Backup QB article from SI.com

AlbanyBill

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writ...ex.html?eref=T1

"9. Buffalo: J.P. Losman -- The ex-Bills starter isn't thrilled with his task of serving as Trent Edwards' understudy this year, but with the free agency market awaiting next offseason, he has to make the best of it and hope he can resurrect his starting career elsewhere in 2009. Losman did some of his better work last year coming off the bench in relief of Edwards."

How exactly is Brady Quinn one of the best backups in the league when he's never had a throw in a regular season game?

And Trent Green is ahead of JP? That has to be case of relying on past glory.

Since his brains have been scrambled more than once, he is nothing more than one hit away from being an injury liability himself.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writ...ex.html?eref=T1

"9. Buffalo: J.P. Losman -- The ex-Bills starter isn't thrilled with his task of serving as Trent Edwards' understudy this year, but with the free agency market awaiting next offseason, he has to make the best of it and hope he can resurrect his starting career elsewhere in 2009. Losman did some of his better work last year coming off the bench in relief of Edwards."

Seriously, love him or not all 32 starting QBs in the league are not better than JP.

How exactly is Brady Quinn one of the best backups in the league when he's never had a throw in a regular season game?

Actually, he has. Didn't play too bad in limited time against Cincy last year, despite a terrible overall showing by the offense

On the JP issue, I'd like to add that the Indy game was one of his best showings I can remember. He really looked like he knwe where he was going with the ball when he set his feet and was as accurate as I ever remember him being. It is only one game, but it was quite a performance.

Maybe Fairchild was a problem- although I still think talent did factor in as well (and still will)