civility with a guy who admits that he can understand how a battered woman deserves what she gets?

Good luck.

Gov. Palin's VP candidacy will have little direct impact as history shows that VP candidates do little to sway voters. No one votes for the better VP choice. They just don't.

What it does do is it indirectly affects the campaign by changing the dialog, the tone, and the media coverage. McCain is simply betting that those changes will ultimately favor him.

Oh, really? (blue)

McCain must have been digging around in Mike Mularkey's playbook: "Trick-O-rama" (red)

Play #1- Send in the Killa from Wasilla: The Penicilla for what Illa's

I guess McCain forgot to read the Rx's warning label:

1. Don't take with grapefruit.

2. The cure is worse than the disease.

Damn seniors... What do they do, take the medicine in the dark? Gotta hand it to McCain, at least he got the cap off!

:rolleyes:

Actually, I unpinned all the threads. And it had nothing to do with looking idiotic. One thread didn't have a response in 3 years.Here's a tip - don't be an ass to the people who donate their time to try and at least keep the incivility to a dull roar.
Does that mean you will pin this thread? You can see the obvious outcry for a place in the pantheon.

I will take that as a no. Shame because I cannot think of a better testement to the demise of the conservative ideology than this thread.

the problem is that conservative ideology has turned into right wing religious and radical ideology. The educated republicans are leaving the party or speaking out the rest follow Limbaugh, Hannity etc. like a bunch of sheep.

I read an article in the morning paper today where a McCain aide stated that Palin didn't even realize Africa was a continent. She thought it was a country. :devil: And apparently the rest of her civics "knowledge" was just as shocking. At least to that aide. I betcha a good 40% of Americans are just as ignorant - so Palin's assertion that she stood for "everyman" may have been accurate.

I am not vouching for the veracity of the statement by the McCain aide. Perhaps it's just all sour grapes. But given some of the stupidity we see in the world today, it could well be accurate.

I read an article in the morning paper today where a McCain aide stated that Palin didn't even realize Africa was a continent. She thought it was a country. :wallbash: And apparently the rest of her civics "knowledge" was just as shocking. At least to that aide. I betcha a good 40% of Americans are just as ignorant - so Palin's assertion that she stood for "everyman" may have been accurate.

I am not vouching for the veracity of the statement by the McCain aide. Perhaps it's just all sour grapes. But given some of the stupidity we see in the world today, it could well be accurate.

10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1... Lift off... PPP we have a go... Wacka is launched saying: "Obama visited 57 states"... Please pass the Heinz sauce!

:wallbash::thumbsup:

LOL,

The McCain-Palin campaign is over, but Wardrobe-gate lives on. More embarrassing details have emerged about Sarah Palin's infamous shopping sprees -- including even more designer duds, plus sprayed-on tans and fancy underwear.

On top of the $150,000 first outlined in Federal Election Commission filings, Palin spent "tens of thousands of dollars" on additional clothing, makeup and jewelry for herself and her family, including $40,000 in luxury goods for her husband, Todd, our colleague Michael Shear reports. The campaign was charged for silk boxer shorts, spray tanners and 13 suitcases to carry all the designer clothes, according to two GOP insiders.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/reliable-.../rs-palin7.html

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/20...-aide-offe.html

Do any of you stop to ask yourselves how she managed to do all this shopping? Seriously, don't you think she would have been noticed if SHE spent the entire day. Day after day - in the mall? If she didn't do the shopping herself - did she tell others to go out and buy x, y, and z and make sure you spend over $x?

Just please provide a reasonable explanation for how she was the one spending this money, while the rest of the campaign staff had no part in it besides doing her bidding.

Do any of you stop to ask yourselves how she managed to do all this shopping? Seriously, don't you think she would have been noticed if SHE spent the entire day. Day after day - in the mall? If she didn't do the shopping herself - did she tell others to go out and buy x, y, and z and make sure you spend over $x?

Just please provide a reasonable explanation for how she was the one spending this money, while the rest of the campaign staff had no part in it besides doing her bidding.

How long does it take to go shopping at a super expensive luxury clothing store? Probably not too long. Obviously she was doing something with her time when she should have been prepping for interviews, becuse she sure as hell wasn't ready for them. Who is the president of Africa, btw? :thumbsup:

I know my wife can easily drop 200k on the internet... :thumbsup:

Just order everything and send the stuff you don't like back.

Not saying any of this is true, but... saw a report last night that said she had her staffers shopping for her. Much of it on their personal credit cards which they were then to be reimbursed for.

IMO, this is all blown way out of proportion. McCain lost. His campaign was less than ideal. People are looking to save their ass. They need a scapegoat for all the problems of the campaign. For whatever reason (maybe some of it's based on fact) they picked Palin. Now they pour it on and try to save jobs for themselves.

Not saying any of this is true, but... saw a report last night that said she had her staffers shopping for her. Much of it on their personal credit cards which they were then to be reimbursed for.

IMO, this is all blown way out of proportion. McCain lost. His campaign was less than ideal. People are looking to save their ass. They need a scapegoat for all the problems of the campaign. For whatever reason (maybe some of it's based on fact) they picked Palin. Now they pour it on and try to save jobs for themselves.

I know - I read the stories too. What I'm asking for is a reasonable explanation of how this is a solely Sarah Palin driven event and not a campaign driven one that Palin didn't object to?

If she didn't do the actual shopping - how exactly did she dictate the spending? Did she put money floors under all these requests?