Lol @ Greggggg Williams

Ramius

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care much for ole' Triple-G, but he does generally put a good defense on the field. Last season the Skins ranked 6th in 3rd down %, 8th in YPG, and 11th in PPG.

2006 was a crappy year, however -- Skins were in the bottom six in all three categories.

so what your sayin is greg has decided to take his awsome defensive systems elsewhere even though ownership was begging him to stay with his top 5 defenses..

at best he is in the 2nd level of def cords in this league, and im not even sure about that...i for one am glad hes loooong gone

are you new to the NFL?

Was I the only person who liked Pierson?

Thought he wasn't half bad on ST...

like I said on the 1st page of this thread

Honestly I never thought he was that bad. I thought he was a good st's player while he was here and he wasn't bad in washington either. I would've much prefered to have Prioleau then have been stuck with The likes of Jim Leonhard ever again. I'd venture to say he was also a better player then George Wilson as well.

If your interested in Ole Greggo, these are some pretty interesting stories in the POst last couple of days.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...8082502867.html

This one is about how Greego feels burned by Blache, his boy who agreed to take his job before snyder hd told Greggo he was poop canned.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...8082703596.html

And this about Greggos son, who looks like he is gunna be a stud playing in the NFL someday. Boy is a 6-3, 235 linebacker/tihgt end who can run ,is a JUNIOR in High School. I say the Bills draft him now just to piss Greggo off LOL. Jesus, I am thinking when I was in 11th grade (well still now too) this dude would have scared the bejebers out of me on a field

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...8082703421.html

He was supposed to get the head job in Washington when Gibbs retired. How did that work out?

Well, that would be a good point if it wasn't for the fact that Dan Snyder elected to instead hire a guy who had never even been a coordinator and just been fired as the QB coach in Seattle. Snyder decided he wanted a yes man again, some one who would feel like he was really, really lucky to have the job so he would bend over backward to keep the owner happy. Greggo wanted the same level of control Gibbs had. Plus, it is widely speculated around these parts Snyder figured he'd throw a guy no one cared about for a year as a place holder until The Chin is ready to get back into coaching. I'd bet if Bill Cower was to come back into the league after this season, Dan Snyder will do whatever it takeso to make him the Skins' new coach and GM.

But don't get me wrong, I was very happy when the Bills let him go. They should have let TD go at the same time.

Well, that would be a good point if it wasn't for the fact that Dan Snyder elected to instead hire a guy who had never even been a coordinator and just been fired as the QB coach in Seattle. Snyder decided he wanted a yes man again, some one who would feel like he was really, really lucky to have the job so he would bend over backward to keep the owner happy. Greggo wanted the same level of control Gibbs had. Plus, it is widely speculated around these parts Snyder figured he'd throw a guy no one cared about for a year as a place holder until The Chin is ready to get back into coaching. I'd bet if Bill Cower was to come back into the league after this season, Dan Snyder will do whatever it takeso to make him the Skins' new coach and GM.

But don't get me wrong, I was very happy when the Bills let him go. They should have let TD go at the same time.

All reports were Greggo was going to get the Head Coach job in Washington after Gibbs retired. I'm pretty sure he was told this when he was hired, & had 4 interviews with Danny boy. Do you REALLY think Greggo was in position to make DEMANDS about control when he interviewed? He could just as easily have fired Greggo at the end of the year as the QB coach he hired, to hire the Chin. During preseason Zorn has shown signs he will be a good coach. I don't think Greggo gets that opportunity again..... at least for a long time.