Does Yankees collapse let the Bills of the hook?

Ray

Are the Bills now going to be off the hook for futility in postseason play? This will be the biggest collapse EVER in postseason if they lose--which looks like they are well on their way to being smoked!!! The Sox will have come back from a 3-0 deficit and come into Yankee stadium and humiliated the Yanks. Biggest collapse ever now belongs to the Yankees--not the Bills.

Are the Bills now going to be off the hook for futility in postseason play?  This will be the biggest collapse EVER in postseason if they lose--which looks like they are well on their way to being smoked!!!  The Sox will have come back from a 3-0 deficit and come into Yankee stadium and humiliated the Yanks.  Biggest collapse ever now belongs to the Yankees--not the Bills.

78401[/snapback]

I'm no Yankees fan, but I'm not sure that a loss tonite really qualifies them for the "postseason futility" label, do you?

Hmmm...decent question.

I say that, for a single season or playoff, probably so. The only thing comparable would be the Oilers' tank job in the Comeback Game.

If the Yankees come back and win this game (unlikely, losing 6-0), then we will all remember Schilling and his gutty performance. We won't remember the Yankee win, because they probably get rototilled in the World Series.

Mike

I don't agree.

Certainly this was a tremendous comeback by the Sox and a terrible collapse by the Yanks (which makes me sick since I am a yankee fan). However, the Sox were heavily favored in this series. Had it not been 3-0 at one point (say 2-1 or something) and it reached a Game 7 and the Yanks lost (like they appear to be on their way to doing) no one would care (save the fans of the respective teams) since that is what was supposed to happen.

Now, don't get me wrong, I am not short changing what the Sox have done. It has been very impressive. But they were expected to win and they have. Period.

No. And the Sox aren't off the hook either even if they win Game 7 tonight.

The Curse of the Bambino will not be lifted until the Sox win it all (i.e. World Series).

The Curse of Wide Right will not be lifted until the Bills win it all (i.e. Super Bowl).

Those are the sad facts of life.

I don't agree... Games 4 and 5 were the clinchers... They hardly "choked" in those extra inning games.

This series is probably the only one of all those other series (in MLB, NBA, NHL) that was the most even talent wise between the two teams. The annomally was that the Yankees won the first 3. Hockey anything can happen (Islanders and Maple Leafs). Go figure in baseball... The starting rotation usually bails you out... This series looked like a train wreck with reagards to the "rotation"... Mix in the rain out and you got 4 games in four days between 2 cities (even know they are close).

It was a very balanced... Yet streaky series... One game... I knew a team would come up big... The Yanks it wasn't.

I joked the Yankees would win in 4, then big in game 7. Wierd how I had it backwards with the BoSox pulling off the "reverse" sweep finishing big.

It is all about numbers and the Yankees were "due" a collapse

They will be back.

Isn't it the OPPOSITE?  If the Sox win the Series, we're the most cursed sports franchise left (except the Cubs - are they considered a "sports franchise")?  It almost makes me want to root for the Yankees.

Almost.

78506[/snapback]

I don't think cursed!! even know they were AFL championships... Buffalo did win.

What about Minnesota (NFL)

The Cubs I would say.

I watched the Stros-Cards game for the first time today. Pitching looks good... It will be tough for the AL winner.

The Sox-Yankee series was so "crippling."

I give the Sox a better chance against the Astros... Hate to say it BF... If the Sox play the Cards (I hate the Cards more than the Sox) they will have a really tough time... I was wrong before??? But, ohhhh soooo close! ;):)

Are the Bills now going to be off the hook for futility in postseason play?  This will be the biggest collapse EVER in postseason if they lose--which looks like they are well on their way to being smoked!!!  The Sox will have come back from a 3-0 deficit and come into Yankee stadium and humiliated the Yanks.  Biggest collapse ever now belongs to the Yankees--not the Bills.

78401[/snapback]

Ummm...no. Not even close. If you call 26 World Championships futility in postseason play then I hope the Bills become the most hapless team in sports history.